Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

This is John Crichton paging Doctor Cylon, pick up the phone imperious leader.

Yechezkel posted:

SCE Asia says it's just a patch to remove security vulnerabilities.

Apparently it 'breaks' all forms of PSJailbreak. Welp.

http://exophase.com/ps3/ps3-firmware-3-42-hits-network-update-18063.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Stanko-Prussian posted:

if only they'd devote this much effort into fixing their broken-rear end flash they "upgraded" to in 3.40 so i can watch fuckin tvcatchup again.

Broken flash isn't going to cost them potential millions in lost sales :smug:

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Also, how long does data transfer usually take? I know it depends on the amount of stuff I have, but does it also depend on hard-drive speed?

Well, when I did my 80GB, it did roughly 63GB of data in 6 hours to an external hard drive. However I would say this was an extreme case, I've seen someone do 30-40GB in about an hour and a half. It may just be that my external drive sucks.

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Oshi-

New KB trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sTiyeQ2bI&feature=sub

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Alucardd posted:

Blu-ray Remote I think.

Aye I've seen the PS3 pictured with it plenty. Makes sense with Blu-Ray selling point.

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

So has anything been announced for firmware 3.50 apart from 3D Blu-Ray support?

edit: hey just like that here's the changelist
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/Nuevo-Firmware-PS3-v3-50/td-p/11547617

English version anywhere?

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The gold plated thing is a joke. What he really means is you want everything diamond plated.

They don't call it the diamond standard for nothing!

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

So EU PS3 owners are getting LoveFilm.com instant streaming on the PS3. Shwing!

For anyone unaware, LOVEFiLM is like the EU version of NetFlicks. This news has made me pretty happy.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/13/lovefilm-on-ps3/

It's coming this November apparently!

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

So my brothers PS3 (slim 120 GB) is acting up. Hard Drive games and Blu-Ray movies work fine, but loading up a game, the screen goes weird (it varies depending on the game). Theres still sound but no image and the game effectively freezes and I have to turn off the PS3 manually (i.e. with the button). Tested this with COD4, black ops, fifa 11. No dice. Any thoughts as to whats causing this? Only had the system since January this year so I think its still under warranty. The games are fine as I've played one or two of them this week on my Fat 80 gb.

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

You can change your name on the PS3 too, but only in Japan or something.

Yuponly if your PSN account is Japenese, which is weird.

Sorry to be a pest but any ideas about my above posted problem?

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Any idea what the gently caress is going on with getting ME2 on the EU PSN? It's getting somewhat overdue

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

While we're on the subject of PS3 wireless speeds, both myself and my house mate are getting crappy speeds when we use our PS3s wirelessly, but when either of us wire them up the router in the living room they go lightning fast. What could be causing this, is it something that can be fixed with some router fiddling?

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Argh, I turned my PS3 on this afternoon. Worked fine yesterday, now today it resets it's resolution and audio output (I have external speakers hooked up to it) every time I turn it on. Portal 2 launches with a big yellow triangle with a red exclamation mark in the middle, and when I go back to XMB the resolution is back to 567p (there or thereabout) from 1080p. System even thinks its running at 567p after I reset the res to 1080p. Tried the POP Collection and it just defaults back to 567p. What the hell is going on here?

Doc Cylon fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 24, 2011

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Sounds like a failure in either HDCP (HDMI) or autonegotiation (Component or HDMI). Unplug the mains from both devices (including receiver, if necessary) and the display cables from either end for a few minutes, plug it all back in, and try again.

If you do have a receiver, try a direct connection and see if it comes back.

Also 576p.

Turns out it was the monitor. I switched out to my brothers LED TV and it worked fine. Conveniently, I'm buying a 42" LED TV tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

Ever wanted a high vis jacket for your dude in LBP Karting? Now you can because I don't own that game but I'm sure someone does.

9AF8-J5NQ-J75R

• Locked thread