Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

nmfree posted:

Firefox FIREFOX FIREFOX FIREFOX
Seriously, this. Aside from the SNES emulator so my wife could play Secret of Mana and Super Mario World, being able to pull up a web browser that wasn't a bag of poo poo was what I used linux for.

Mug posted:

If you run out of slots, sony will just reset them all in a single phonecall for you.
That's true, but leaving out an important detail. They will reset one slot for every PS3 you send in to them for service. If you run out, you can have them reset all 5 slots, but that's it. Even if you have a PS3 that shits the bed and you send it in to them, they WILL NOT do any more deactivations. Ever. Period. I was on the phone with them about this for well over an hour. This is the policy as it stands right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Brinstar Brew posted:

My PS3 just froze up midgame, turned off, and flashed the power light red til I flicked it off at the back. I turned on the back switch then powered up and it froze mid start up, same deal. I left it off for a while and it turned back on ok, but I turned it off straight away to be safe.

Anyone had anything like this happen before? Is my PS3 dying?
Flashing red generally speaking is one step away from the YLOD. Flashing red is more or less an overheating warning. If it's overheating to the point that it feels it needs to shut itself off, then you can probably figure out where this is going.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

slidebite posted:

Found a port that works on the router, now I get a whopping 3.6M down and 1up.

Still seems just as slow downloading my PSN poo poo though. :suicide:
At least you removed one variable in the equation.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

skywalker6705 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ttA8jKOxOU

Skip to the 4:50ish mark to see why this is mindblowing. That's a PSP game game for god's sake.
Want. Want very badly.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Also, there has been a bit of a split from PS3MS and there is now Universal Media Server being run by some of the guys who used to do their own unique builds. I've found it to much more stable and functional than the original. Might be worth checking out. Much stronger MKV streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

You can activate on 5 systems. You can also go online to the Sony site and deactivate them all from their web site. I think you can do that once a year or something like that.

• Locked thread