Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Bob Cthulhu posted:

Like I said before, it'll make things easier. I don't think you can argue that hooking up any device is easier than not doing it.

The thing is, getting emulation to work on your PS3 would be a lot harder than hooking up a laptop to an hd television.

At this point, the only thing that I think that has me holding interest in the current hacking of the PS3 is the possibility of cheat codes. I loved gamebreaking cheats from the older consoles and miss them here. With that said, I'd much rather be able to have an online functional PS3 and I don't want to see assholes cheating in multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

big mean giraffe posted:

So is that Dungeon Hunter game worth the $12 if you might not play online much or at all?

I've sunk about six enjoyable hours in so far. Do you like collecting stuff and leveling up?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Is there any reason why this would not be a good harddrive for my PS3?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136545

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Don Enterprises posted:

I've owned a PS3 for about a year now but really convinced it was worth the money yet.. it just seems so.. poor quality I guess.

I have a slim model which creaks and groans when it's turned on and from what I've heard this is normal..

The user interface seems to be past its time and unpolished.. I never really liked it before but it hasn't undergone any usability changes or enhancements since I got my PS3

Connecting to my laptop to view videos and music works but always throws up stupid meaningless errors that don't seem to affect anything. Other times I'll be scanning through my list of movies and it the connection seems to "stop" for no reason.. but going back to the main menu and trying again makes it work fine. Sometimes watching videos they will stop halfway through for no reason. Feels so unprofessional and poorly made, like it's designed to only work only 'most' of the time.

I can't watch videos from a USB unless its in FAT32 format and specifically in a folder called VIDEO? What the hell?

I personally really like the PS3 interface, but I can help you with playing videos. Click on the USB drive and press triangle. Select show all.

I own a fat PS3, but my machine is mostly silent. Maybe your machine isn't working correctly.

• Locked thread