Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!

Policenaut posted:

Really? Because I'm in this weird set up where I have only like 2 slots left and 1 belongs to another person and the other is on my dying PS3. I've heard like "Oh you MIGHT get them reset if you're lucky I guess" from people but they really will reset your Account Activations on your PS3 if you just call?

I've heard of other people calling and getting their slots reset with no issues. I had purchased a slim after my 60 gig imploded on me twice (and I was sick of repairing it). I tried to download that God of War 3 documentary that came with the limited edition and it told me my PS3 wasn't authorized to play the video. I just called them up and they took care of it. They told me to wait up to 2 days for it to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
Did anyone have the Netflix interface change on them already? I originally had the one that was in all the preview videos and screenshots, where you could highlight a movie on the main menu and a blurb about it would come up in a black box underneath. Now the menu only shows 4 movies and I need to go into the genres/queue/etc menus to see a full list. There's also no information when the movie is highlighted, I have to select the movie to read anything. Not a huge fan of this change, it all looks rather sparse. I don't know if they're testing different interfaces or if this is an official change. Not crazy about the new one :(

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!

Chainclaw posted:

The first day or two the downloadable Netflix came out for Playstation 3, you could press triangle in your queue to turn on a quick-browse mode that would stream random parts of the items in your queue as you cursored over them. I haven't seen this since then, did they remove it, is there a reason?

I got so excited about it, it was one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time, and helped solve a big issue I've had converting myself and my girlfriend off cable TV (no way to just channel surf), and now it's gone.

They are testing a few different interfaces, supposedly to see which ones people like best (although I have yet to see anything regarding sending them our feedback). Did your whole interface change, or did you just lose the video searching option? I originally had the interface that was previewed in the videos, but after day 2 I've had an interface that is very sparse and I'm not a fan at all. Neither of them could do the video streaming search, but I've seen it done by other people on Youtube.

I really hope they come to a decision and stick with it soon.

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
Is there no option for a mass or batch upload of your saves to the cloud for PS+ users? Or are we stuck selecting each save file individually and copying them that way. Even copying a folder of saves per game would have been nice :(

Great feature regardless, though.

• Locked thread