Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Kin posted:

Remember, do NOT watch The Killing.

I just went downstairs and found my housemate watching it. Filled her in. To think I actually thought that pile of wank was good at first.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Apropos of nothing, has anyone seen The Victorian Farm? That ginger bint is like an archetype of :witch:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Just caught 5 seconds of Andy Parson on Mock the Week. It was more than enough.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mock the Week was never that good, now it's just poo poo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
If it had been done live this evening it would have been brilliant, and that's what it needs to be

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Trickjaw posted:

Apropos of nothing, has anyone seen The Victorian Farm? That ginger bint is like an archetype of :witch:

And doesn't he have a lovely green coat.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Trickjaw posted:

I wish I'd known this was on earlier. There may be something wrong with me, but I really think that beekeeping and cheese-making is interesting.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

ChuckDHead posted:

I wish I'd known this was on earlier. There may be something wrong with me, but I really think that beekeeping and cheese-making is interesting.

It is! Especially when the bees stung the chap on his knob. Plus, they have to be loving the livestock.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Trickjaw posted:

It is! Especially when the bees stung the chap on his knob.

Did this happen this week? Why the gently caress was I watching Question Time?
Oh, that's right, schadenfreude.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did this happen this week? Why the gently caress was I watching Question Time?
Oh, that's right, schadenfreude.

Yep tonight, but Yesterday will repeat it unto the endo of days, so worry not. I checked iplayer for you, but its not there. He stamped around saying he had bees on his 'meat and two veg'. I would have been decidedly more explicit.

That fat cuntbag on QT is really gripping my poo poo. Former Sun columnist bitching about Murdoch? Hippo-crite

e: On This Week, Andrew Neil is at his upmost smuggest over News International, and our former home sec looks like he was pulled off a barge in the Norfolk Broads. Thats what we get for putting a postie in charge of our Justice System.
" You never got the Met report?"
" Nah guv, no fucker would sign fer it"

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 7, 2011

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Trickjaw posted:

That fat cuntbag on QT is really gripping my poo poo. Former Sun columnist bitching about Murdoch? Hippo-crite

I liked the bit where he described The Sun as 'a great newspaper' :)

I thought 'you wouldn't know a great newspaper if it came up and bit you on the arse'. Or, indeed, stung him on the bollocks.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I thought Gaunty was relatively well-composed until he got in that regulation tiff with Hugh Grant. Compare that to the Labour and Tory MPs constantly tossing the blame back and forth...

I loved how a pair of glasses appeared on Hugh approximately half way through the programme which he took off when beginning his answers to give more gravitas. Good acting, Hugh.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

reality_groove posted:

I thought Gaunty was relatively well-composed until he got in that regulation tiff with Hugh Grant. Compare that to the Labour and Tory MPs constantly tossing the blame back and forth...

I loved how a pair of glasses appeared on Hugh approximately half way through the programme which he took off when beginning his answers to give more gravitas. Good acting, Hugh.

there is no way I would support Grant, but at least he stood up for himself when Gaunty started the poo poo slinging, which to be fair is the go-to for Sun writers. Grant should have said " Yeah I had a beautiful bit of stuff at home, but I wanted a bit of strange. And I had the money to do it. And she forgave me. Tell me, can you make me jealous?"

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Trickjaw posted:

Awww yeeaaah victorian farm is the poo poo. And you shut up about witchface she is not a bint she is very nice and good at preserving things in jars :colbert:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The bit that got me about the guy from the Sun was when he brought up the "brave, heroic policemen being honoured here in London tonight" when it had nothing to do with the question concerning corruption in the Met.

Instead of answering the question, he ended up getting on his soap-box, spewing some sort of policeman-jingoism to try to win over the crowd in his tone that kept rising and rising, apparently to imbue his stupid loving speech with some sort of gravity and rouse an applause. He was a smug arsehole.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Instead of answering the question, he ended up getting on his soap-box, spewing some sort of policeman-jingoism to try to win over the crowd in his tone that kept rising and rising, apparently to imbue his stupid loving speech with some sort of gravity and rouse an applause. He was a smug arsehole.

Nothing quite so tragic as an unpopular populist.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

I just went downstairs and found my housemate watching it. Filled her in. To think I actually thought that pile of wank was good at first.....

Could someone spoiler tag a quick recap of why the finale was so poorly received for someone who is never going to watch it?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Little annoyed that I had to track down Valley Of The Dolls aka Marwencol because 4oD doesn't have the hosting rights, but I had to treck through several hundred lovely 'documentaries' they did in the past to check.

Is Crip On A Trip really worth the space 4oD? I mean, really!?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Raffles posted:

Could someone spoiler tag a quick recap of why the finale was so poorly received for someone who is never going to watch it?

From what I've heard, they don't actually reveal who done it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Carpet posted:

From what I've heard, they don't actually reveal who done it.

Or why

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

For those of you who missed it, Dave is showing every episode of Shameless from series 1 onwards, starting with two episodes tonight at 10pm, then one episode ever weekday night.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
In the Loop is on iPlayer, thoroughly recommended.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Brown Moses posted:

For those of you who missed it, Dave is showing every episode of Shameless from series 1 onwards, starting with two episodes tonight at 10pm, then one episode ever weekday night.

My sister has the first couple of series on DVD, I keep putting off watching but I will one of these days I swear!

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Wormophile posted:

Awww yeeaaah victorian farm is the poo poo. And you shut up about witchface she is not a bint she is very nice and good at preserving things in jars :colbert:

And making butter, as we saw in tonight's episode.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Sirens was actually pretty good tonight I thought.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Bioalchemist posted:

Sirens was actually pretty good tonight I thought.

Yeah it's growing on me quite a bit. I had no idea about that ICE contact til Sirens though.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

There are times I really wish Drop The Dead Donkey was still on TV. This last week has been one of them.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Haha, if that were the case then Stephen Tompkinson's character would be in custody right now.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

If they did a one-off special that tackled this whole debacle and maybe a bit of WikiLeaks, it could be amazing.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
So what, Question Time just packs it up for the summer holidays during the biggest hegemonic shift this country has seen in ~20 years? Nothing to talk about I guess...

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Leyburn posted:

So what, Question Time just packs it up for the summer holidays during the biggest hegemonic shift this country has seen in ~20 years? Nothing to talk about I guess...

Parliament has a summer recess, and Question Time reflects this.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

dimebag dinkman posted:

If they did a one-off special that tackled this whole debacle and maybe a bit of WikiLeaks, it could be amazing.

A one-off of Absolute Power (getting News Corp as clients) would be great too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Idioteque Dance posted:

A one-off of Absolute Power (getting News Corp as clients) would be great too.

Any amount of new Absolute Power for any reason would be amazing.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I'd settle for John Fortune interviewing George Parr of News Corporation.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Leyburn posted:

Haha, if that were the case then Stephen Tompkinson's character would be in custody right now.
No, he's spent the last 12 years as a captive god to an Amazonian tribe and will never return to western civilisation.

The ending of DTDD didn't really leave things open for a sequel. Probably for the best really.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

The bit that got me about the guy from the Sun was when he brought up the "brave, heroic policemen being honoured here in London tonight" when it had nothing to do with the question concerning corruption in the Met.

Guess who sponsors that particular awards ceremony.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
If you want to realize that the entire education system in the UK is utterly hosed, feel free to check out "Classroom Secrets" that aired on BBC on Thursday. Apparently if you're a 9 year old in school you can now get taken out of class for a little private breakfast if you say you're hungry.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Seriously where the hell has Have I Got News For You gone?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
It's really wierd that Mock the Week ended it's current run a week before all this stuff kicked off too.
It's like they waited for all the topical shows to end before starting :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

Seriously where the hell has Have I Got News For You gone?

You would have thought they would have smashed out a special considering whats going on. Ian Hislop must be bouncing off the walls somewhere.