Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

slotbadger posted:

It was lovely to see my delightful home town of Wakefield on the old goggle box last night. At least I can say hi to the coppers now.
Just got round to watching this. Nice to see the madness of a Wakey night captured on film.

yorkshiresnype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Ooh I just saw the Christmas coke advert! Festive levels unaffected

Is Downton Abbey any good? I thought I might get it for my mum's Christmas.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

HOLIDAYS ARE COMING HOLIDAYS ARE COMING
THE TRUCKS ARE BACK!

Downton is TV crack for anyone over 40. It's the best period drama in a loooong time. It would make a smart gift.

I decided to start watching True Blood tonight with the last two episodes of Series 2. I am an idiot. Still, fun trying to work out who's who and what's going on.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Adrianics posted:

I can't watch it tonight and some rear end in a top hat on Facebook ruined the big twist for me :( Fuuuuuuck!!

Well imagine my luck when I wanted to start watching the first series before the second one started and then I saw the E4 promo for it which pretty much shows how the first series ends!

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

reality_groove posted:

HOLIDAYS ARE COMING HOLIDAYS ARE COMING
THE TRUCKS ARE BACK!

Downton is TV crack for anyone over 40. It's the best period drama in a loooong time. It would make a smart gift.

I decided to start watching True Blood tonight with the last two episodes of Series 2. I am an idiot. Still, fun trying to work out who's who and what's going on.

Lick the egg

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
loving hell, why does Russell Howard keep on passing news stories off Red Eye as real ones? What a lazy oval office.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Brown Moses posted:

Best episode ever.

gently caress, now im hyped. Pity im going to see it in 4od quality :(

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

loving hell, why does Russell Howard keep on passing news stories off Red Eye as real ones? What a lazy oval office.

I really want to gently caress Russell Howard but I don't really like him that much. God I hate the 21st century

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Figaro posted:

I really want to gently caress Russell Howard but I don't really like him that much. God I hate the 21st century

Lazy eye, crooked teeth, what a catch.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Lazy eyes are cool, it's like a semi permanent wink

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

On tv, sense of humor, celebrity status. Could be worse?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

LE0N posted:

On tv, sense of humor, celebrity status. Could be worse?

Breaking into a funny voice combined with obligatory story about animals is funny?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
When is the next episode of Peepshow online anyways?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Breaking into a funny voice combined with obligatory story about animals is funny?

Its not like your vying to find out who's funnier you or him!? who are you....andy parsons?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Adrianics posted:

I can't watch it tonight and some rear end in a top hat on Facebook ruined the big twist for me :( Fuuuuuuck!!

It says something about the quality of the show when the reveal of the big twist isn't the best thing about the big twist. The way it then plays out is done amazingly well, it's past Lost levels of "this loving show".

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

SeanBeansShako posted:

When is the next episode of Peepshow online anyways?
The first episode isn't on TV until tonight. Assuming that the early online showing of ep1 was a gimmick, I'm not expecting ep2 to be available anywhere until next Friday.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hell is watching a you've been framed marathon with Andy Parsons and Russell Howard.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Hey, you know what, You've Been Framed is loving hilarious. Forget all these Rude Tubes and Robert's Webs, YBF is the original and best clip show. Say what you will about Harry Hill but he makes that show ten times more watchable, I randomly tuned in last weekend and laughed a lot mroe than I have at any other recent show (bar the Apprentice).

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

My guilty pleasure is ITV on Saturday from 7pm, You've Been Framed, TV Burp, and X-Factor. You've Been Framed is much more entertaining with Harry Hill, he brings a very slight edginess to it that stops it from being a bland clip show.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

reality_groove posted:

Hey, you know what, You've Been Framed is loving hilarious. Forget all these Rude Tubes and Robert's Webs, YBF is the original and best clip show. Say what you will about Harry Hill but he makes that show ten times more watchable, I randomly tuned in last weekend and laughed a lot mroe than I have at any other recent show (bar the Apprentice).
What's wrong with Harry Hill? I think he's great, particularly for what he does. He's the only mainstream entertainer for years who isn't completely shite.

I do think he has a prejudice against fat people though. I think everything I've seen him do has atleast one joke at the expense of someone's weight. TV Burp has loads every episode. I'm nowhere near fat but someone pointed it out to me and you start to notice it more and more.

workinonit
Jul 11, 2009
Do they edit in applause into comedy shows to make it easier to edit or something? Nobody apart from a TV audience has burst into spontaneous applause instead of laughter when something funny happens. It really loving irritates me :argh:

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Hoops posted:

What's wrong with Harry Hill? I think he's great, particularly for what he does. He's the only mainstream entertainer for years who isn't completely shite.

I do think he has a prejudice against fat people though. I think everything I've seen him do has atleast one joke at the expense of someone's weight. TV Burp has loads every episode. I'm nowhere near fat but someone pointed it out to me and you start to notice it more and more.
He was a doctor. They tend to hate fat people.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Harry Hill is perhaps the most annoying piece of crap I've ever seen on TV. He talks like a loving retard and he is not funny in the slightest. My family love the guy and I can't understand why. He is just annoying beyond belief.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Zorba the Greek posted:

Harry Hill is perhaps the most annoying piece of crap I've ever seen on TV. He talks like a loving retard and he is not funny in the slightest. My family love the guy and I can't understand why. He is just annoying beyond belief.

His observations are usually so out of left field, that's the funny part. It's not his gags, it's the little details that he sees that NOBODY else would notice.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thehustler posted:

His observations are usually so out of left field, that's the funny part. It's not his gags, it's the little details that he sees that NOBODY else would notice.

"Have you ever noticed how you start looking like your clocks?"

I really don't understand how anyone can be upset by Harry Hill. He's on ITV, so it's not like it's hard to avoid him.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

BizarroAzrael posted:

"Have you ever noticed how you start looking like your clocks?"

I really don't understand how anyone can be upset by Harry Hill. He's on ITV, so it's not like it's hard to avoid him.

Well, when your forced to watch it... Seriously though. Everyone has their own tastes! I just don't find comedy like that funny.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
His standup used to be kind of awe inspiring. TV Burp is getting a bit tired now and his TV stuff has never been quite as good, but it still has some worth to it. He does seem to have pretty small-c conservative views behind all the whacky, but it's not really overpoweringly hostile or anything.

I don't know if I can ever really forgive him for giving tacit approval to Derrik Accora, though.

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!

Zorba the Greek posted:

Well, when your forced to watch it... Seriously though. Everyone has their own tastes! I just don't find comedy like that funny.

There goes the one piece of common ground I thought held this thread together.

And since it's been brought up: TV Burp was really good last week! I loved the attempted arm movements from Strictly Come Dancing.

Edit: I agree his stand-up is the best thing he does. A treat for anybody who hasn't seen it: An audience with Harry Hill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2rfdF7d4lI

lionlegs fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 26, 2010

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

reality_groove posted:

The hell part would come from Andy and Russell's colour commentary.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Are we going to take bets on if Robert's Web is going to be poo poo?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
My favourite bit on Harry Hill is when he shills for Harvester.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
My favourite thing about Harry Hill is that he is on ITV, with all the other poo poo that makes it a channel I may as well have detuned fifteen years ago.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Are we going to take bets on if Robert's Web is going to be poo poo?

Even Robert himself played it down a bit

@RealRobertWebb posted:

Can I just say that although Robert's Web is fab, not everything is instantly as good as a beloved sitcom that's been with us for 7 years...

How good can a weekly funny youtube video show be?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Robert's Web is a real thing. It's like something out of a Lee & Herring routine.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Why does he keep hosting lovely clip shows?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

cloudchamber posted:

Why does he keep hosting lovely clip shows?

A sack full of money for almost no work with almost no expectations. Nobody watched the Smoking Room, this is what happens.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Theshby posted:

A sack full of money for almost no work with almost no expectations. Nobody watched the Smoking Room, this is what happens.

Goddammit, I just remembered I haven't got that on DVD yet!

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Poor Robert Webb. It must suck being the less successful (less funny?) half of a double act.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't know about that. David Mitchell seems to like doing panel shows, and Robert Webb likes getting money for old rope.

Both are pretty good at what they do, and both are pretty successful. Besides, we never got to see David Mitchell do this

One nil to the Webbster I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Twitter tells me David Mitchell and Ross Noble are panelists on QI tonight, so high expectations since they have been good contributors I think. That's Ross's third appearance this series, surprising since they are also his first appearances.