Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Akuma posted:

Nobody dislikes Andy Hamilton, surely?

I hope not.

He walked past me during the Fringe. He's TINY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Stop stealing my gimmick

He's annoyed you, but how attractive do you find him?

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Octy posted:

Yeah, it was okay. But now I just noticed that WILTY is finally back so I'm happy again.
Lee Mack trying to explain what all his keys do was "service station map" level hilarity

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Am I the only person who finds Claudia Winkleman attractive? Good that it's finally back after ages though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Judge Tesla posted:

Am I the only person who finds Claudia Winkleman attractive? Good that it's finally back after ages though.

I don't know about attractive but you might be the only person who finds her tolerable.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Dicky B posted:

Lee Mack trying to explain what all his keys do was "service station map" level hilarity

That's exactly what I was thinking about as well. The producers obviously love coming up with this kind of stuff for him, and the results are always hilarious, even when they kinda defeat the purpose of the game. Wasn't there also one where he had to pretend that some crude watercolor painting was a portrait of him drawn by a monkey?

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't know about attractive but you might be the only person who finds her tolerable.

I dunno, I find her pretty tolerable as well. She always brings a certain energy to these panel shows.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

Keep your hands off or I will cut you!

(She's great)

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

DominoDancing posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking about as well. The producers obviously love coming up with this kind of stuff for him, and the results are always hilarious, even when they kinda defeat the purpose of the game. Wasn't there also one where he had to pretend that some crude watercolor painting was a portrait of him drawn by a monkey?
Also the one where the initials of his first 7 girlfriends spell out "BERMUDA". It's always obvious from the start that it's a lie and just the producers testing Lee's wit. Thankfully I don't think they overdo them.

PriorMarcus posted:

Ah yes Winkleman, with her joyous enthusiasm and completely inoffensive personality. Completely intolerable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Judge Tesla posted:

Taff has gone on record in the past as finding her quite charming.

At least she's not Tess Daly.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dicky B posted:

Ah yes Winkleman, with her joyous enthusiasm and completely inoffensive personality. Completely intolerable.

She's atrocious on Film 2000 and never adds anything to the discussion except which star she fancied the most.

I'm surprised she has so many fans here when she seems to add very little to any show she's part of.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

She's atrocious on Film 2000 and never adds anything to the discussion except which star she fancied the most.

I'm surprised she has so many fans here when she seems to add very little to any show she's part of.

She speaks about films like normal people speak about films, which is a thing normal people like to see.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
She was pretty great on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown as well. Just a nice amount of energy that really freaked out Jon Richardson.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

She's spunky. People like that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

She speaks about films like normal people speak about films, which is a thing normal people like to see.

Normal people don't care or know anything about films, which is a good reason why they've not all got jobs as film critics.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thehustler posted:

She's spunky. People like that.
She's like if Kate Beckinsale was a meth head.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I quite like her, but I'm not sure how much of that is on her own merit and how much of it is simply in comparison to Tess Daly and Bruce Forsyth.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Fatty posted:

She was pretty great on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown as well. Just a nice amount of energy that really freaked out Jon Richardson.

That was an amazing episode; the producer who thought up that partnership was a proper sadist. Richardson was visibly flinching every time she squealed or touched him. By the end of the episode he looked about as pitifully shell-shocked as a man who'd spent 6 months lurking in a WW1 trench in the Somme.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Strom Cuzewon posted:

He's annoyed you, but how attractive do you find him?

Im reserving judgement until I hear his voice

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Judge Tesla posted:

no

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah she's not. I think Winkleman is attractive and I really enjoy her voice.

She always reminds me of your friends mum who you fancied when you were young

Rarity posted:

Taff has gone on record in the past as finding her quite charming.

At least she's not Tess Daly.

I like Tess Daly, and the fact that she married Vernon Kay so her name is really Tess Kay (also I like her voice)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
But how do you feel about the dephless void behind her cold, dead eyes?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

Ages ago she told this story (on Graham Norton?) about how she was watching Aladdin with her little boy and they were sitting on the rug singing a whole new world and I think that's how I got diabetes.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ages ago she told this story (on Graham Norton?) about how she was watching Aladdin with her little boy and they were sitting on the rug singing a whole new world and I think that's how I got diabetes.

She always seems so happy to be on TV and doing what she does. Like Martha :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

I'm always more tickled by the joy they seem to get out of subverting David's 'posh' image, which is largely a myth they themselves have made into a thing. Like this one with his uni friend whose floor he vomited on. As soon as he said it it was obviously true, because it's exactly the kind of thing they love 'revealing' about him, and it's too mundane, yet specific. (Although, I have read/listened to his autobiography, so maybe I'm just used to how much of a slob Mitchell really is.)

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Just watched a grown woman throw a strop when she came in 4th on Come Dine With Me. The normal version is so much better than the couples.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Turned Eastenders on. Saw phil dressed as:

Don't know what to think anymore

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Still not Phil Mitchell Crack Addict, which was clearly EastEnders' Sgt Peppers.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Still not Phil Mitchell Crack Addict, which was clearly EastEnders' Sgt Peppers.

Crack head Phil Mitchell was the high point of soap opera's for the past 20 years. We will never see the likes of it again.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

CherryCat posted:

Just watched a grown woman throw a strop when she came in 4th on Come Dine With Me. The normal version is so much better than the couples.

I saw this, it was pretty amazing. There's always a few people who will say "mine is definitely the winning menu, I'm definitely going to win" but so few carry on this belief after reading they were placed fourth.

It helped that she was thoroughly unlikable throughout the rest of the show, too.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
No Downton thread this year?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

fluppet posted:

No Downton thread this year?

Yes, actually: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665618

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I got really annoyed as I got an email from the BBC announcing a second series of House of Fools which I loving hated. Honestly it was my 2nd worst show of the last 12 months.

Then I applied for tickets to watch it get filmed.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The Big Taff Man posted:

I got really annoyed as I got an email from the BBC announcing a second series of House of Fools which I loving hated. Honestly it was my 2nd worst show of the last 12 months.

Then I applied for tickets to watch it get filmed.

Sounds fun, I liked it when I understood what it was, just a new context for Vic and Bob to do their thing.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

I bet it's a blast to see live. It always struck me as a sort of stage show that they just happened to film and put on TV.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I watched the last season get filmed and I had way more fun watching it live than on TV.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Have Channel 4 broken my brain, or is 'Scrotal Recall' the best title for a comedy ever?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What has Todd out off of Corrie done to gently caress everyone off now? I've not seen it for a couple of months.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
He almost got Tyrone killed. He's also a complete dick to everyone else.

Edit. Tyrone wanted a loft conversion, Todd provided cheap building materials, and it collasped under Tyrone when he was checking it out.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 24, 2014

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Have Channel 4 broken my brain, or is 'Scrotal Recall' the best title for a comedy ever?

I just sat and stared in dazed admiration after I saw the title pop up for it. It's truly astonishing.

Also, in Bake-Off chat; none can stand before the juggernaut that is Richard the Builder. He's crushing all before him in his relentless pursuit of Star Baker, armed only with his pencil, a doughnut and an affable smile. I do like him. :3:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I hate his obnoxious pencil and I'm gutted Martha is gone—please give Chetna a cooking show now and Martha one in five years—but I'll concede his bakes were generally the more impressive this week. Still, now pulling for Chetna to win. (Unless she gets all mango-obsessed again.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mango is pretty loving great though.