Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

African AIDS cum posted:

Any chance of a new series of Gavin and Stacey?

I'd say that's kinda unlikely given James Corden's new commitments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

DominoDancing posted:

I'd say that's kinda unlikely given James Corden's new commitments.

Shame, that was some class telly

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It ended didn't it?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

goatface posted:

It ended didn't it?

Yeah but maybe they could do another Christmas Special

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A lot of comedies have been ruined by repeatedly coming back for specials.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Is anyone watching Graham Norton? What the gently caress is this weird interpretative dance poo poo?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Does one of you Brits know why Would I Lie To You? has such a weird schedule this season? Apparently the next episode will air in December, then there will be one "in 2015" and then they'll tack on the usual compilation episode. Any reason why they're now taking of weeks/months between single episodes?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

DominoDancing posted:

Does one of you Brits know why Would I Lie To You? has such a weird schedule this season? Apparently the next episode will air in December, then there will be one "in 2015" and then they'll tack on the usual compilation episode. Any reason why they're now taking of weeks/months between single episodes?

Maybe themed episodes? Christmas, valentines etc

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Why aren't there subtitles for much ado about Nothing on sky Atlantic 2 ffs

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aha, thought I'd spotted an advert for more of that Babylon police comedy/drama thing. The Danny Boyle one. Proper series starts on the 13th. I don't remember much about it other than I liked it. Channel 4 by the looks of it.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

McDragon posted:

Aha, thought I'd spotted an advert for more of that Babylon police comedy/drama thing. The Danny Boyle one. Proper series starts on the 13th. I don't remember much about it other than I liked it. Channel 4 by the looks of it.
James Nesbitt does Malcolm Tucker. Hope it's as good without
Danby Boyle. Maybe better?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

McDragon posted:

Hope they manage to get the balance of drama and humour right this time; it didn't quite work in the pilot. The boorish comedy officers on the beat were jarringly at odds with the black dramedy of Nesbit and the PR lady.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I think I'm in love with Brian Cox. He's so dreamy.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

XMNN posted:

I think I'm in love with Brian Cox. He's so dreamy.

His voice is very soothing, seems like a nice chap. Which possibly means he'll turn out to be a paedo or something, but hopefully not.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

WeAreTheRomans posted:

His voice is very soothing, seems like a nice chap. Which possibly means he'll turn out to be a paedo or something, but hopefully not.

Speaking of which, The Missing was just on and it was rather good. Most sympathetic depiction of a paedophile that I've ever seen on telly.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jonnty posted:

Most sympathetic depiction of a paedophile that I've ever seen on telly.

What about Noel's House Party?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Disappointed with these tame election graphics. Where's Jeremy Vine stomping round a CGI saloon?

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Nah, he's a 90's pop star. Probably just a bit embarassed about the music he made.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Ben Soosneb posted:

Nah, he's a 90's pop star. Probably just a bit embarassed about the music he made.
I listened to all of the Infinite Monkey Cage and it's this.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
They did it.

They actually did it

They made Trollied actually unwatchable. Its amazing. I'm giving up on it after 1 episode of the new season. All the new characters are utterly hatable, with Colins nan being the worst character ever in the history of anything

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
last night i watched episode one and two of toast and they were fuckin ace, get watching it you idiots its the best thing on telly

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I hoped you all watched the James Randi Storyville because it was loving amazing. Share it with all of your idiot relatives and friends who believe in woo and poo poo.

And then go and join your local Skeptics group.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

thehustler posted:

I hoped you all watched the James Randi Storyville because it was loving amazing. Share it with all of your idiot relatives and friends who believe in woo and poo poo.

I did watch this and it was excellent. I knew nothing about the man other than the really obvious bits and I loved every bit of that film, other than those bits which had Geller in.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

stickyfngrdboy posted:

last night i watched episode one and two of toast and they were fuckin ace, get watching it you idiots its the best thing on telly

Ive never heard of this show.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive never heard of this show.

you wouldn't like it taff, it's regularly offensive

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

thehustler posted:

Storyville is so great they just buy up and broadcast what seems like every single documentary from the past year. This one was good, the one about Lance Armstrong was good (it was basically a mafia movie but about a cyclist), I figure the one about russian prisons is good but I am definitely not ever going to watch it.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

I figure the one about russian prisons is good but I am definitely not ever going to watch it.

Wise choice there, my love.

I love Storyville too. Murderball, Blackfish, The Queen of Versailles, they're all amazing. Though I think the most soul-destroying was The Disappeared, about the missing men and women killed by the IRA in the 1970s'. And the most entertaining was The Great Hip Hop Hoax, about 2 lads from Dundee pretending to be LA rappers.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

thehustler posted:

jesus Christ are these actually a thing? Do they just sit around being insufferable for an hour or what?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Irisi posted:

Wise choice there, my love.

I love Storyville too. Murderball, Blackfish, The Queen of Versailles, they're all amazing. Though I think the most soul-destroying was The Disappeared, about the missing men and women killed by the IRA in the 1970s'. And the most entertaining was The Great Hip Hop Hoax, about 2 lads from Dundee pretending to be LA rappers.

The Disappeared is loving fantastic imo.

I also liked the one about the Balkan diamond hiest crew but I can't remember what it's called currently.
e: found it, Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 6, 2014

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Jonnty posted:

jesus Christ are these actually a thing? Do they just sit around being insufferable for an hour or what?

If you call wanting more evidential-based decisions in life and trying to educate people on how to not get taken in by conmen and the like peddling alternative therapies and whatnot being insufferable, then sure.

We have regular talks too, last month I went to a talk about the psychology of voting decisions and how background and intelligence can play a part in who you vote for.

Have a look into your local group first before making any assumptions!

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

thehustler posted:

I did, and then some people there thought I was a Scientologist sent to spy on them.

Jonnty posted:

We had talks by Ghost Hunters, The Actual Real Life Version of Fox Mulder (he worked for MI5 (or 6) and had to investigate ufo sightings lol), Jon Ronson, Simon Singh, Robin Ince, that guy off the BBC who screamed at a Scientologist. The crowd there are alright, save for the odd few (see above).

You can learn a lot. For instance, did you know hibernating animals have to come out of hibernation to have a little sleep? They wake up and hibernate again.

Fars out man.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Aaaaaah the new toast of London. Feel like it's got more outright funny stuff in it than last time? Still very good anyway.

thehustler posted:

If you call wanting more evidential-based decisions in life and trying to educate people on how to not get taken in by conmen and the like peddling alternative therapies and whatnot being insufferable, then sure.

We have regular talks too, last month I went to a talk about the psychology of voting decisions and how background and intelligence can play a part in who you vote for.

Have a look into your local group first before making any assumptions!

geezo. that was a lot of words for 'yes'

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Possibly the best TV credit I've ever seen.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Jonnty posted:

I've only ever been to one skeptic group meeting and basically the whole thing was discussing why they weren't going to discuss the misogyny and hosed up sexual attitudes baked into the skeptic movement.

Then again I'm not in the UK so it might be different over there?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
The guy who wrote The Detectorists' theme song is the main character in Scrotal Recall. :aaaaa:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Republican Vampire posted:

I've only ever been to one skeptic group meeting and basically the whole thing was discussing why they weren't going to discuss the misogyny and hosed up sexual attitudes baked into the skeptic movement.

Then again I'm not in the UK so it might be different over there?

I've been to one or two skeptic events 'round here, mostly when they have pop-sci authors speaking. In my experience they're largely a political movement; there was a big push a while back to change libel law, since you could be sued for libel even if you were telling the truth. I don't know if that ever actually changed.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The libel thing was driven by people like Simon Singh and Jack of Kent, among others.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

thehustler posted:

The libel thing was driven by people like Simon Singh and Jack of Kent, among others.

Something about the homeopathy society suing Simon for libel when he said that homeopathy was nonsense.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

British Chiropractic Association, but yeah. Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Jonnty posted:

Aaaaaah the new toast of London. Feel like it's got more outright funny stuff in it than last time? Still very good anyway.

After a crap day yesterday, seeing Paul Darrow play a character called Duncan Clench gave me much pleassiarrrr.