Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You dicks. I can't beleive you mentioned Brass Eye too me, now I am legally obligated to watch it again. I was meant to be doing something tonight for gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
"People say alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

You are a paedophile, you are a nonce, you're a perv, you're a slot badger, you're a two pin DIN plug, you're a bush dodger, you're a small bean regarder, you're a unabummer, you're a nut administrator, you're a bent ref, you're the crazy world of Arthur Brown, you're a fence foal, you're a free willy, you're a chimney bottler, you're a bunty man, you're a shrub rocketeer.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What other satirist taped phonebooks to his chest in case he got stabbed?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

What's a quack handle?

To this day, we will never really know.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You are a paedophile, you are a nonce, you're a perv, you're a slot badger, you're a two pin DIN plug, you're a bush dodger, you're a small bean regarder, you're a unabummer, you're a nut administrator, you're a bent ref, you're the crazy world of Arthur Brown, you're a fence foal, you're a free willy, you're a chimney bottler, you're a bunty man, you're a shrub rocketeer.

One day, a stairwell nonce-bashing left him brain dead and quadro-spazzed on a life-glug.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Crazy world of Arthur brown would make a good band name.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
edit: nvm :shobon:

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Lemon posted:

As long as Andi Peters, Neil Buchanan and Terry Nutkins avoid clink I'm happy. I still believe in the 80s!!!

Edit: Just remembered Nutkins is dead. Third of the way there!

I once caught Nutkins staring at a woman's arse in Sainsburys. He was pretending to be looking at an orange in his hand.

The woman appeared to be in her 30s, so fret not.

e:

Just remembered my sister accidentally barged Andi Peters and winded him. As he sucked wind on the NEC floor, he did not have the air or eyes of a nonce.

I've had no interaction with Neil Buchanan, although I did meet his BBC equivalent Mark Speight, who did me a little sketch. He was alright

at the time.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Padje posted:

I did meet his BBC equivalent Mark Speight, who did me a little sketch. He was alright

at the time.

Aw, we were talking about him the other day, there is a charity set up that helps children and art come together- http://www.speightoftheart.org.uk/index_foundation.php Really sad what happened to him :(

I quite literally bumped into Chris Morris about 13 years ago at a performance of King Lear at the Old Vic in London. I was so stunned I didn't say a word to him despite being totally in awe of him. I don't even know what I could have said. Ah, missed opportunities.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Rondette posted:

Aw, we were talking about him the other day, there is a charity set up that helps children and art come together- http://www.speightoftheart.org.uk/index_foundation.php Really sad what happened to him :(

Thanks for that. I'm gonna send them some dosh.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think there is anything one could say to Chris Morris that'd make him like you, or even not annoy him, so you did well.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think there is anything one could say to Chris Morris that'd make him like you, or even not annoy him, so you did well.

Yeah, I think a stunned 2 second-long stare was probably the best result for everyone involved in that situation.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Padje posted:

Just remembered my sister accidentally barged Andi Peters and winded him. As he sucked wind on the NEC floor, he did not have the air or eyes of a nonce.

Friend of mine was once stood behind him in a queue at an airport coffee shop and halfway through a conversation my friend was having with his girlfriend that was totally unrelated to Andi Peters, Peters picked up his coffee turned round and said "Yes, it is me" and flounced off.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not TV, but it looks like a bunch of the Just a Minute back catalog will disappear soon. Although a bunch of outlets are referring to Freud as definitely a paedophile, thought it was a bit soon for that?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not TV, but it looks like a bunch of the Just a Minute back catalog will disappear soon. Although a bunch of outlets are referring to Freud as definitely a paedophile, thought it was a bit soon for that?

I've had an incredibly disappointing fortnight - I've been binging through JaM having never listened to it before and have run the whole spectrum of "oh wow this guy is incredible, I should listen to more of his stuff" to "oh poo poo he's dead" on Monday to "oh poo poo he's a paedo" yesterday.

At least Cliff Richard is acceptable again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cliff Richard was never acceptable.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Murder in Successville is back by the way.

I'm loving it's ability to make me appreciate celebrities that I've never heard of or don't care about at all. Vicky Pattison is in the first new episode and she's so adorable in it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Murder in Successville is back by the way.

I'm loving it's ability to make me appreciate celebrities that I've never heard of or don't care about at all. Vicky Pattison is in the first new episode and she's so adorable in it.

Oh hell yeah, I am all in on that right now!

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

including the clips from the original series in Eurotrash was mean. the years have not been kind to Gaultier

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rondette posted:

I quite literally bumped into Chris Morris about 13 years ago at a performance of King Lear at the Old Vic in London. I was so stunned I didn't say a word to him despite being totally in awe of him. I don't even know what I could have said. Ah, missed opportunities.

Jealous.

I would have tried to sell him some cake or clarky cats.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Not that I've listened to JaM in years, but Clement Freud was the next best thing about the show after Kenneth Williams. Those two together were unbelievable. :(

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Best thing Clement Freud did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGZkxp5yoM

I can still laugh at that despite the news.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cliff Richard was never acceptable.

The People's Poet might disagree with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVPAP62TvRY

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Say whatever you like about Richard, but he's right in that the circumstances around this stuff was utter bullshit. Regardless of what happens now, he's going to get the whole 'No smoke without fire' treatment despite there not being a shred of evidence against him.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Murder in Successville was great - Vicky Pattison got right into it, which just makes all the difference.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

Murder in Successville was great - Vicky Pattison got right into it, which just makes all the difference.

Has there been an episode where they didn't get into it? I can't remember....

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Didn't think mark wright really got into it.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Some of them seem a bit nervous or perhaps aren't that good at improv. She was neither.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Has there been an episode where they didn't get into it? I can't remember....

Deborah Meaden deadpanning her way through the whole episode was incredible. She took it so wonderfully seriously!

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

The new series of Taskmaster has started and the first episode had some stupidly funny challenges. Richard Osman and Joe Wilkinson are some of the contestants this season which have been really amazing so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNdFrdUBkJM

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Osman is going to ruin all the fun

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Big taskmaster fan here, really enjoyed the new one. Joe Wilkinson and the potato chucking task was amazing :newlol:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm sorry to anyone in thread, but I really tried to get into Versailles (I really enjoyed over the top sexy Borgias alright? listen to that opening theme!) but gently caress me I just couldn't. I love historical dramas but this one really couldn't grip me. I cannot finish this 2nd episode.

I've got no problem with sex now. It's just the slow pace and terrible terrible off putting writing. I cannot tell which is more jarring the fact the main plot is WE CANNOT HAVE THE KING BUILD VERSAILLES (we sort of already know how this ends up) or the hilariously shallow badly written fictional secret police enforcer who when told he didn't have to murder a baby sulked.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
:toot: 1000th Casualty tonight. :toot:

SeanBeansShako -- I've had the same problem with Versailles. I've tried twice and just can't get into it. Aftet gamely sitting through episode one, and then doing a bit of reading that this is 10 episodes of just one year in Louis's reign...:negative: The guy ruled for like 375 years -- that's some forward planning on the part of the producers/writers. I was hoping for a sumptuous televisual feast like Wolf Hall. A time period I know enough about it enjoy the story, but not enough about to howl with rage over the historical inaccuracies.

It's all good looking and all that...but yeah, after about the fourth or fifth time Louis was banging on about his vision to build a palace at Versaille, and people telling him, You can't build a place at Versailles! and him insisting it's his destiny to build a palace at Versailles*...yeah, I dove back into the stack of Doctor in the House dvds I've just got (pre-teen Ms Boods's crush Robin Nedwell :circlefap:).

*might be exaggerating here, but it sure felt like it...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It doesn't help that make up hair dressing was so drat lazy they couldn't do five minutes research and figuire out how to at least add things like ribbons/hats/different wigs and hair styles so we could tell half the male cast members apart. Also, the sex isn't the issue it is the pacing of it.

Don't slam dunk a sex scene, nudity then a sex scene in a row in the first episode where we want background info/character establishing moments. Such a shame.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I have not watched it, but I didn't expect that much from a period piece written by two people best known for "gritty" cop and spy dramas.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Adele at Glastonbury was bloody amazing

Mellomeh
Jun 12, 2006
Did anyone watch Flowers? Wonderful show - probably the best thing C4's aired since Black Mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

goatface posted:

I have not watched it, but I didn't expect that much from a period piece written by two people best known for "gritty" cop and spy dramas.

A shame really, just a minor bit of effort and it'd be a guilty pleasure rather than just a waste of money and a really lovely concept.