Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I find when I'm feeling lazy I still bite the excess sponge round the edge but then eat the middle in one go. A much more satisfying orangey bit/other parts ratio imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Never mind round Jaffas, you need to all treat yourself to some of these.

http://bahlsen.co.uk/our-biscuits/classic/messino/

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Squalitude posted:

Any discussion on dunking is worthless unless it's about dunking a sausage in a cup of beans man

Beans in a cup?!

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I thought the accepted way of eating Jaffa Cakes was teaching children about the phases of the moon.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
^^^^^
A poweful technique, but not suitable for general jaffa scoffing.

Paperhouse posted:

this is some advanced jaffa cake knowing. did you feel distressed when on Bake Off they couldn't even remember what they're meant to look like?
I don't watch bake off, i just talk about jaffa cakes on the internet all day.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Beans in a cup?!

Have ye never had a cup of beans man? oh aye yer in for a treat.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Have ye never had a cup of beans man? oh aye yer in for a treat.

Put a sausage in it, it's like a savoury '99.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Rondette posted:

no no no you bite the excess sponge off from round the edges, peel off and eat the chocolate, peel off the jaffa bit, eat the rest of the sponge and then eat the jaffa bit.

And then presumably go wash your hands?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Another fun thing to do w/ jaffa cakes is to extract the jelly then throw it at the ceiling. That's never coming down.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Mediocre posted:

No then you eat the next one. And the next and the next.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Captain Mediocre posted:

That's what tongues are for, right?

On another note, the last episode of Fleabag just killed me. What a strange, depressing, but watchable series.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Fleabag was excellent yeah. The first 2 episodes are hilarious comedy before it morphs into a rather poignant personal drama with funny moments. Definitely worth a watch.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If you still haven't watched it, check out People Just Do Nothing on iPlayer. Amazing mockumentary about a Brentford pirate radio station. I've been watching it since it was buried in the 11pm timeslot on BBC3, the third season has just started on iPlayer and is being shown on BBC2 too.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If you still haven't watched it, check out People Just Do Nothing on iPlayer. Amazing mockumentary about a Brentford pirate radio station. I've been watching it since it was buried in the 11pm timeslot on BBC3, the third season has just started on iPlayer and is being shown on BBC2 too.
It's pretty good, even if the main character is massively David Brent like. I feel quite forgiving though as from what I've read these guys literally just started off making funny youtube videos, and have managed to turn that into 3 decent series of comedy for the BBC. Plus they obviously know the subject matter completely

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, they started out doing sketches on YouTube. And I know a lot of musicians are huge fans of them, because the parody is so clearly affectionate and comes from such obvious fans.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Rondette posted:

no no no you bite the excess sponge off from round the edges, peel off and eat the chocolate, peel off the jaffa bit, eat the rest of the sponge and then eat the jaffa bit.

This is how I eat peanut-butter Tastykakes.

Right, I'm looking forward to tonight's Casualty series 31 kick-off, and I do'nt care who knows it :colbert: They're saying loads of 'faces from the past' are in the episode (which, if you read the cast list on Radio Times, completely spoils the surprise). Myself am holding out for Guppy piloting what appears, from the trailer, to be a helicopter that's not only in distress but quite possibly augering in on the A & E department. Dude went down to London about 10 years ago and never reported back in.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's the longest gap between appearances there's been on any of the big soap operas?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Welp, Casualty just blew their budget for the rest of the year on a single scene.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Welp, Casualty just blew their budget for the rest of the year on a single scene.

What did they do?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

101 posted:

What did they do?

A drone hit a helicopter which crashed into the hospital.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can see a Nuke being detonated in Casualty soon with the way the accidents are escalating.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I think the fact it took place on set probably meant that it was relatively cheap compared to some other stuff they've done.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

New Red Dwarf on Sept 22nd
https://twitter.com/RedDwarfHQ/status/769561397894127616

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

New Red Dwarf on Sept 22nd

Looks slightly better than the last series but that joke was the obvious one to make.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

What the gently caress have they done to Krytens face?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Goon posted:

What the gently caress have they done to Krytens face?

It's grotesque, isn't it? Has he had an accident? It's totally shady!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's just so crypto-fascist.

I didn't even recognise it as being Robert Llewellyn.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I noticed that straight away too, I guess robots age :smith:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Goon posted:

It's just so crypto-fascist.

It's beyond shady - it's surreal!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
close your windows and lock your doors
because its time for Robot Wars

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Challenge is showing the original series of UK Gladiators on Sunday night and it is glorious.

Thought GBBO was good though didn't agree with the star baker pick, thought the geezer who aced the technical should've got it.

I love Jaffa cakes but I'm sure they're something ridiculous fat wise per Jaffa :smith:

When is The Apprentice back?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

A drone hit a helicopter which crashed into the hospital.

ER did this first 15 years ago

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
HIT IT WITH A HAMMER

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can't watch yet but is Thor the wild card y/n

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Yeah, it's Thor.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

When is The Apprentice back?

Good question. I need me some hatewatching.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The best robots of the series got into the final bout and arguably the correct one won.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dzhay posted:

The best robots of the series got into the final bout and arguably the correct one won.

agreed. but I really also liked Neville Longbottom driving TR2, imagine if his robot had more power....

Also poor Thor getting more and more battered, it was painful but fun to watch.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I kinda digged all of the finalists. It was a pretty good episode. Hopefully there'll be a series 2 and the teams will be able to take advantage of all the extra time to do wonders to their robots. I'm looking forward to seeing how things could improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

ER did this first 15 years ago

The one where the doc got his arm chopped off was funny.