Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
Have I missed everyone talking about The Trip?

It's got the three things I love the most in telly: Great food, great impressions, and two talented comic actors just having fun.

Thank god for series catch-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
A bit late to the table on this, I know, but that guy from News of the World on Ten O'Clock Live is an unscrupulous oval office of the worst order

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
I've always been one of those "I hate talent competitions on TV" people, but I can't bring myself to hate The Voice.

Everyone is just quite nice to each other. Even if there's a rivalry, they're not hyping themselves up and talking about how they didn't enter to make friends, etc.

Plus, it made me like Will.I.Am as a person, something I thought could never happen.

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006

Irisi posted:

Anybody else give Wimbledon a miss and watch BBC2s' The Hollow Crown instead? Sort of thing that I'm glad to pay the license fee for. First part was Richard II, and Ben Wishaw was quite remarkable as the fey, spoilt titular character. Bloody amazing supporting cast too.

Looking forward to next week. Think Jeremy Irons as Henry IV will chew the scenery most satisfactorily.

I thought it was staggeringly good. All the televised Shakespeare stuff the BBC has been producing in the past few years has been incredible (and mostly available on iPlayer right now!)

In regards to Richard II, the cast was crazy strong, so it was a joy to watch. The Christ imagery was laid on a bit thick near the end, though

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006

WastedJoker posted:

I am quite enjoying Your Face Sounds Familiar and you can't stop me :colbert:

It's most likely due to the presence of Pointless deity Alexander Armstrong.

I had a good time watching it. Even found myself liking Donny Osmond

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Right, who is responsible for Badults getting on the telly and how can I petition to have them barred from all future TV jobs?

It's really disappointing, especially when the guys behind it are an amazing love sketch act. I guess no-one wants sketch shows anymore. Except Radio 4

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006

Irisi posted:

Because somebody obviously neglected your comedy education when you were younger. Blame your parents/older siblings and sue them for emotional trauma.

It was a fun little show though, very good for playing "Spot The Comedy Actor Before They Hit the Big-Time".

Bruiser is good for that too, if you an find it

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
Finally watched The Revolution Will Be Televised. Wow. All the bad things I heard about it were right. All of their targets are soft.

When they do talk to the general public, they're just playing up being the things they hate the most, and the bit with the celebrities is just pathetic. Well done guys, Eva Longoria doesn't know how to solve global poverty. And?

I can't believe this poo poo won a BAFTA. It should be a barely successful youtube channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
Anyone else watching The Naked Choir?

It's a little bit X-Factor but overall it's quite enjoyable.