Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Anyone watching Harry & Paul? Some of it's pretty funny but the most is a bit..er..stale. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

pisshead posted:

You wouldn't think that in the mid-90s they were pretty much the kings of TV sketch-shows.

Okay I retract my previous statement. The Beatles sketch in episode two made me laugh way too much.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

David Attenborough's new documentary is out on Iplayer- 'First Life'. Basically describes..well, the first life on Earth. I'm assuming there'll be a lot on the Cambrian period and such. But yes, I love David. :unsmith: :parrot:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vspkd/David_Attenboroughs_First_Life_Arrival/

Edit: Bad side- it's not in HD. :smith:

Ezzie fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 6, 2010

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

Ahah. Ahh..brilliant.

PS: Spooks was great, watch it! :parrot:

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

New series of Garrow's Law is out. The second series, to be precise. I, personally, really enjoyed the first series so I'm hoping the second one lives up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w5c5g/Garrows_Law_Series_2_Episode_1/

quote:

Period drama. When 133 African prisoners are thrown overboard from a slave ship in suspicious circumstances, Garrow challenges the brutal trade that regards slaves as cargo.

Pioneering eighteenth century barrister William Garrow returns to the Old Bailey to champion the rights of prisoners against the power of the State.

When 133 African prisoners are thrown overboard from a slave ship in suspicious circumstances, Garrow challenges the brutal trade that regards slaves as cargo. It is a case that amounts to a declaration of war.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

I remember laughing at his stuff when I was ten -ten years ago-, but then again, I was a loving idiot at ten. :smug: I think, as stated above, that people have a problem with the same routine over and over and over and over just to churn a profit.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

Royality posted:

Haha, no chance. The man is not goon material.

He doesn't have 10$ to sign up to an internet forum?
Brian Cox (and Mrs) is the face of 'February' in my geek calender. :unsmith:

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

I don't watch any soaps, but these Hollyoaks/Eastender's plot lines make me think you guys are making poo poo up.

Hugging a scare crow whilst mourning the loss of your cot-death child. Really?!?

Ezzie fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 12, 2011

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

What [another] fantastic episode. The basic concluding premise to the shows seems to be 'kill your self'.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

Richard Herring. :parrot: 'Cept he'd be kicked off after the second week for profusely swearing probably.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

Is this going on Iplayer also, I assume? (hopes)
I'm too strict with myself to stay awake through out the night. Alas for the days gone; the days I once was an insomniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

Not a Twat posted:

Does anyone know why he wasn't given the water? It seemed a bit weird, and was uncomfortable to watch. Although, I'm not sure if he even had enough time to be given a drink of water and then drink it.

Probably because the medicine taken before stopped the stomach from rejecting the poison taken afterwards. So I'm assuming the water could interact and possibly negate the poison or cause more discomfort? Not too sure - just a guess.

Agreeing with others..it was a brilliant documentary; very poignant. I welled-up quite a lot at Peter's death. He seemed like a splendid chap and was so calm with everything. But yes, I have a feeling that moment will stay with me. I do feel very sad for his wife, who seemed to be wanting to hold on to him for as long as she could. :smith:

Ezzie fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 14, 2011