Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Dicky B posted:

This is so good. I wonder how the animation is done. The hand movements in particular are really detailed I'm guessing all the characters have some kind of mechanical skeleton underneath.

BBC iPlayer posted:

Stop-motion series featuring a crime-fighting special agent who plays in a reggae band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
That guy with the gray hair on the panel (on 10 o clock) was he an Apprentice candidate or am I mad? If not I really need to know where I recognise him from.

Edit: They finally showed his name and I googled it. Yep, he was on The Apprentice

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 14, 2011

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

boner meter posted:

A main character just threatened rape for comic effect.

I thought it was more of a warning than a threat but whatever.

Edit: I quite liked that, it was dark and surprising in places. I'll be watching the next episode, that first one wasn't pure gold like the first episode of Peep Show for example but it is going places I think.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 27, 2011

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I really like Luther but the writing is atrocious sometimes. I watched in last night in a quite a state so I can't remember any specifics but the dialogue seems clunky sometimes, maybe it's just because Gray and the hooker can't act, Ripley is pretty bad too. I missed Alice and Paul McGann in this one. Idris is great though, I don't even think about Stringer Bell when Luther's on, great characterisation.

Fake Edit: That scene in the church was terrible dialogue-wise.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Luther was pretty good, don't want to be a dick but I miss the first series. People like Vorenus' wife, that one Doctor and Jewel Diamond. Stringer Bell owns still but everyone else sucks apart from the villains and that Kamp from Octopussy.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I just want to know where he got the key for that bike lock in episode 2 (series 1), I'm pretty sure it came out of nowhere. The other general plothole-y thing is that Luther often jsut suddenly decides he knows that so-and-so is the killer without any real evidence or reason to to lead him to that person.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

spincube posted:

Well, I've just watched through this and I think I'm going to go stare at the wall for a few minutes. That last sequence of events at the '73 Grand Prix is loving heartbreaking.

Just finished it myself. loving insane, everytime one of those cars went up in the footage I let out a "jesus loving christ!" or two. It was especially telling when that driver said that Chapman said to him "I don't want to get too attached to you" or something to that effect. That final crash footage was absolutely awful, good on Purley but ugh it was heartbreaking seeing him try to push that car back over all by himself.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
They have Fringe on after midnight as well, also on Sky2.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I thought the experiment this week was a bit wanky but I do feel like a bit of an idiot for not seeing the end come from right from the start. It was interesting that I was moaning about the audience about half way through, as an individual I didn't want him to get arrested, partly because I thought he'd had enough but also because more annoying things could happen to him over the night, if I were in the situation once I get arrested and I lose my job in a weird phonecall where my colleague isn't even crying- I'd think something was up. (but you could say that's not really the point of the program but we were watching it for like 40 mins)
Also don't they fire people on fridays usually?

It was a laugh and it was nice to see the audience looking like dickheads when they took their masks off. But the last one was better and hopefully next week's will be.

Just caught Would I Lie to You on iplayer and I think it's been the best BBC comedy gameshow for a while now, this week's is great - Dara O'Brien, Sue Perkins, Barry Cryer and Lorraine Kelly. Brilliant combination of panelists and Mitchell, Mack and Brydon are magic anyway.

Edit: Why haven't they copied this in America? there's points and best liars of the week, they'd love it.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 28, 2011

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I thought tonight's Life's Too Short was absolutely brilliant. Best thing Ricky Gervais has ever done imo. Warwick Davis owns, the results of the youtube comments and the extras bit were awful (in a good way). I like how this show is just Extras but centred around the complete humiliation of the Warwick Davis character. It's nasty as hell but I like it.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I'm sure this is not a popular opinion, but I for one, am really going to miss How Not to Live Your Life. The last episode was on last night, it was an hour long christmas special that tied up the series really nicely.

The show as a whole wasn't big, clever or even particularly funny most of the time, but I enjoyed it more than any other bbc3 show (though that is not a difficult achievement). David Armand is great and needs to get more work (remember him as the rejected rainbow rhythms dancer in peep show?). Thank god that Laura Haddock seems to be blowing up somewhat because I don't think I could take not seeing her on screen again, she is just breathtaking (although I do think she looked too skinny in The Inbetweeners Movie). I can't imagine Dan Clark on someone else's show (never saw that comedy showcase show he was involved in), but I hope he finds something else as well because there were some spots of brilliance in his writing and I still cared about Don even though he was a complete bellend.

Anyway, are there any other goons who felt even a little bit the same about this odd little show?

Fake edit: (could(I(use(any(more(brackets? ugh))))))

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I've seen that guy on UC before and yes he was wearing the Naruto headband. Reddish curly hair right? Looks like he could be son of Mark Gatiss' character from Nighty Night.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Z-Magic posted:

They've also got Chris Morris and Tristen Shapiro directing episodes.

Shapeero seems to be making quite a name for himself in the US anyway though. Dude's done Community, Parks and Rec, Workaholics and Happy Endings. But he'll always be the Peep Show director to me (namesake of fake chocolate that tastes better because of crime)

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Yea a friend just told me, best news ever. Their children will be our overlords, and I welcome it.

Edit: Hell a Mitchell-Coren zygote would be a better Prime Minister than the tosser we have now.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
The second series also owns. Apart from that I hope you have already seen Peep Show, Black Books and Father Ted. Those 3 I will recommend without qualification.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I love David Mitchell as much as the next person but on WILTY he generally just does his incredulous-questioning schtick, it's Lee Mack's jibes and quips that elevate the *shudder* banter (also Brydon to spur them both on). It's basically HIGNFY 2.0 in terms of its dynamic, best thing that ever happened to both shows was getting rid of Angus hah.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Handsome Dead posted:

Fixed. Seriously, I don't know what anyone could see in that film.

Soaking of British TV though, I can't wait for the Euros to start later, if just to get the Queen's odious face off my TV for a few hours. For the past week, it's like I've just had a huge stamp in my house.

Watch it again, there's loads of foreshadowing and little bits you can pick up on. Ultimately it's not all up there on screen for you. I thought Kill List was the best British film since In Bruges (and that includes Attack The Block).

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
My advertising pet peeve these days is O2 using Little Boxes. A lovely song that shouldn't be used to sell SIM cards (shows about MILF weed are a-ok).

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Handsome Dead posted:

Every person I know who likes The Mighty Boosh is a knobhead.

Fixed for me... Actually I'd say the people I know who like "The Boosh" are generally mentally unbalanced people who have a large capacity for being knobheads.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Burn MTV and/or America to the ground, salt the earth.

It looks like they've already filmed the entire series from the variety of clips, how did anyone let that past the first scene.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
The great thing about the original was that it was almost as filthy, language- and concept-wise, as being that age was. If it's on MTV they can't have any of that can they? Also it looks like they lifted almost everything else they could straight from the original so it's probably not going to be relatable to American audiences. That plus the lack of filth doesn't leave much at all.

Fake edit turned real edit: It seems like the Will character will not work because he doesn't look like enough of a dweeb. A major aspect of the character is that he's a posh twat in a state school, which doesn't translate directly to American culture.

Intbetweeners was basically Mark Corrigan's time at sixth form, there was a reason the US Peep Show never saw the light of day, I don't know why they thought this remake would work.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 19, 2012

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Crayfish posted:

It can be a bit hit and miss, but I definitely think it's one of the best sketch shows of the last few years.

It's certainly far more amusing than shows like The Armstrong and Miller Show or That Mitchell and Webb look, anyway. I just feel like bringing them both up because they're both shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYC7r4dViI

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Matt Allwright getting piss thrown on him, is there any sweeter sight?

Fake turned real Edit: Also I like Jack Whitehall in Bad Education and Fresh Meat. David Mitchell owns in Peep Show and WILTY and to a slightly lesser degree on panel shows, he sucks on Soapbox and 10 o clock. I prefer the character of Jeremy Usbourne to real life Robert Webb, Webb seems like a self-righteous dick.

"That's not the rowing machine, this is the rowing machine"

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 27, 2012

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

britishbornandbread posted:

I am 25 and I hope to live another fifty or so years, with good health, and I will go to that grave still enjoying the entrapment of cowboy builders on Watchdog. It's when they won't let them close their car doors and interview with them arsey questions that delights me.

There's something about a public school boy taunting tradesmen that I don't like, also his general smug-cuntery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwSH-hX0yJw

The actual show Cowboy Builders is much more preferable, mainly because Dom Littlewood clearly wants to be saying "fahkin liberties" all the time and I do it for him while I'm watching (it's a lot of fun).

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
It's mainly the :smug: but even without the class stuff, it's a guy who's never done a trade dressing tradesmen down, even though they generally are crooks, gently caress Allwright still.

Now mind, I'm trying to find out if Dom Littlewood has ever been a builder but finding out anything before his TV career is pretty difficult (I should be asleep).

Edit: Just a quick analogy, it's like if Kitchen Nightmares was done by Tim Lovejoy.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 12, 2012

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Mellomeh posted:

Media Hint is completely free, no limits. It also means you can watch Hulu.

It's not working on the Comedy Central website, I just want to watch The Other Cubicle dammnit.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

The OA is a great show and although I didn’t watch it for years specifically because of how stupid that scene is out of context when you actually get it it at the end of the season it’s……genuinely extremely powerful and affecting? Kind of remarkable, really. And then season 2 is even better and nuttier.

I miss The OA. Really wish it hadn’t been cancelled.

Me too, I really enjoyed the first season (and loved the second) and then was like wtf at that last scene [of the first season], but since then I've grown to appreciate the weirdness of it. That first season reminded me massively of K-PAX, which was a good thing.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

A friend of mine told me that his teenage niece was watching a TikTok video that included the rap that Louis Theroux did on one of his Weird Weekends on hip hop back in the 90s.

It's actually a rendition of the rap that he did on Chicken Shop Date a few months ago. They've made it into an actual single now I believe. I assume he's getting royalties for it but been wondering if Amelia (CSD host, has the first line of the sample) is getting some too?

Edit: Listened to the actual song now and they cut Amelia out lmao. You don't get paid for being in a TikTok sound do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Yeah, that show had a lot of pleasantly surprising casting. Mon Mothma's husband being played by the guy from Monarch of the Glen for instance.

From ages ago but I think I got the best spot in this show. The bouncer of the club in the first episode was also the bouncer from the gay club/jury episode of Peep Show