Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

henpod posted:

Why the gently caress is Raymond on four now in the mornings, where is my Frasier. I loving hate Raymond.

I don't know if they stopped showing them as I haven't watched Channel 4 in the morning for ages, but I know a couple of years ago they always had Everybody Loves Raymond followed by Frasier. I remember even further back when they had Just Shoot Me and Will and Grace.

You could argue channel 4's early morning comedy schedule is better than their late night one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Hollyoaks has been amazing. I love that it doesn't mind hamming it up, sending itself up, whatever you want to call it. But when it wants to do proper serious storylines and dramatic cliffhangers, it knows when to pull out the big guns.

Whenever the next soap awards are, that Silas must be up for an award or two.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Hoops posted:

I've seen the "Peanuts" song from Shooting Stars probably a dozen times (which is a lot, when you think about) and I have never not laughed once. Shooting Stars doesn't always hit the mark perfectly but when it does there's really nothing else like it on TV.

I think I know what you mean. Sometimes you think "This is too immature." but then it somehow reaches that immature part of you. It tickles you, like that Peanuts song, and you just lose it. The Peanuts song always has me in hysterics when I watch it.

Changing the subject. Is anyone watching Hollyoaks? Silas! You glorious, elegant killer you. Sad news about another character thought, I hope this isn't a spoiler, but in case it is I shall put it in tags Jamie Lomas who plays Warren Fox has already filmed his last scenes, so we will soon see the last of his character.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

that character has literally already died once and been brought back from the dead

And what an amazing revival it was. I won't have a word said against that storyline.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

ibroxmassive posted:

Caught up with Him and Her season 2 and it's as brilliant as the first series.

I like it, I just wish they'd stop dry humping each other all the time. It's not even funny, it just feels awkward. Like being around some friends that have just started shagging.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
"He's ruined the birthday of a human being."

Him & Her is amazing tonight.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
No Eastenders thread? Shame. Tonight was a cracking episode.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah. They should have mixed it up with scenes of Derek doing Knees Up Mother Brown with Dot in the living room.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Taear posted:

Is nobody watching I'm A Celebrity this year? There doesn't seem to be a thread that I've missed.

I'm finding myself kind of shocked at how much of a horrible oval office Pat Sharpe is. Who knew?

He had a wicked cool mullet and two spunky blonde sisters, take that away and anyone would be miserable.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Fatty posted:

I've been enjoying it, but the number of pieces to camera of the chefs saying "Making it to the next stage would mean everything, I'd be gutted to leave." becomes exasperating. Would love for someone to say "Actually, I dont really care".

Also love the ridiculous number of filler shots of Roux/Wallace grimacing or giving an impish grin.

I love those shots, they're even better in the normal version with Torode and Wallace. I'd love to see someone do a good parody of that, with their facial expressions becoming more and more distorted despite the chefs doing nothing unusual. Mitchell and Webb should do one.

That's a classic clip posted by Irisi. There's a modern version where they also take the piss out of Peter Kay(English comedian with a penchant for nostalgic "Do you remember..." jokes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hK8EbafSlg&feature=related

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Captain Mediocre posted:

iPlayer is starting to get really weird now. I watched the first half of a new programme (QI XL) last night and its already been taken down by this morning. I wish I understood their criteria at all.

Did anyone find out why they never had an episode of Him and Her on there? I think it was episode 4. There was no mention of it on the Him and Her site either. It mentioned episode three as the previous and episode 5 as the next one.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Grez posted:

I really can't understand why anyone would be baffled by the ending (Woody & Lol). The entire point of this series aside from the Shaun sub-plot was establishing that Lol's life had fallen apart without Woody, and that Woody while seemingly having everything going for him was quite clearly going out of his mind without Lol. They are soulmates.

I agree with this. I agree, I can't add anything.

That fight scene was heart wrenching. Out of nowhere, Joe Gilgun had me on the verge of tears. I wasn't even expecting it from the scene, he just loving brought it. And then Andrew Shim. Wow. What a scene. I even clocked the other actors choking up, thats how powerful the performances were on set.

And Vicky McClure's story was just tragic. I really gave up in the end, I thought she was dead and I just accepted it. I'm glad she didn't die.

I loved Smell. When she discovered Shaun and the theater girl. Her silent total and utter devastation during the play was loving astonishing. If you didn't get a lump in your throat during that, you have no heart. And then her superb performance at the party later. Brilliant.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Heads up for anyone who gets BBC America and comes in here for show recommendations. The Fades starts tonight. I saw it on Twitter, so it must be true.

Also this http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-fades/

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Pablo Bluth posted:

Even worse, they've stopped showing the Gilmore Girls on rotation.

Channel 4 axes Gilmore Girls and then gives New Girl a prime time Friday night slot.

Justice! Where are you?

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
New series of Being Human has just started on BBC Three.

Life without Mitchell. :(

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
I don't think we're meant to ask that question as it implies they might be the proceeds of illegal activities. Then you'll be accused of being a racist just like Channel 4.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Watching the Titanic drama on ITV I remembered Linus Roache is in it.

Linus Roache was of course Bruce Wayne's father in Batman Begins.

Do people know just who Linus Roache's father is though?

His father is William Roache. A man who has slept with over a thousand women and who has played the same character, Ken Barlow, in soap opera Coronation Street since 1960. An absolute legend.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
Michelle bladdy Fowler

Poor Wendy Richard would be turning in her grave. She'd never have supported this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

My girlfriend wrote for it and yes it is that heavily scripted, while very few of the guests had a little leeway to improvise is what I remember her telling me last time. Also from her: Jeremy Kyle has "wandering hands" and Steve Coogan goes batshit if you look at him while he's on set

What does she mean be look at him? Obviously some people have to look at him. Does he not like too many people watching him while working?

Reminds me of the bloopers during the chocolate mousse scene in I'm Alan Partridge. Coogan does laugh himself but there's a moment where he seems to get serious and doesn't appreciate the messing up of the scene.