Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
I couldn't rewatch it it was of it's time and was enjoyable seeing it once.

It was written by the same guy who wrote Very Peculiar Practice and the Pride and Prejudice adaptations as well a bunch of other ones. Tipping the Velvet too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

justcola posted:

This week I have been enjoying A History of Horror with Mark Gatiss. You can tell he's quite passionate about the subject with the added bonus that most of the surviving actors from films like Frankenstein are now both scarier and less realistic looking than the monsters in the movies they were in.

He steered away for Bela Lugosi's heroin habit for the first part. And his involvement with Ed Wood at the end of his career. 'Ed Wood' is a Tim Burton film that I really do love. I don't usually like his stuff. Worth watching if you want to find out more about the end of Bela's life.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Get Some In, late seventies comedy about National Service RAF Airmen on YouTube now up to series five.

There is an interview on Youtube with the witer Harlan Ellison back in the 70's where he praises British shows, but was shocked at the level of racism that Get Some In had. He was amazed at the use of the term "Chinky Bint". He said that the UK had some highs and lows but you only see the best stuff imported on PBS. He wrote books about TV called the Glass Teat and a sequel to that that people hail as really good and even prescient about the nature of TV.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

SeanBeansShako posted:

This does not bode well for the Red Dwarf comeback.

I Thought that it was 'Dave' commissioning that.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.
I stopped direct debit on my license. Then I went to the website and registered as a watching i-player on PC, no license from the drop down box. I have now recieved a mildly threatening your aren't licensed letter.

If they come round I will waste their time by asking for a search warrant.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.
I did a double take when I heard something on Eastenders Omnibus just now.

There is this infamous scene from the infamous Tommy Wiseau film 'The Room'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9Ew3TIeVQ

Then there's this bit of Eastenders 2:15 minutes in:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010xwrd/EastEnders_05_05_2011/

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

daveturnip posted:

That is hilarious! Can't believe they slipped that in!

For posterity and for our international friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FN29Zodmc

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

aga. posted:

Am I missing something? Does "You're my favourite customer" really make that a reference to the Room?

When I heard the line "You're my favourite customer" I wasn't watching the TV I only heard it. I then looked up and later saw that he had a bunch of flowers he bought from a flower seller. I then verified it all on iPlayer.

It could be a coincidence, but even if it was it's still a funny one as it mirrors one of the infamous terrible scenes in that film. That line of dialogue stands out for people who have seen that film. That and "You're tearing me apart Lisa!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-04-vDe14w&

FelchTragedy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Stanhope was pretty good too. Like I stated before This Morning seems to getting crazier each time Brooker shows it.

I just watched it.

My mind is blown.

I am related to one of the piss drinkers.

FelchTragedy fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 29, 2014