Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Adrianics posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, Community is apparently (according to the creator) coming to the UK on the 5th of October, he just hasn't said what channel.

I swear on everything I know and love, if this becomes the latest in a long line of awesome American shows that is snapped up by Channel 5 and shown on a sister channel at 3:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, I will break everything. Everything.

(watch community because it is awesome)

danharmon posted:

UK: Oct. 5, Community starts double billin' every tue from 10pm on VIVA. Looks like someone's crown just got a new jewel!
I genuinely don't know what or where VIVA is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

ibroxmassive posted:

Chuckle Brothers has been on TV for 23 years

23 years

loving hell.
Chucklehounds started in 1985. :corsair:

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Hoops posted:

What's wrong with Harry Hill? I think he's great, particularly for what he does. He's the only mainstream entertainer for years who isn't completely shite.

I do think he has a prejudice against fat people though. I think everything I've seen him do has atleast one joke at the expense of someone's weight. TV Burp has loads every episode. I'm nowhere near fat but someone pointed it out to me and you start to notice it more and more.
He was a doctor. They tend to hate fat people.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Dunno if anybody cares but you can buy Friends seasons 1-10 for 20 loving quid on Tesco online.
With 9% quidco.

You'd be annoyed if you bought Frankie Boyle's new DVD after watching that show. He's doing the same jokes.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

thebardyspoon posted:

What's the name of the standup who has really messy mop top hair, big thick glasses and does a standup routine about how he got over his stuttering by tapping out the syllables of words on his thigh? Think Stewart Lee mentioned how good he was during his bit on one of those top 100 comedian things.
Daniel Kitson

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I think the wheelchair girl is actually disabled, so whatever she can do her character can do.

Also:

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
There's a thing about that here:
http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2010/07/28/11445/they_said_i_was_ripping_off_ricky_gervais...

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

I thought I was the only one who watched her shows solely for that possiblity.
I follow her on twitter for exactly that reason. Only happened once so far, but it was totally worth all the lovey-dovey crap with Roy from the IT Crowd.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Fast & Loose was much better then last week, and not just because of Wayne Brady. It's great how they're giving these young female comedians a chance to be on TV, since they're never really allowed on panel shows. (I loved the double speaking bit)

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

dog days are over posted:

I'm turning into a gameshow fan or something, started watching the Million Pound Drop tonight and quite enjoyed playing along, even if some of the questions were just viciously difficult. A question about someone's twitter update on the day of the show? Really?
I hadn't heard that he'd tweeted, but the joke stealing part of that question happened last July and was pretty well known.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
His ideas for the first episode of the Little Chef thing was all his trademark stupid poo poo too: Lancashire hotpot with an oyster surprise, Earl Grey tea-smoked salmon, ham cooked in hay, and ice cream with dry ice. Then he had to start again and produce actual food.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Brown Moses posted:

I remember watching Ghostwatch when it was on originally, it's hard to imagine how scary it was now, you just didn't have anything like that on TV or other media, so you weren't really prepared for it.
Yeah, plus it was Halloween and I was young and home alone :ohdear:

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Yes, use get_iplayer: http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

Run the Web PVR Manager if you don't want to bother with command line stuff.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

marktheando posted:

I wonder if that girl who clearly fancied Louis is one of the ones who broke away.
It's not Jael. She's still cunting it up something crazy: http://twitter.com/jaelphelps

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Doug Naylor needs his old writing partner.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

alexnessie posted:

Right, I've been searching everywhere to find out what on earth this program was called, but all I get back is "Skins" or "Coming of Age", and it's sure as poo poo neither of them.

It was set in a college, most of it took place in one room, rarely venturing out of the room but they did leave it once or twice. I can only remember one character, "Weird Bloke", who turned out to be a girl, and her room had a black door, possibly covered in loads of gothic imagery, and whenever the room was opened there was a creepy viber about the inside.

It aired on BBC (not sure which BBC channel, I only caught it on iPlayer).

Any ideas?
Off the Hook

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I just hate how he constantly reposts poo poo from reddit.

Speaking of twitter: http://twitter.com/InjunctionSuper

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I watched most of the first part and it seemed to be heading towards 'Holy poo poo the council are great value for money'.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Pollyanna tests out a solar iPod dock on the Gadget Show:

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

NaDy posted:

Here's a news article about the crime. Also the first result that comes up on google is his facebook page, surreal.

From his facebook:

"Nianthony is feeling Furious
05 May 2008 at 06:14 via Top Friends"

Yeah, good luck with the temporary insanity plea.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

thebardyspoon posted:

Didn't Johnny Vegas molest a girl on stage at one of Stewart Lee's comedy showcase things?
Not really. But that's what the woman from the Guardian wanted you to think:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/01/gender.comedy

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

LE0N posted:

All in all imagine if ITV did it.
They'd have a Nescafe coffee machine right at the front of stage, and a quiz to win £500 with the answers "A: Ayonce, B: Beyonce, or C: Ceyonce".

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Both posts have been deleted from the look of it. Whagowan ?
I knew they'd do that.

Collins: http://pastebin.com/8ZQU6Czs
Herring: http://pastebin.com/ZTiZhCXD

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Normally they would taken it out with the tongs and passed it directly to the person without touching it. The only reason they did the fake switch was to win a trip to Vegas.

It was the same thing last week with that lovely Victorian mind reading duo.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Akuma posted:

See, knew I wasn't making it up. Live hosts started in 1994, and only during school holidays.
I'm sure they had live hosts all the time for a while. I used to watch it after school.

The studio had a glass wall that you could go and stand behind, but when we went down it was Lucy Alexander so we didn't bother and just left.

Also a few years later, I passed Big Boy Barry from Games World coming out of the arcade bit. He should have been called Morbidly Obese Barry.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

ChuckDHead posted:

They're lovably dense Irish lads with no apparent self-awareness whatsoever or any real capacity for spite (though we'll see what a few weeks in an enclosed space with a bunch of so-called celebrities will do for that). Basically they're a double-act of Father Dougal MacGuire, with even less musical talent.
Eoin McLove, but twice and aimed at horny teenagers.

Celebrity BB was spectacularly bad. The worst "celebrities" by far, no live feed, Brian Dowling sucked, and the whole thing just feels wrong.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
So are the producers keeping Rob in? Because I could bake better then him. And I wouldn't drop the loving cake.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

ChuckDHead posted:

So, is anybody planning on watching This is Jinsy? From the trailers it looks a bit like Little Britain taking place on Balamory or Craggy Island, and it's main selling point seems to be that David Tennant's in it, so I'm not quite sure what to think yet. I'm not exactly hoping for much, though. Sky One's only other new original comedy program (Trollied) is just okay.
I'll try the series, but I really wasn't a fan of the pilot. It was too knowingly "wacky".

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Wormophile posted:

As long as every single celeb is sue perkins I will be cool with this.
Sue Perkins isn't even hosting. :(

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
TV Burp used to be really good, but the last year or so have been awful. I don't think I laughed once yesterday.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
On a related note, the Collings and Herrin podcast is officially dead.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Fatkraken posted:

Does anyone recall the episode of _wipe where Brooker talks about the film Network? I'd like to watch it...
It was his bit on Glenn Beck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEk864YrKw

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Brown Moses posted:

Has Richard Herring done much since the last Herrin and Collings podcast? I really miss As It Occurs to Me, especially Emma Kennedy's various poo based anecdotes. The one about the pea very nearly made me vomit on the bus.
There was another series of Richard Herring's Objective a couple of months ago, which had an amazing episode on disability. Recently he's been doing a podcast of himself playing himself at snooker. It's terrible.

Also, he's getting married in April (and Collings wasn't invited).

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
They had Kerry Ellis - the biggest female star in the West End - audition, none of them turned around or even recognised her at all afterwards. :psyduck:

I have her album and no loving idea who one of the judges is.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Richard Whiteley died then Carol Vorderman got old and crazy.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Wait, what was wrong with Pramface? I thought it was pretty good. Definitely in a different class to the normal BBC three comedies.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

hermand posted:

I've not seen the episode, but to be fair, rule 1 of IT Support is to disregard 99% of what the customer says and assume they're lying. Seriously, they're always lying!
There's lying and there's making sure the person has to be clairvoyant to diagnose the 'fault'. I don't think I would have fixed that on site, or if I did I would have then spent five minutes shouting at the person.

Brendon won't win, Paul doesn't like him.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Who was the woman playing Betty Shitpeas? I've not seen her before and she was hilarious.
Diane Morgan. She had a small role in Him and Her, plus she is in a sketch comedy duo with Joe Wilkinson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5MQ6_O8deU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

sex pervert posted:

Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys, The Wright Stuff. They are all worse than When The Whistle Blows, Ricky Gervais's over the top poo poo sitcom in Extras.

Such sophisticated character development in this show. The main character's first interaction went like this "*stands with hands on hips, rolling eyes*: OH, HELLO, YOU! MY DAUGHTER! WHO IS A LESBIAN!"
Oh, it was worse than that: "What's the point of being a lesbian if you continue to act like a normal woman?"

The blonde girl is played by Jennifer Saunders and Ade Edmondson's daughter. They must be so proud.