Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Adrianics posted:

:siren: Never Mind The Buzzcocks starts this Thursday at 10 on BBC 2 :siren:

HOLY SHITDICKING CHRIST

It's a shame they're going with guest hosts again, but on the other hand, who could take over really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Nope sorry I wanna see some indie twerp and a day time tv nobody pick people out of line-ups forever.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

No, you are wrong. There are only two comedians on Mock the Week who are so funny that they occasionally tell a joke that brings the show to a halt because everyone has to stop laughing first. Frankie Boyle is one, Stewart Francis is the other. Sometimes they can see things that are genuinely funny, rather than things that you recognize as something a comedian would say and therefore laugh at.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

:siren: BNP voting bloc spotted :siren:

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

nationalista posted:

I thought the media was mostly ironically supported them, in a "haha they don't realise we're taking the piss out of them!" sort of way.

Yeah, and it's really really funny (skip to 1:04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuEqimyizd0

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

David Mitchell has never been on Never mind the buzzcocks. Paul Foot probably came closest.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Jimmy Carr is funny though.

Hahaha. Guess who writes a lot of Jimmy Carr's material!

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

A5H posted:

Who?

Frankie Boyle!

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Brokyn posted:

QI :allears:

This week's episode will be on Christmas Eve, have Danny Radcliffe as a panelist, and here's a preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipLcrPmPOQ

Too bad I'll have to wait an extra day or two to see it :qq:

Ah, I see someone else took note of the Chris Addison/Andy Parsons School of Fashion. Wanna see that chest hair boooooooyyy

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Lol Lee Mack is goddamn retarded

Also, surprisingly, Daniel Radcliffe knows a lot of things!

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Irisi posted:

terrible bisected vaginas

I have no idea what this is but am now imagining a Phillips-head penis. Thanks, guy.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Jedward, feminist scholar

edit: "It's like going to the toilet or something"

reflir fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 5, 2011

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

I'm incapable of listening to serious british voices narrating something without expecting a massive satirical twist in the very next sentence and it never comes

Red nose day more like blue balls day

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

QI is such an awesome show, this fake-out trolling owns

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Noooooo, no dappy!! :(

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

fuf posted:

Maybe an easier way to list recommendations would be to say "if you like comedy X, then you will probably like comedies Y and Z."

This is just as terrible because it leads to chains that will eventually link Stewart Lee to Michael McIntyre

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Kin posted:

How Can I. Get Even. Worse. Surely. It's All Down To. The lovely Audience. Just. Laughing At. Everything I Say. I Blame Them. Because. My lovely Schtick. Hasn't Changed In Years!

Now. :shepface:

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Crackerman posted:

I'm positive I've seen him on there making GBS threads it up in the past.

No that was Lee Mack

edit: gently caress, he was in 'Death' apparently.

reflir fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 11, 2011

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Wikipedia posted:

In an interview with the Radio Times regarding the current state of the BBC, Stephen Fry revealed one of the regular panelists insists on seeing the questions before they appear in the show. He said in the interview:

"There's only one regular guest who always insists on seeing the questions beforehand and prepares for them. I won't tell you his or her name," he said. "It really annoys me. In fact, one day, I'll make sure that person is given a list from another programme because they don't need them."[26][27]

Following this comment people asked Fry to come out and say who it was, with several people posting their suggestions as to who it was. Fry later posted on his Twitter account that it was neither Davies nor Rob Brydon.[28]

I really wonder who it is now. The wiki also has a list of regular guests, but none of them seem more likely than the others. I can't believe it's David Mitchell or Dara O Briain though, that'd just be weird

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

I'm thinking it's Jo Brand now. There's this episode in one of the early series where completely out of the blue she goes "I don't understand the works of Jacques Derrida!" which in itself is not that strange because literally no-one does. What makes me think she's insecure about her intelligence though is both that she brings this up completely out of context in a sort of double bluff ("I don't get it, but I'm still smart!") and the fact that she's reading Derrida in the first place, which you don't do unless you have a boner for literary criticism, Franco-Russian neo-Hegelianism (if there are more than three people in the entire world who study Derrida because they're interested in Kojeve it'd be pushing it) OR you want to appear intelligent because he has a reputation for utter incomprehensibility. She's also on the show a lot and seems to actually care when she does terribly (though that may be me being an unreliable retrospecting witness).

So yes, Jo Brand.

ps I am aware of the meta-textual aspects of this post

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Jawidar posted:

Who the gently caress would use a company that has txtspk in its name? Do they end every communication with LOL >_< ?

The kind of people who require the services of the 21st century version of an ambulance chaser?

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

:siren: :tinfoil: SUPERINJUNCTIONS :tinfoil: :siren:

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Per posted:

I'm not overly familiar with Jedward (not British/Irish). What exactly is their act/desired public image (other than annoying of course)?

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0Cfjjhkwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Ventriloquist Nina Conti, last seen here with the entire thread wishing she'd die mid-QI,

Her and Ruby Wax. Holy god drat. Lee Mack doesn't even hold a candle to that poo poo.