Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'll miss Spooks. It peaked a few seasons ago but I still liked it, I hope something similar gets made.

Zaf's death was the one I always felt bad about. Kidnapped in episode 1 of a season, barely got a passing mention throughout, and then at the end of the season... oh yeah he was tortured for months and slowly died, storyline over, tune in next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wafflecop posted:

I thought tonight's Life's Too Short was absolutely brilliant. Best thing Ricky Gervais has ever done imo. Warwick Davis owns, the results of the youtube comments and the extras bit were awful (in a good way). I like how this show is just Extras but centred around the complete humiliation of the Warwick Davis character. It's nasty as hell but I like it.

I think it's pretty bad to be honest. I've got the same problem with it that I've got with the US version of The Office - it's supposed to be a fake/parody documentary style, but all pretence is lost straight away because the scenarios are so outrageous. It's like they've thrown together The Office and Extras (with Davis straight up playing David Brent), and watched a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm at the same time, and disregarded that they're different types of comedy, and what made The Office work is different to what makes something like Curb Your Enthusiasm work. Also, let's be honest, it seems like a lot of it is lifted straight out of Extras and The Office.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He used to be, he doesn't drink anymore. He has strong opinions about alcohol when it suits him. There was that thing a while back where Mark Watson made a post on his blog mentioning Boyle arguing with the mother of a child with Down's Syndrome, Boyle saw it months later and replied with something about Watson being a sellout, and selling alcohol to teenagers in a "country of alcoholics". That's Frankie Boyle, star of Tramadol Nights sponsored by Fosters, author of a column in The Sun.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

While you lot were watching lovely chavsploitation on c4 I was not watching BBC2's The Fall, the only scandi-inspired murder show that's fronted by Mark E. Smith. Or so I assume.

Yeah I watched The Fall. Usual kind of thing for the genre, but alright I thought. Amusing that they had to include a line about the killer being non religious and of Jewish heritage and therefore there is NOTHING sectarian about this.