Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Just watched Four Lions (bit late I know..)

What a brilliant movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

Digital skateboard turd spliff text trilby swearing indie-rock community police ponce pub lady.

I miss A&J :(

I loved The Trip, but then again there's nothing more enjoyable to me than 2 comedians bantering back and forth about nothing.

Has any one been keeping up with AIOTM? It's been brilliant recently, but wouldn't make any sense unless you've listened to all previous & the Collings and Herrin podcast...

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Episode 2 of Partridge works abroad. Can't seem to find one for ep 1 though :(

Edit - "Simon Le Bon, which is actually French for Simon The Good"

Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 13, 2010

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

"This video contains content from Fosters, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :(

I'm in Australia. Thanks Fosters.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

Does anyone in Australia actually drink Fosters?

I've been here for a few years now and literally haven't seen it any where. No one seems to drink it, and if you mention it you pretty much get laughed at.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I just caught a random episode of Being Human on telly (I'm in Australia) and loving hell it was good. Had that sort of Misfits vibe. Intriguing, quite gritty but occasionally laugh out loud funny with likable characters. Definitely going to get on that. Ep I just saw (absolutely no idea what's going on obviously) had the main bloke going mental because he wanted to watch Ultimate Hustle but it wasn't on.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Being Human (not really spoilers but might be annoying to people who haven't seen series 1 yet)

I'm watching Being Human and can someone tell me, not what was said, but if we ever find out what Annie whispered to Owen in s01e05 when he comes over and she says (something along the lines of) 'I'll tell you something only the dead know' then whispers something into his ear. Then George asks what it was and Mitchell gives her that 'don't you loving tell him' glare

I don't think I want to know what was said (no spoilers plz) but I just want to know if it's ever acknowledged or anything because it's doing my head in. :(

Amazing show though. Best thing I've seen in years.

Annie: I'm a ghost actually.
Seth: Get out! Can you like move things about and walk from one room to another?
George: Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone can do that.
Seth: Shut it, Digby! The only reason why I haven't torn your bastard face off yet is because I've just done the hoovering in here.

Gutted Seth got a stake in the back :( He was hilarious.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Excellent! This is my first viewing (just finished ep5 last night) so looks like I chose a good time to become obsessed. :) Just can't get over how brilliant it is.

I thought Annie looked familiar. She was in that Sugar Rush show on Channel 4, years back. Used to quite enjoy that as a young male stuck at a single sex school...

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Should've got Andy Zaltzman.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Ddraig posted:

I genuinely think that Richard Herring has ceased to act insane as part of his act and has actually become insane.

Watch the latest video episode of AIOTM to see this in action.

e: Here it is. Warning: Probably not anything safe.

My god. I didn't think he'd actually do it...

The last couple eps of AIOTM (aiotm) have been superb.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I watched the first episode of Him & Her last night, and loved it :) Going to marathon the poo poo out of it after work!

'are you enjoying that toast?'
'mmm, yes'
'good. i'm glad you're enjoying that toast'

Has any one listened to Richard Herring's new snooker podcast? It might be the most tragic/brilliant thing ever. He genuinely sounds about 12 years old.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Since we're going through the ol' recommendation phase, can any one recommend me some audio comedy to listen to at work? My PC shat itself the other week so I'm down to bare bones.

I've listened to (multiple times) and absolutely loved - Gervais/XFM stuff, Iannucci stuff, Collings & Herrin, Peacock & Gamble, Bugle, Milton Jones stuff, So Right It's Wrong, Mitchell & Webb, Boosh.. I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten.

Anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated :)

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

The last 2 eps of Being Human were really good :) I can't wait for the next series. The 'Old Ones' were a bit underwhelming though, but yeah it would be nice to see the spotlight taken off of the Vampires for a while. I'm very curious about those last few minutes and how this new 'group' will play out.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I really liked Derek. :) Bit of a tearjerker already :(

Feels much more The Office and less Life's Too Short.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Not really telly talk but loving hell the Alan Partridge autobiography is literally the funniest thing ever. I now have to go and relisten/watch everything Partridge related in chronological order and then do the book again.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Haha, that's fantastic.

I really liked Paul Merton's old sketch show. Rewatched it recently and it was still very funny.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

hairrorist posted:

So I watched Being Human up to Werewolf Jesus.

That plot officially erases everything that I liked about the show. I'll spend the rest of my life trying to forgive myself for recommending it to a friend.

The last few episodes are really good and undo how poo poo most of the final series is, setting up the next one really nicely. :)

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

The radio show was great.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

You'll love Being Human. It's similar to Misfits being funny and having a quirky story you don't have to take too seriously, about a werewolf vampire and ghost that live together. Make sure you watch the UK one not the US remake. :)

If you like The Inbetweeners you're bound to love Peep Show, and well pretty much any english comedy that Linehan & Matthews, Bain & Armstrong, Morris and/or Iannucci worked on. 15 Storeys High is very 'english' if that makes any sense whatsoever, and generally considered one of the best comedy shows of recent time.

For more drama based stuff Luther and The Shadow Line are both great.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I used to watch RI:SE before school, it was very funny for early morning. I seem to remember being a bit in love with a sexy newsreader on there...

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Drunk Badger posted:

I've only watched 2 minutes so far and I love this show. Thank god they made more than 10 episodes :toot:

It gets better and better, IMO the later seasons are the best.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I wish you could buy Eggheads on DVD.

Has any one played the Eggheads interactive game and if so is it good.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Captain Mediocre posted:

I've played one in the pub, dunno if its the same thing, and its total wank. You have to pick an Egghead to compete against in certain categories but it seems to have minimal effect on the (already low) base % chance that your AI opponent gets an answer wrong.

That's a shame :( I love Eggheads. My favourite is Barry.

I've probably seen about 30 episodes so far and I don't think I've seen a single person on there that isn't white.

Jeremy Vine tried to tell one of his brother's jokes (the one about someone telling the doctor they feel like Tom Jones / it's not unusual) on the one I watched last night and hosed it up completely.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

There's too many knob gags and Alan Davies just does the same poo poo every episode. The quality, much like every panel show, really depends on the guests.

Edit - not so much knob gags as just childish ohh someone said something that might be misinterpreted as a bit naughty.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

onoflalks posted:

What will enrage the Express more though, that or this (which has already pissed off the Mail)?

I just came here to post that link. I've never seen Full English but it looks like the least funny thing ever. I mean a loving sketch about Diana and Jade Goody...when was it written? Unbelievable.

And apparently it has voiceovers by Richard Ayoade, Kayvan Novak and Daisy Haggard, who are all quite decent. Is it all as poo poo as that clip?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I met Hannah from S Club 7 once and she was so lovely :(

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but how would one watch something on 4OD if they don't live in England? I want to watch that Brian Gittins thing.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4funnies/episode-guide/series-3/episode-1

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Yeah, that's how I've seen it before too. It's fake but I wonder who wrote it and if they knew anything

Didn't it originate from SOTCAA. I've heard Saville paedo references in a lot of comedy over the years, it did seem to be common knowledge that he was up to something sinister :(

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

It was a weird series. No baby, Sarah having a toddler, Mark and Jeremy switching personalities at will, almost no Johnson, Super Hans felt like a different character. Dobby is so different to the awkward IT girl Mark fell for during the Sophie era.

I dunno it all just felt lazy. 50 shades references and stuff, almost as if fans thought hey we could write Peep Show episodes. Just felt repetitive, going through the motions, a filler series disconnected to anything else and stuff like the return of Andy the decorator and Gail was a bit odd and forced. Who gives a poo poo about Gail any more?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Spalec posted:

Is he the one who always give the ~*~wacky and random~*~ answers? He's terrible.

Basically yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmNTtJ-OPI

The Boosh radio show is good but I don't get any laughs out of their telly stuff any more, and that Luxury Comedy poo poo he did is the worst random monkey cheese completely missing the point of surreal humour pile of shite ever.

The Mitchell & Webb Book (which isn't great) has a few pages dedicated to people whose aunties might have brought them it by mistake instead of the Boosh book, and do a pretty good pisstake of Boosh humour. It's about the best part of the book.

At least Julian Barrett did Nathan Barley.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Furret Basket posted:

Gerry Anderson has died.

I'm sure he defined a lot of our childhoods. Most notably being Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and Space:1999. :( drat.

drat I used to love Space Precinct. :(

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

With all the This Is England talk I finally got around to watching the film tonight and :stare: Milky :stare:

Brilliant though, can't wait to get stuck into '86 and '88 now.

Nice to see the table tennis/pony owning fella off of 15 Storeys High.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Taff posted:

Utopia

This looks very cool. I recognised Curtis from off of Misfits, Jamie from out of Thick of It, one of the blokes from Four Lions and Tyres from Spaced, and a few other familiar faces. Sounds very intriguing and early reviews say it's got that typical dark Misfits/Being Human type vibe with black humour.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Resonance posted:

drat, apparently Tarantino just went nuts on C4 news and I missed it.

e: oh wait it's here http://www.channel4.com/news/quentin-tarantino-im-shutting-your-butt-down

God what a giant baby. Imagine if that was a Paxman interview.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I hate waiting a week for more Utopia! I love it it's like a cross between The Shadow Line and Jam.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

reality_groove posted:

The first four minutes of ep 3 of Utopia are going to be the most talked about 4 minutes of TV this year. Trust.

You cocktease :(

I'm just watching This Is England '88. I'm so happy Alex Macqueen (Julius Nicholson) is in it, bloody love that guy.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Lemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4znpOdPRrg

The only time ventriloquism has been funny.

Joe Beazley was pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6oajPBSnO8

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

I just watched the new episode of the new series of Being Human. It was really good! Loving the new storylines and I think the new 'group' have a great chemistry.

Such a fun show.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

So excited for the movie. The I, Partridge audiobook is pretty much the greatest comedy thing ever.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

Doesn't anyone watch Being Human any more or is there a thread for it I missed.

It was so good and now it's over :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Its pretty drat good. Though cant see how a militia called the HVF would be tolerated by the government though, not 4 years after the end of the zombie uprising and rule put back into place.
They would have been asked to disarm or join the army surely, not allowed to rule over a lovely town.

They mentioned when that MP was there that the army didn't arrive and there was no help, so I'm guessing its got to the point where they want them to disarm, but don't want to upset the locals and aren't in a position to demand that. Plus the HVF seems to consist of a few people, I doubt they're a huge problem cus it's not as if they're in Central London. There's probably militias in other places, the war ends and it's too big a job to force them all to stand down.