Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«160 »
No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

We thought he was just here to sell us crap, but then he blushed, and we knew everything would work out.

Mr Chips posted:

cool, i'll try and come up with recipie for you. Presumably the Intel compiler kit for the Phi includes mpicc and mpirun? I've only ever used the openMPI toolkit for this, to build x86_64 binaries.

edit: going by this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/ar...pi-on-xeon-phi, it doesn't look like too much of a deviation from what I've done in the past..

I do not have the Intel compiler available. I only have the MPSS GCC installed, in addition to the host's GCC compiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

No Gravitas posted:

I do not have the Intel compiler available. I only have the MPSS GCC installed, in addition to the host's GCC compiler.

Ahhh...it might be a bit of a wild goose chase if we don't have the Intel MPI dev tools for Phi.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

We thought he was just here to sell us crap, but then he blushed, and we knew everything would work out.

Mr Chips posted:

Ahhh...it might be a bit of a wild goose chase if we don't have the Intel MPI dev tools for Phi.

Yup, I think so. Sadly, those don't grow on trees and I already tried to source them fruitlessly twice in the past few weeks. (I will earn money on the Phi, so I cannot just get a free/student license. My school was not helpful either.)

If you do get a binary generated, I will be more than happy to take it for a spin and see how well it runs.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

no worries, will see if I can get something from Intel, but I'm not working with the HPC team any more

«160 »