So, I have a dilemma and I was hoping that I get the answer here.
I have ordered a new gaming pc for my self. I got the 2600K processor in it as advised by many people.
But now all the other parts of the system have arrived except that processor. It shows 3-6 weeks until they get more of those.
Do I shoot my self in the leg, if I change that processor to model 2600 without the K. That would be available now.
Also how much does the CL number affect the performance of the system in memory modules?
|# ¿ Jan 12, 2011 13:04|
|# ¿ May 24, 2013 08:22|
Ok, one more stupid question regarding my quest to get Sandy Bridge. Sorry if this goes little offtopic.
Can I fit this
Soundblaster X-Fi PCI-E 1x Card
And still have room for a big Graphics Card like GTX580
These new motherboards have allkinds of slots I have never seen before. I really need to study my self up to speed with these.
|# ¿ Jan 13, 2011 07:23|
For boot issues:
Also remove the battery from the board to ensure full reset.
There was a discussion about this in Asus support forums and they explained that some memory related thing wasn't getting reseted with only the jumper switch.
Updated Clear RTC RAM procedure
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the battery from the motherboard.
3. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-4 for about 5–10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
5. Put the battery back to the board.
6. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
7. Hold down the "Del" key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.
|# ¿ Jan 17, 2011 08:53|