Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snoring
Oct 21, 2008
Great! So I'm assuming this will probably affect my brand new P8P67 Pro, right?

e: After further research, it seems that it'll affect this board. And the last thing I wanted to do was endure the noise my processor made when clamping it into the mobo again. That poo poo is awful.

Snoring fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snoring
Oct 21, 2008

HKR posted:

Oh god drat it I did not want to take this computer apart for at least three years.

I hope companies are smart enough to send you the replacement board first because I'm not waiting for shipping to have a running computer.
Yeah same here. Anyone know what the return process might be like for a thing like this? I'd rather not be without a motherboard for the several weeks I'd bet it'll take to get a new one.

Snoring
Oct 21, 2008

zachol posted:

So can this damage the hard disk itself?
Should I open my computer up right now and switch it to an unaffected 6 Gps port, or can I just wait a while, until either there's a recall or I start seeing weird stuff?
It won't hurt your hard disks or whatever else is connected to those particular ports. The connection may go bad after awhile but you shouldn't fear any data loss.