Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
Could somebody break down for me what VT-d and TXT are and how they affect system performance? I've tried looking it up for myself but the amount of jargon is enough to make a legislator blush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004

Nonpython posted:

That works out well. I am getting a new computer around xmas.

Pardon my ignorance, but overclocking affects all the cores, not just Turbo Mode, right?

All but one core.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004

strategery posted:

So in what instance is the i7 Sandy a better choice than the i5? In the building thread, it seems to be a consensus that (for gaming at least) there is no real reason to get an i7.

Video rendering and compression, science simulations, other poo poo you don't do.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
Is 650 watts enough to overclock a SLi gtx 460 and i5 2500k? Also only have 1 HD, 1 optical and a couple of case fans (I imagine these things are near negligible).

edit: oh my, I'm sorry, wrong thread.

horribleslob fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 10, 2011