Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Kaboobi posted:

Oh hey the Roulette Stars digital downloads are out and it includes my dumb cover (which won't be in the film itself cause of legal things)

https://t.co/Rgh5hqhz9R

Nice choice Kaboobi, works great with Valentine's vocals.
You went for Maneater as well, right? That was great as well, been on my main rotation since it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Smoky Bandana posted:

Nice choice Kaboobi, works great with Valentine's vocals.
You went for Maneater as well, right? That was great as well, been on my main rotation since it came out.

Yeah, as well as Turn Me Loose.
There's rumblings of another kickstarter launching in September too...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kaboobi posted:

Oh hey the Roulette Stars digital downloads are out and it includes my dumb cover (which won't be in the film itself cause of legal things)

https://t.co/Rgh5hqhz9R
Yeah I downloaded all these last night and listened to it today. This is a drat good cover.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
New album, Oct 7th, called Fresh Blood for Tired Vampyres.

1. Acid Reducer
2. Number of The Beast
3. Mood Is Improving
4. I'll Be In Touch
5. Lottery Reptiles
6. Dance WIth Dark Forces
7. Skin Caboose
8. My Dreams
9. Greener Pastures
10. I Got The Box
11. Lee Did This To Me
12. The Lover's Pie
13. Space Walkin'

Also, doubling the love of that Obsession cover. That could have jumped onto any recent album and instantly improved its quality.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can't wait.
Hopefully this one will be one of the better ones.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The last couple of albums have been good but unremarkable, hopefully this will be a bit more interesting?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Electric Six on a booze cruise: good idea, great idea, or don't bother? That's the venue that they're playing at when they come to NYC. Or I can just catch them when they play in Jersey City.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I haven't done it years, but when I did it was fun. Someone post the E6 chart.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Y-Hat posted:

Electric Six on a booze cruise: good idea, great idea, or don't bother? That's the venue that they're playing at when they come to NYC. Or I can just catch them when they play in Jersey City.

Yeah, do it. I've gone to the boat show in Boston for the the last few years and they've all been great.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

10th anniversary Boston Harbor Electric Six boat cruise tonight. My favorite night of the year.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/electricsixofficial/app/2405167945/
Number of the Beast and I'll Be In Touch are on Electric 6's facebook now.

Number of the beast is better than all Human Zoo and Bitch don't let me die combined, it's so loving good. I can't wait for this!!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Spergminer posted:

https://www.facebook.com/electricsixofficial/app/2405167945/
Number of the Beast and I'll Be In Touch are on Electric 6's facebook now.

Those are...pretty good? Looking forward to the whole thing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That's some jam right there!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Sounds like heartbeats and brainwaves, which turned me off at first but ended up loving, I am excited for the rest.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The KS just went live for the new 2-disc set. One disc will be covers like Mimicry, one will be a live album at Oxford Academy.

I gotta say, I am extremely tempted by the karaoke set at the $80 level but idk how receptive the local places would be to me handing them a disc on karaoke night. Also tempted by the stock advice reward level but if their first piece of advice isn't "don't throw $100 for stock advice at people who don't know anything about stocks" I'd be very disappointed.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They quickly upped the choose a covers to 5 after the first 3 sold out within an hour. :getin:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

They quickly upped the choose a covers to 5 after the first 3 sold out within an hour. :getin:

omg I love their covers, this is exciting news. I hope someone also chooses the E6 remix reward level. That sounds potentially really cool as well (I enjoyed some of the alternate takes on Memories)

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
So I went to the show last night and it was great. I hadn't seen them since the Absolute Treasure show, so it was nice to hear some of the songs from the last two albums that came out since then. A highlight was they played Improper Dancing up until the STOP, went directly into (Who the Hell Just) Call my Phone and played that in it's entirety, then finished Improper Dancing. Also getting to hear them do Cat People live was nice too. This was the fourth time I've seen them so the rest of the set I've heard before, but they kicked rear end as usual.

Also got a copy of the new album. Only half way through so far, but it's already better than Bitch, Don't Let Me Die by a fair amount.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Album is out now, and I'm really surprised by how much I like it. A few duds, but mostly just from Dick yelping when I wish he would play it a bit cooler. Overall leagues better than BDLMD and a really solid album.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm more than a little pissed at myself for forgetting they were here in DC last weekend. It's always such a drat good show.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The new album is better than BDLMD, despite being really samey in the middle. The first songs and the final songs are all good. I still think Number of the beast is the best song, it reminds me of Heartbeats and Brainwaves.
I'm still not sure if this one is like KILL where a few relistens makes me appreciate and actually like the album, or if it's like Human Zoo where there's one fantastic song and a bunch of bad ones.

There's no new Gay Bar or Hello! I see you on this album, though.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Haven't heard the whole album yet, but I really like Mood is Improving. Just feels like it subtly builds until it's totally jubilant by the end. The songs I've heard so far are more low-key than I've come to expect, but they do catch on after a couple listens.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003
"Mood is Improving" is great, and "My Dreams" is working its way into my brain in the way "Interchangeable Knife" or "Food Dog" did.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The new album's good and has a few catchy songs, but it doesn't sound much better than BDLMD. I thought it was just because I was playing it on my bluetooth speaker, but no, I put on my headphones and it doesn't sound great. The percussion and synth are totally drowning out Valentine in some of the songs like Lottery Reptiles or The Number of the Beast and the whole thing sounds muddy and confusing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Something is really wrong with whoever has been mixing songs in their latest albums.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
Are they running out of money? Do we need a Kickstarter for them to buy some new equipment? I think, listening on my Sonos, that this album is slightly better than the last but it's still beginning to dip into a low-rent garage band sound, which isn't a compliment.

And that's a shame because if the production of I Will Exterminate... was on this album, it would sound drat good! The music is absolutely there, the best since H&B, if not better as a complete package. With better mixing and a fuller sound as opposed to a lounge singer band, I'd already have this in the - dare I say - mid to top half of my E6 album ratings.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So, uh, they forgot to play my kickstarter song during the Boston show, and immediately remembered AFTER the show and ran out to apologize saying they'd make it up to me. I said it wasn't a huge deal, and just make it up for me the next time they're around.

A few days later, they offered to fly me to Chicago and put me up for the night on their dime, which is way above and beyond anything they had to do.

So, uh, here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXRlGyP-jeQ

He only forgot a few of the words, which isn't bad for a cover they'll never play again.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

merry thanksgiving one and all

https://youtube.com/watch?v=94YQnKfTMOo

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Whoever it was that started singing in a terrible off-key falsetto when Dick got to the first chorus ought to be kicked to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Saw them live in York last Tuesday, extremely loud and very fun but there seemed to be an awful lot of single middle aged men who stood around nodding along instead of dancing, which is heartbreaking because if you can't cut loose at an electric six gig then where can you cut loose cmon guys

• Locked thread