Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
It cannot be stressed enough that they are amazing live. I will be seeing them for the third time this November here in Minneapolis. They love playing First Avenue here and we love them playing here so its a win-win situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Saw them last night in Minneapolis for the 4th time. It was probably the best set-list out of all the shows I've seen and the couple new songs they played sounded great. The crowd was not as fun as other shows, with more mosh pit pushing and shoving instead of dancing which is always more fun. Oh well there is always next year to have a good crowd.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Well I love some songs on Flashy but I'm going to switch it up and list my favorite song from each album.

Fire - Improper Dancing
Senor Smoke - Jimmy Carter or if you count 2 songs Pleasing Interlude 1 into Dance Epidemic is pretty incredible.
Switzerland - I Buy The Drugs (My least favorite album)
Exterminate - Dance Pattern
Flashy - We Were Witchy Witchy White Women (Maybe my favorite E6 song)
Kill - Escape from Ohio
Zodiac - After Hours

Haven't given the new one a full listen yet.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
I am so excited for this, especially since I have seen E6 at First Avenue 4 times now, have tickets to see them in Madison in March. Now this I get to see them play Fire and another set recorded for a live album? I love this band so much.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

dxt posted:

Just bought my ticket for the Minneapolis show. May 11th can't come soon enough.

I will see you there! I should be with a group of about 8 others. All are converts after seeing Electric Six live once.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
The live album recording last night in Minneapolis was absolutely amazing. Got a signed poster (12/20) and a setlist from the Fire set. There was a group of 14 of us together, but it basically turned into a huge dance circle with about half of us. I can't wait for the album to come out.

Rough version of the setlist that I could remember.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/electric-six/2012/first-avenue-minneapolis-mn-7bdfaa58.html

Harry Privates fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 12, 2012

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
They had mentioned at First Avenue they would be back in the fall. Also I really hope this live album comes out on vinyl.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
The cover is amazing, that is the load-in guy from First Avenue!

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Anyone going to a show this fall in the States? I was wondering if someone could pick me up a copy or two of the live album on vinyl. I went to the live taping in Minneapolis but they aren't coming here til next year apparently so I'm afraid the record will run out By then (its limited). If there was ever a record I had to own it would be this.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

So no vinyl release for Absolute Pleasure? :(

e: There was a vinyl release for Zodiac? :aaaaa:

There is for Absolute Pleasure. Will be on sale during tour dates.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

:siren: I will reward the person who will get a copy for me handsomely! :siren:

Seriously, I won't be able to go. So if anyone feels like helping a fan out, please.

Same here, I don't want this to be sold out by the time they get to Minneapolis next spring. Considering I was at the live recording for the album it is a must have for me.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Erdnase posted:

The live shows are awesome and could charge double and still be worth it.

The guys are real chill and talk with everyone afterwards. Dick did that staring thing at me during the gay bar solo, it was really unnerving but awesome at the same time.

I've seen them 6 times now and haven't ever gotten to talk with them. But the venue they play in Minneapolis is like a 1500 person venue so pretty big for them I think.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Some rear end in a top hat on eBay bought like half a dozen of the Absolute Pleasure vinyl and is selling them for ridiculous prices, one by one.

I just want one for keeps, dammit :(

She actually bought more than that. She's on the electric six fan group on Facebook and picked up 2 copies for a friend and I at cost. These are just extras she had from people who decided not to buy on from her.

Seeing them in March and if you still need a copy then and if they have them I could help you out.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
My improper dancing story was they were playing here in Minneapolis and had gotten a star on the wall outside the venue "kind of a big deal". During the stop/continue part they had everyone go outside and look at the new star with their name on it. Then came back in and finished the song.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Go alone you won't regret it.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
I didn't really get Andy D when he opened for E6, it felt too gimmicky to me.

I've seen them like 8 or 9 times now and they always have great openers (Bang Camaro, Gay Blades, Mark Mallman all stand out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

dxt posted:

Thanks for posting those covers, now I need to hear them all.

Seeing Electric Six in Minneapolis tonight, then driving out to Madison to see them tomorrow. So stoked.

Saw them in Minneapolis as well last night and now I'm in Madison. Enjoy the show!

• Locked thread