Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Seeing them tonight for like the dozenth time, hell yeah.

I LOVE their first 4 albums, Flashy is okay (though the songs sound far better live), thought Kill sucked outside of like 2 tracks, while Zodiac so far is somewhere between the awesomeness of their first 4 and Flashy. We'll see how it plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Question for anyone that's seen them live recently. Have they been playing anything off Zodiac at their recent shows? I'd kill to see them to the Rubberband Man cover live next week in Nashville (or failing that, have Dick put on the mustache and suspenders and pull out Radio Ga Ga).

They played It Ain't Punk Rock, Jam it in the Hole, and Rubberband Man at the show in Boston a couple weeks ago. Maybe another one, I forget I was drunk and also being moshed to death (in a good way).

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

emoltra posted:

There are a noticeably large amount of goony sperg types that go to Electric Six. I don't know why, maybe it's because they got popular on the internet first or something. It's like the Electric Six show is the only reason they've ever come out of their mom's basement and they have no idea how to behave at a social function like a show. One neckbeard's idea of dancing was jumping up and down in the air, doing something with his knees so he'd stomp upon landing. It was really funny at first, but it got old. There's at least one guy like that at every E6 show, without fail. I go to other bands' shows pretty often and I've never seen this happen anywhere else.

The last couple times they've played at the Middle East in Cambridge there has been like 5 super spergin douches who don't realize what they're doing is awful as they hump someone in the back and start kicking people and throw beer everywhere. Once some tiny 5 foot tall chick got tired of one of them and just turned around and started punching him in the face after telling him to cut it out multiple times.

Comparatively, the last few shows they've played on a boat have had awesome crowds without massive douches. Just kinda a uniform movement wave through the crowd. I even made beer runs in the middle of the set and the crowd even parted so I could deliver them to my friends near the front. Good times.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

5 new songs: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Electric-6/154062438761

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If anyone doesn't think KILL is their worst album they're doing it wrong.
Zodiac was a masterpiece compared to that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh god don't make me do this I guess I can do top 2

Fire - Gay Bar, Synthesizer
Senor Smoke - Dance Epidemic, Jimmy Carter
Switzerland - I Buy the Drugs, Night Vision
I Shall Destroy - Dance Pattern, Down at Mcdonnelzzz
Flashy - We Were Witchy Witchy White Women, Gay Bar Part Two
KILL - Escape from Ohio, Newark Airport Boogie
Zodiac - Clusterfuck!, American Cheese

I'd probably be able to name other 2 off of each one I love, but hey.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The Middle East downstairs in Cambridge, MA was pretty packed, it's a 550 capacity place (I think) and there were at least 400 people in there.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

:siren::siren::siren: BOAT SHOWS FOR BOSTON AND NEW YORK CITY ANNOUNCED :siren::siren::siren:

July 19th in NYC, 20th in Boston.

Check out https://www.electricsix.com for tickets.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I pledged for a cover song.
I am bad with money.

The first things that popped into my head were "Maneater" or "Private Eyes", but I'm gonna decide with my friends and they'll probably chip in a few bucks each at least.

(if anyone else wants to chip in some money too after we decide on a song that would also be nice but I'm not holding my breath)

:ohdear:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

It looks like there's almost no way they won't hit the kickstarter goal at this point, which is nice.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

MUSTANG
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151659283383762

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They just updated their Facebook bio, as well.

"The wild horse. We romanticize this magnificent creature and rightly so. We marvel at the horse that dares to run free through mountain streams and mountain poo poo, forging his own path, blazing his own trails. We marvel at his dangerously high sperm count and his ability to mount and gently caress. We know he spends his downtime whinnying in delight that he is never going to spend his life partially encased in leather, serving no other function than to trot slowly with his head hanging down miserably alongside other poor souls just like him as they carry a field trip of fourth graders from the suburbs who crack themselves up whenever he sports an uncontrollable erection. The wild horse…gets hard whenever he wants. And nobody laughs. And he loves that about himself.

The American male needs to feel like a wild horse from time to time. Electric Six is a band from Detroit comprised of six American males. The American male, upon birth, is issued three Wild Horse Cards™ from the United States Department of Agriculture and he can play this card at any point in his life when he needs to feel like a wild horse for a year. 2013 is the year that all six members of Electric Six are electing to play one of their cards at the same time. The result is Electric Six’s ninth studio album, “Mustang”.

The band is recharged having taken its first “break” from making a studio album in seven years. Couple that restored energy with the playing of the six Wild Horse Cards™ at the same time, and “Mustang” is the audio story of Electric Six reaching the summit of Mt. Good Times.

Producer Johnny Nashinal is the sherpa, executing a 14-track ascent that leaves everyone gasping for oxygen, but in the best possible way. The Roky Erikson-meets-T.Rex opener “Nom de Plume” makes it clear right away that Electric Six has got that whole “let’s do a synth and drum machine record” thing off their chest, and they’ve brought their guitars, their drums, and their blood-curdling screams for this one, yes indeed. The album then winds through the psych-pop of “Jessica Dresses Like a Dragon”, the Pavement-pop of “Show Me What Your Lights Mean”, and the aggro-pop of “Adam Levine”.

But this is Electric Six, mind you. They are the band that will never be tied to just one sound. And so we also find on Mustang a first-time dip of the toe into the P-funk pool in “Late Night Obama Food”, as well a stroll down ABC lane for “The New Shampoo”. And W. Axl Rose will be looking down from wherever he ended up with a big smile as we get to the summer amphitheatre-friendly “I Never hosed Her”.

The anchor track “Iron Dragon” is the most compelling story, not only for its ability to sound like both a Nick Cave ballad AND a Warrant/Poison/Skid Row ballad, but also for something much more profound. The outro of “Iron Dragon” was recorded in Moscow’s Red Square, a choral squadron comprised of the six American males from E6 singing alongside several Russian females. There is nothing that makes an American male feel more like a wild horse than singing with Russian girls in the very place where freedom came to live and die, live again hey baby maybe not so fast.

“Mustang” is Electric Six’s ninth studio album. It is distributed by Metropolis Records and will be released in October 2013. You can come see Electric Six on tour in the United States in September and October on the “Save The World, Save The World” tour . And look out for Electric Six in the UK and parts of Europe in November and December."

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

3 new songs posted for streaming:

https://www.reverbnation.com/electric6?profile_view_source=profile_box

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also they confirmed that there will be a tour only vinyl copy of the album available:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink...._t=feed_comment

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They're all good except for most of KILL. And Heartbeats is kinda hit or miss, but some of the stuff on it is AWESOME.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, Da Ve had a pretty brutal black eye and a neckbrace on last Friday at the Boston show.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgk4vl4wLDk

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, most of their openers have been fantastic.

I already loved Bang Camaro and Gay Blades before, and they introduced me to a few other great ones like Kitten and Tragedy.
Local H was alright too, I guess?
Edit: Oh, and Township is fantastic, was formed by a couple of ex Bang Camaro dudes.

I was never a fan of Andy D or Les Sans Culottes, and I'm pretty bummed I've seen both of them open twice so far :(

Totally Check out Gay Blades if you haven't, both Ghosts and Savages are solid funky garage rocky albums.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 14, 2014

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Watched the download of the concert last night, A+ stuff.
My Blu-ray copy and other goodies also shipped out today, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I paid a lot of money for this. Enjoy.

http://kaboobi.com/filez/

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

No problem, I tried to think of the most Electric Six song that Electric Six didn't write, and think that came out pretty drat good.
At least better than a stupid novelty cover like Strokin or Bat Out of Hell would be.

Anyone have any ideas what you would have picked?

TRIPLE H U BASTARD posted:

that owns kaboobi.

i know the blu-ray wont be available at shows, but I think the DVD will be. anyone know if that will include the extra disc with the interviews and stuff?

i was broke at the timeof the kickstarter, and i am sad i missed out

Both the Blu Ray and DVD will be available, but the bonus disc was kickstarter only :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm putting the covers I've collected up on my hosting, so there's a couple more up now.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I wish I was joking but I was invited into a seedy underground Electric Six group after I posted my cover and it made it to the E6 twitter page, so I've been passed those two over time.

Apparently there are 8:
Maneater
She Drives Me Crazy
Gary's in the Park
2112: Overture/The Temple of Syrinx
Rock DJ
Pokemon Theme

and two mystery ones

I'll try to bump this up when/if I get more.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They tracked me down on Facebook (it's not hard to do that) and sent me an invite to somethings and now have been sending me files. I dunno what the hell.

Also my crazy friend (and goon) pksage made this for the site he's a part of at http://www.customscreators.com :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTD9k9n4BU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oops

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

in celebration I also uploaded another cover, shhh

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Sparticle posted:

You made that pledge almost as quick as the kickstarter went up :stare:
I now know why Dick started calling fans 'Crazies'.

Also, thanks for the covers, you are amazing.

I was the first backer I guess.

https://twitter.com/AwesomeRobot/status/474738558478319616

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Danger! High Voltage provided they don't have an automatic reflect to punch everything around them if they hear Jack White's voice.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

quote:

While "Mimicry And Memories" as a completed product is still several months away, we're happy to announce the final track listing for both discs now. Note that the eventual sequence may not adhere to what's listed here, but the tracks listing itself is complete.

MIMICRY

1. One (Harry Nilsson)

2. The Warrior (Patty Smyth and Scandal)

3. The Look (Roxette) - Smorgasbord selection

4. Ah Leah (Donnie Iris) - Dick Valentine selection

5. Buckingham Green (Ween) - DaVe selection

6. I Got The Six (ZZ Top) - Tait Nucleus? selection

7. Do You Love Me? (Kiss) - Percussion World selection

8. Girls Want To Be With The Girls (Talking Heads) - Johnny Na$hinal selection

9. Everywhere (Fleetwood Mac) - Crazies' selection

10. Easy Lover (Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey) - Crazies' selection

11. Turn Me Loose (Loverboy) - Crazy selection

12. - Rockets (Tomas Ford) - Crazy selection

13. Stuck In A Closet With Vanna White (Weird Al Yankovic) - Crazy selection

14. Cat People (David Bowie) - Crazy Selection

MEMORIES

1. Intro from "Exterminate" Tour

2. Dance Epidemic (XFM Session)

3. Typical Sagittarius

4. The Shiek Don't Lie

5. Taxi To Nowhere Piano/Vocal demo

6. Short Love

7. Night Vision Demo

8. I Don't Speak French Demo

9. I Can Translate Demo

10. My Struggle With Heroin

11. Free Samples Demo

12. Bad rear end

13. Gay Bar (Live at Manumission)

14. Dancing Like An Idiot - Valentine Demo

15. Technical Difficulties

16. Slices Of You - Nash Demo

18. Strike While The Iron Is Hot - Nash Demo

19. Ziggy - original song written for "Absolute Treasure" Kickstarter project

20. White Eyes - Demo

21. Bleed For The Artist - Demo

22. loving In Another Man's Clothes - "Human Zoo" outtake

23. Suitcases - "Human Zoo" outtake

24. WikiLeaks - "Human Zoo" outtake

Get hype.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Turn Me Loose by Loverboy. Was gonna be a Bowie song, then I talked to them during a boat show asking them to choose between a few ideas they had, and they hinted they might already have a Bowie.

And Dick apparently really loving likes Loverboy.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I was torn between Moonage Daydream and Young Americans, actually. Moonage Daydream is my favorite Bowie song but I think they could do an amazing Young Americans.

Human Zoo is on Spotify. I really like it, more than Mustang, at least. Alone With Your Body is one of my new favorites.
Live shows seem to start off with Karate Lips and It's Horseshit, and then play (Who the Hell Just) Call My Phone during Improper Dancing.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

One of my least favorite Bowie songs :smith:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Contributed enough to pick a cover and not even eligible for a digital copy, grumble grumble.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm more concerned with Turn Me Loose, but Cat People is a close second :ohdear:

edit: now I gotta track down a digital copy instead of doing work today this is horseshit

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153137709718762&id=154062438761

"We also offer one more minor clarification...the covers of "The Warrior" and "One" are included on the "Memories" disc and not "Mimicry" as originally intended. Why? Because after further consideration, we decided it made more sense to keep "Mimicry" as a coherent disc with all the songs recorded, mixed and produced at the same time, from the same sessions. These other two covers have been around for years, so they wouldn't fit seamlessly with the other covers...hence their inclusion among the demos."

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I threw Turn Me Loose up on my hosting along with the other cover I paid for and a couple others from the last kickstarter:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A lot!
Cat People, Turn Me Loose, and oddly The Look are my favorites off the album.
As someone who doesn't really have any emotional attachment to Weird Al, that song was surprisingly great as well.

Was somewhat disappointed with Easy Lover and not even E6 can make a KISS song good, but it's a solid album all-around.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

ps Boston boat show announced:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5770815&REFID=rockllc&pl=rockonconcerts

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

For a song I had never heard before, they do a amazing version of Rockets and lyrics weirdly fit them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Would YOU buy a vinyl box set? Let them know!

https://t.co/8ctpId6j2m

• Locked thread