Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I went in expecting a huge trainwreck and I actually got a half-decent movie.

It's definitely different than anything I've seen. The writing was good enough. The acting was good enough. The directing was good enough. It's just a very "good enough" kind of movie.

The movie runs under 90 minutes which is perfect for the subject matter. Keeping the film tight helps my opinion of it tremendously. This was a concept that could have very easily fallen straight into extreme shittiness, but they ride the campy line pretty well and actually engaged me for the duration of the film.

The devil reveal is actually the least important of the two, which I think speaks for the film. To build the entire thing around the Devil and then have me care 100% more about the other twist by the end speaks well of the narrative.

If you can catch this at a dollar theater, I would suggest doing it. If you've seen every other good movie out and you just want to watch a film, this will probably satisfy you enough.

For the casual movie go, I would say save your $10, but it's worth a Netflix rental or catching on TV sometime down the road.

Overall: 2.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU