Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

Well I got the weather working. But I guess my question is, is there a way for me to remove it or put another widget in that spot on the upper right? I was using a different weather app and would rather keep using it rather than the default one. And I don't want to be that guy with multiple weather apps (or fifteen clocks).

Change the launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

My new Pixel with Go Launcher, Glasklart icons, and the Pixel Pill and Project Fi data usage widgets.

If I could make that data usage widget grayscale my life would be complete.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Monday_ posted:

If I could make that data usage widget grayscale my life would be complete.

There's probably some way to set [Dev Options] / [Sim Color Space] = [Mono] as a toggle?

Forget custom graphic packs etc, just use a permanent NoirPhone if you love grayscale.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I like most of the wallpapers apps backgrounds but this poo poo is trash and definitely shouldn't be under the art section

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

deer with it lol

I've got a boat. So far the art section's been more like a journey through people's deviantart accounts but that's fine whatever, it's better than jacked up HDR photos

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Nice colors yo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

baka kaba posted:

deer with it lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Train posted:

I like most of the wallpapers apps backgrounds but this poo poo is trash and definitely shouldn't be under the art section

This is the best picture I've ever seen.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LG G6
- Default UI
- Digital Embers LWP
- Weather Timeline app widget
- Universe 2 [LG Home+] proprietary theme pack via LG Smartworld app (yes, it's retarded, and yes, I'm too lazy to use Nova Launcher) - It cheats the Material Design theme by encasing every app icon in a bubble, but I like the look of it with my current wallpaper.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Testing an old timey non-animated gif as wallpaper, courtesy of @gifs_bot on Twitter.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a way to change my lockscreen on Nova without changing to another Launcher?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Is there a way to change my lockscreen on Nova without changing to another Launcher?

Are you talking about the wallpaper? Launchers don't have anything to do with the lockscreen.

e: I guess I should mention if you're using a Pixel or at least the standard Wallpapers app, you just select the wallpaper you want, hit Set as wallpaper, and select Lockscreen.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 16, 2017

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I wish you could set anything that isn't 100% static for the lockscreen wallpaper. Even one of the ones that rotates daily would be nice.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tapet can do a rotating lock screen wallpaper.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I errored in posting this in the other Android thread, I like my home screen right now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I errored in posting this in the other Android thread, I like my home screen right now

This looks awesome, do you guys with the google bar on the bottom end up hitting it way too often? I currently have mine above the dock and like it there for that reason but it does look nice on the bottom.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've never hit it accidentally

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TwistedNails posted:

This looks awesome, do you guys with the google bar on the bottom end up hitting it way too often? I currently have mine above the dock and like it there for that reason but it does look nice on the bottom.

Nope, never. It's super convenient!

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Keeping it simple so far on my new Pixel 2...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I will never get why Android users don't use the whole screen. It's just an extra thing to push.

Also why aren't all apps circles yet god drat gently caress

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I will never get why Android users don't use the whole screen. It's just an extra thing to push.

Because that's ugly you pleb

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just as ugly as when you open a folder!

Also lol at me having to download G+ because even google doesn't include it on the Pixel 2s.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
App drawer with tabs and a clean homescreen > all

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Because it ain't no loving iPhone

Live wallpaper

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Nova Launcher
Candycons, i think
KLWP wallpaper for all the not-icon content (specifically MNML 03 with tweaks)

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

App drawer with tabs and a clean homescreen > all

Only when Nova launcher adds a "hastily scribbled Wang" gesture, Android will be complete.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Because my phone is massive and keeping things near the bottom is great for using it one handed.

Also having icons everywhere is ugly as hell, I use folders to group similar apps so I can save time finding what I want just like how I do on my PC. If I wanted a screen of app icons I'd open the app drawer.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Nice app drawer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

App drawers, like folders, are just an extra, unnecessary tap. One day you will all see the light.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Actually the app drawer is a swipe now :smug:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Is your computer desktop just a grid wall of shortcuts to every program

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Scudworth posted:

Is your computer desktop just a grid wall of shortcuts to every program

It should be. That's a great idea!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

It should be. That's a great idea!

Go back to Windows XP and youll find an OS that thinks youre stupid and will offer to put most of those icons into a folder for you.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Materialistik icons and the default Muzei wallpaper.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Thread inspired me to look into cleaning up my phone's look. Pretty basic cause it's just Nova and Lines icon theme.

I think it looks nice though, and also it's made me think I waited too long before switching to Nova from Oxygen. Oxygen puts too many barriers in between you customizing your icons. Anyways thanks thread for reminding me I can make things pretty.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A year or so ago someone posted their classy KLWP setup, so I took it and made it incredibly gaudy and neon. I know what I like, and it's fuscia-on-black.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I like both of the last 2 a lot. What Icon packs? and whats that widget slider thing?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

eSporks posted:

I like both of the last 2 a lot. What Icon packs? and whats that widget slider thing?

The widget slider thing is Kustom Live Wallpaper Pro. It's by the guy who made (and sold) Zooper and is an amalgam of a custom widget maker and a wallpaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I uploaded my preset if anyone wants a go at it, I'm not very good at the program so I mostly poked at it until I got the colours I wanted. Icons are Neon Glow Icon Pack by Vertumus, I like most of his stuff. The background is some Xavier Portela photography, I think it's Bangkok?

• Locked thread