Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Finally told Touchwiz to take a hike and installed AOKP. The blue line at the top is my battery gauge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah do that.

No seriously I wish I could share but it came in the settings for AOKP.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Avocados posted:

The curse of not being able to settle onto just one theme is in full effect. I knew this was going to happen.

I still feel like these are "off". I really want to like the green wallpaper but I feel it blends in too much with the icons. Im also debating the amount of icons on-screen.

I really like this one, if you could get rid of the blue line it would be perfect in my eyes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

step aside posted:

I'd say iOS is more useful. Look at the stuff in this thread. Most people are either using only 10% of the entire screen in the name of minimalism or their using up 1/3 of it on redundant clocks. That isn't providing better at a glance information and it puts another layer between you and apps you want to open.

The glorified app drawer cannot be more useful. I'm not even using my phone to its fullest extent and I have quick radio toggles, MP3 control, instant Shazam, and my work schedule on the home screen. With one tap I can access everything I'd be limited to on iOS.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

LastInLine posted:

It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that apps from Russia and China are going to sell your contact list to spammers. Even if it isn't everyone from China (though it might as well be everyone from Russia) it's common enough that you should treat them all that way.*

*Full disclosure: I use ES File Explorer which is Chinese as gently caress and has permissions out the rear end including root.

Yeah, I've put ES File Explorer on every device I've ever owned, easiest app that will let you browse a Windows share.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

the kawaiiest posted:

And just for laughs, here's my iPhone 5s. Not much to customize, but I try.

That's cute as hell, I really like it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

the kawaiiest posted:

I dug up this one since it's the only one that isn't anime/girly/shameful in the whole set:

Y'all can use it as a template to make your own or something if you want.

I think it turned out well on my fairly stock setup:

I'd show off the rest of my screens but it's incredibly boring. Calendar widget for my work schedule on the page to the left, power control on the right, then music and soundsearch on the far right. Nothing on the far left 'cause I can't think of anything else I'd want.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Hurlin Merlin posted:

I'm afraid of the weird looks I might get on the bus.

You should probably use a different wallpaper then!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

KillHour posted:

The true minimalist just has a digitizer on top of a satin-finished aluminum plate (brushed aluminum is so 2010). Who needs a screen cluttering everything up?

This... is stupidly intriguing. You could easily get a two week battery life with no screen, and voice controls have gotten better in the last five years.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I'd actually like to see that go from :59 to :00 just once, I'm easily entertained.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Daily Forecast posted:

I am strangely proud with what I've managed to cobble together out of this old craigslist GS5.

And yes, that's what I named my wifi, wanna fight about it

You really like forecasts I guess, just noticed your username.

I have too many APs in my house, but some of the Internet's best names for them:

ItBurnsWhenIP
Abraham Linksys
Drop it like it's hotspot
Router? I barely know her!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Montalvo posted:

For all of Tapet's bells and whistles, this is pretty much the only wallpaper it has generated that I use consistently.

A much better, very colorful wallpaper. And a similar layout to my own! (Thanks Elentor.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It should be. That's a great idea!

Go back to Windows XP and you’ll find an OS that thinks you’re stupid and will offer to put most of those icons into a folder for you.

• Locked thread