Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Makanovy posted:

Took some inspiration from recent posts to set up my new phone. Cheers for the help.

Nova Launcher, Zooper and Circons Red Icon Pack.
Holy moly I never realized how useful three battery meters could be! I have to add this to my rig so I can always know how much I have left without having to move my eyes too much.

Semi-related:

Does anyone know of a battery life widget where the units are in episodes of Naruto?
Ex:
BATTERY LIFE:
2 MORE EPISODES OF NARUTO

I'd like something minimalist if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

robodex posted:

Decided to try Miui on my Nexus 5. Aside from a few small issues it's surprisingly nice.

That looks very nice but I'm curious about why you like having a clock adjacent to another clock and why you choose to keep that awful menu button.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bring Back Noid posted:

I set thing down, typically. Or I wait until I don't need to be carrying thing, because hey, what's so important on my phone that I can't wait 2 minutes?

Certainly nothing as important as having your phone be a picture frame for the second between you unlocking your phone and opening an app.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Here's my daily driver:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bring Back Noid posted:

That's what the "emergency dial" button at the bottom of the lock screen is for, ding-ding.

Also my wallpaper rotates. I didn't choose my wallpaper for you, noirstronaut. Taste is subjective.

Except yours is objectively bad. If you want something that just rotates through the logos of your favorite brands, use one of these. That way you can also have a functional phone. With things on it.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

I really like my new Nexus 5. I'd like a way to get the icons and clock to line up with the wallpaper better, but I don't want to stop using Action Launcher. Any suggestions? Also, a numeric percentage for the battery icon would be nice.

What does the pokeball do?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Nova launcher and Voxel icons. My attempt at using a :black101: wallpaper. I think the colorful icons do very well against the black and white background. The name stretches across all screens, so it works like a scroll indicator.

It would be neat if the icons all used the same light source for shadows.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

That is why I use Minimal UI's icon pack - making a flat square icon is something I can do myself.

Boy I'd love to have to do work any time I downloaded a new app.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Haven't used it, but with that amount of problems it sounds like it's not even worth trying to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Drone posted:

I took inspiration from Stoat and made something similar for my Nexus 7, put it together with Nova Launcher + the Voxel pack in about 15 minutes.

They should really make the icons have the same light source.

• Locked thread