Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

This painting is even creepier when you get the full length of it.

Also, I find this picture to be pretty drat unnerving...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

Holy poo poo the zombie family or whatever is awesome/terrifying.

Here's a wallpaper I have that I think is awesome but it also kind of freaks me out at the same time.

Click here for the full 1600x1000 image.

And some more.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1920x1200 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1382 image.

I generally don't save pictures unless they're wallpaper sized so... yea.

Zwei Dunkel Jungen
Jun 17, 2008

it's a magical day
Grimey Drawer
I know this isn't exactly the place for creepy videos, but I thought this one was pretty appropriate and I've never seen it mentioned in these kinds of threads. It's a promo for Queenadreena's album, Taxidermy. It's a few clips of songs made into a little art film/music video and there's some fantastically unnerving imagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoC3gd9PaHo

Oh, and here are some spooky pictures!

The Sedlec Ossuary, a chapel decorated with thousands of human bones.

And this one I don't remember the source for, but I want to say that it came from SA and might've been painted by a goon's friend or something.

Johnny Fab
Jan 7, 2010

Fooley posted:

Username 666 always creeps me out. I think its because he nails that weird, just "not right" sound the videos make.

PiroPito, the girl who made the video, is totally insane. Her videos are either adorable videos of her raising ants or videos that make you not want to sleep. Ever again.

She's actually a pretty great artist, though, here's her site: http://www.geocities.jp/buruton2000/

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Rabbit Hill posted:

(Why are they smiling? :psyduck:)
Some poor girl's first menstrual period at summer camp?

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

MeccaPrime posted:

The artist who painted this commit suicide shortly afterwards iirc?

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

The artist who painted this commit suicide shortly afterwards iirc?

Yes, he is the one

Junji Ito's work is very much an unsettling experience.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Rabbit Hill posted:

I posted some of these in the old thread, but here they are again. Most of the photos come from this cornucopia of disturbance:

(Why are they smiling? :psyduck:)

It's noted in the Bible (and the Qur'an I believe) that the proof of virginity on the wedding night is blood on the sheets. I think it used to be a big custom for the bride (or somebody) to hang the bloody sheets outside the window the next morning as proof that she was a virgin. Could this be some really bad joke based on the above? Who knows... :psyduck:

When I was a very small child (say, 6-ish) I had a span of days where I had a recurring nightmare in which I was being chased and cornered by a wolf in a particular part of my childhood house. The nightmare would run exactly the same way each night, and I would wake up screaming in terror every night for about a week. Needless to say, I outgrew that and had long forgotten it... that is until I saw this print by Joshua Hoffine about 2 years ago:

That horrifying week came back to me in full technicolor glory. I literally about poo poo myself and passed out.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

homerlaw posted:

Yes, he is the one

What was his name?

TommyFilth
Aug 25, 2000

by Ozma

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

It's been mentioned before, and is worth mentioning again, that if you look closely at the "glowing" eyes, you'll realize you're really looking at a reflection off a pair of glasses.

Keso.Xorganoff
Apr 18, 2010

by T. Finn
Video allowed?

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

Johnny Fab posted:

She's actually a pretty great artist, though, here's her site: http://www.geocities.jp/buruton2000/

Oh holy poo poo...
Geocities is still running? :xd:

Creepy picture (I think it was from the last thread, that roller coaster on the first page reminded me of it):

eightyeight
Sep 16, 2007
Ah, I'm sorry, I can see that due to my unthoughtful posting style I have now ruined the thread. I will be gone now as I clearly have nothing to contribute.

homerlaw posted:

Yes, he is the one

Really? I thought that was "creepy pasta" that was made for the image.

And some of my favorites from the old threads.

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

Please tell me somebody spilled paint... Or had a baby on it... :wtc:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Jeez guys, calm down. We can't even tell what color it is.
For all we know it's diarrhea.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

eightyeight posted:

Really? I thought that was "creepy pasta" that was made for the image.

Yeah, Junji Ito isn't dead. Assuming he really is the one who painted that.

Chewbacca Defense
Sep 6, 2009

High speed, low drag.

Fell posted:

Please tell me somebody spilled paint... Or had a baby on it... :wtc:

Google didn't turn up an answer, but I thought I heard about keeping the mattress the baby was born on being of some significance back when a lot of births were at home.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

To kick off the new thread, here is my collection of creepy pics. Most of them are from the old thread:

This all collected gave me the biggest scare so far in any of these threads.

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

cowboythreespeech posted:

Yeah, Junji Ito isn't dead. Assuming he really is the one who painted that.

I think Junji Ito was being brought up as a separate thought in conjunction with the manga image that was posted which was actually drawn by him.

That red picture of the long-necked girl I think is of Japanese origin, but I've never found any evidence regarding who drew it or what the actual story was. TinEye turns up a lot of instances of it being posted on Japanese blogs and image boards with no accompanying explanation beyond the usual "guy committed suicide" stuff.

That image is more disturbing to me than anything else I've seen, though. Not entirely sure why.

Dorchestrachick
May 16, 2009

Haha. gently caress you to hell, I was browsing SCP and loving every second of it until I came across these. I JUST started sleeping again. Also, I don't quite get why the picture of the dog climbing over a fence is so unnerving- maybe because it's in black and white? I've seen dogs climb in stranger ways, though. Let me know if i missed some detail.

Keso.Xorganoff
Apr 18, 2010

by T. Finn

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

and 7000 other things from those books

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

Trent posted:

Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark

"The Wendigo" was the one that always got me. I swear to gently caress, the artist could draw anything in the world and, I'm pretty sure, anything out of it.

wicked-tribe
Jun 9, 2004

Click here for the full 700x525 image.

We made this one night

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Please click and scroll down for lots of peculiar pictures.
http://kanasoku.blog82.fc2.com/blog-entry-14836.html#IMG2

wicked-tribe
Jun 9, 2004

pic we made for a project

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

MeccaPrime posted:

I tineyed and google japanese websites for like an hour and I can't find out who it was. I knew a long time ago too. :( Somebody take pity upon a poor fool and help him find this artist's name.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Knuckle Kimchi posted:

It's from Fuan no Tane (volume 1), #4 The Stingy Buyer.

Am I the only person who didn't find Fuan no Tane creepy in the slightest? Every. Single. One. is just "Ooooooo, something weird is watching you!".

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Am I the only person who didn't find Fuan no Tane creepy in the slightest? Every. Single. One. is just "Ooooooo, something weird is watching you!".

You're not the only one. The horrifying tale of the misshapen shadow blob that gave a girl a seizure and then flew away! Or the horror story of the woodgrain on the toilet that looks like a face! Oh noooooo.

That aside, gently caress you, Gorilla Codpiece, gently caress you. I don't even want to scroll to double-check that I got your name right, because it's almost time for me to go to sleep and I'd like to fall asleep without keeping my head under the covers tonight.

pakedmeat
Sep 7, 2010

Click here for the full 1194x1215 image.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Sapphaholic posted:

You're not the only one. The horrifying tale of the misshapen shadow blob that gave a girl a seizure and then flew away! Or the horror story of the woodgrain on the toilet that looks like a face! Oh noooooo.

That aside, gently caress you, Gorilla Codpiece, gently caress you. I don't even want to scroll to double-check that I got your name right, because it's almost time for me to go to sleep and I'd like to fall asleep without keeping my head under the covers tonight.

It reminds me of scary stories to tell in the dark, like almost an exact replica of the feel of the actual stories.

Monosodium Dudamate
Aug 10, 2009

AKA Chad Landpanther

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

I've seen this one a few times: may I ask the story behind it if anyone knows?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Monosodium Dudamate posted:

I've seen this one a few times: may I ask the story behind it if anyone knows?

I seem to recall that it started as a picture of a flooded crawlspace. The pink stuff dripping from the ceiling is just insulation that got wet started to disintegrate and later froze. Then somebody shopped a creepy naked pig molester into it, I guess.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Please click and scroll down for lots of peculiar pictures.
http://kanasoku.blog82.fc2.com/blog-entry-14836.html#IMG2

Just a warning to you folks that every advertisement on the page is Hentai (some of it even looks like creepy child stuff) and a few of the pictures are a bit NWS, so you working goons beware...

I didn't beware and I nearly averted disaster as my boss was quite nearby...

Edit for content - there's something in this picture, I just can't seem to find it...

MeccaPrime has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Sep 23, 2010

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
Yay, this thread lives again! :neckbeard: The new rule sounds good to me; I actually am rather desensitized to gory accident photos and whatnot, but they get really old very quickly, and they're just not as viscerally unsettling as the other stuff.

Gorilla Codpiece posted:

Isn't this from some really creeptastic will-drive-viewers-insane movie? If so, do you have the title of said film? Searching for the filename didn't bring up a film, but that image looks like one from the scene where God is raped and commits suicide , or something like that, I can't quite remember. (Spoilers for those who wish to keep their sanity.)

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Taliaquin posted:

Yay, this thread lives again! :neckbeard: The new rule sounds good to me; I actually am rather desensitized to gory accident photos and whatnot, but they get really old very quickly, and they're just not as viscerally unsettling as the other stuff.

Isn't this from some really creeptastic will-drive-viewers-insane movie? If so, do you have the title of said film? Searching for the filename didn't bring up a film, but that image looks like one from the scene where God is raped and commits suicide , or something like that, I can't quite remember. (Spoilers for those who wish to keep their sanity.)

As soon as I saw that picture I knew I was gonna make this post wether anyone asked or not because people always do. It is from the film BEGOTTEN http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101420/

FailingYeti
Aug 8, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, I had seen that drawing of the little girl apparition drawing a hundred or so times in the forums and I had no idea what it was from. It was definitely...interesting. Some were actually pretty funny like the "wrong house" one.
The drawings and imagery were creepy, but the premises were kind of silly.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah. Now Gyo, on the other hand, is a thousand kinds of hosed up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

aricoarena posted:

As soon as I saw that picture I knew I was gonna make this post wether anyone asked or not because people always do. It is from the film BEGOTTEN http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101420/
Thank you! I started watching it once, then got interrupted and unfortunately forgot the title.

To contribute, Wayne Barlowe's Inferno paintings are simultaneously creepy and beautiful. This one is called "Unholy Communion":

"Hell's Firstborn"
is quite scary too. (Possibly NWS for slightly visible penis.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Taliaquin posted:

Thank you! I started watching it once, then got interrupted and unfortunately forgot the title.

To contribute, Wayne Barlowe's Inferno paintings are simultaneously creepy and beautiful. This one is called "Unholy Communion":

"Hell's Firstborn"
is quite scary too. (Possibly NWS for slightly visible penis.)

Holy crap, I want this man's book. I've seen some of his other work but holy poo poo I must have it.

• Locked thread