Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bondster
May 6, 2007

Pelvic Thrust of Death. My personal favorite.

EDIT: HOLY gently caress KARATE KID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
I think some one just death-clogged the toilet

edit: oh god he's getting a mullet

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Holy poo poo. Best around.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
Is there going to be a music montage every episode? I hope there's a music montage every episode. I love these music montages.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how the "training" is just a mullet and cut off jean shorts.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This episode is amazing.

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."
When Mordecai said he had a way to get them out of there, I expected him to pick up Rigby and fly out in a "no poo poo, he's a bird" moment. Soaring through the sky like Superman is cool too though. I wonder if there will ever be an episode explaining why Mordecai can't fly-- it'll be the "truly special episode" of the year.

Thrust On Moore fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 28, 2010

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thrust On Moore posted:

When Mordecai said he had a way to get them out of there, I expected him to pick up Rigby and fly out in a "no poo poo, he's a bird" moment. Soaring through the sky like Superman is cool too though.

Somehow that he's a bird and could fly never even occurred to me.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
Haha, look, it's the One Cheek Wonder!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

No way, I don't want that sucky pick

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
The montages of Rigby getting hurt repeatedly are comic gold. I had to pause at the end one when after 5 or 6 punches, Mordecai kicks him in the dingleberries, I was laughing so hard.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Youtube from the same guy in the OP of Episode 4 for all that missed it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This show has the best montages.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Thrust On Moore posted:

When Mordecai said he had a way to get them out of there, I expected him to pick up Rigby and fly out in a "no poo poo, he's a bird" moment. Soaring through the sky like Superman is cool too though. I wonder if there will ever be an episode explaining why Mordecai can't fly-- it'll be the "truly special episode" of the year.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered that this is "Regular Show". That would be just too easy a solution.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The way they react to the video game graphics reminds me of Strong Bad.

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."

Macrame_God posted:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered that this is "Regular Show". That would be just too easy a solution.

I dunno, it would have been a pretty funny anti-climax. Alternatively, they could have tried it, only to discover Rigby is impossibly heavy. Oh, the possibilities.

Disargeria posted:

Oh my god, a collaboration with the Chapman brothers would just be heaven. :3:

Thrust On Moore fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 28, 2010

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Disargeria posted:

Those are indeed Videlectrix-quality good graphics.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The more I think about it, it does have a lot of similarities to Strong Bad's world. There's a lot of focus on retro technology (arcade/nes games), slacking, classic rock, mullets, instant jingles, etc.

And they both have very... improbable characters. Like Pops/Strong Sad, Benson/Pom-Pom, Skips/Strong Mad. Hmm...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Except "Regular Show" isn't run into the loving ground by dumbass college students who never stop quoting it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

DJExile posted:

Except "Regular Show" isn't run into the loving ground by dumbass college students who never stop quoting it.

It's 4 episodes in, give it time. Someone will find a way to ruin it.

I think what'll help Regular Show is that it doesn't really have a set premise, unlike Strong Bad Emails, and it looks like the zaniness is going to be in check, unlike HSR in its entirety. It's pretty much just about 2 guys hanging out, and it's kinda hard to gently caress that up when a show has no set rules or anything.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This show is great but it surprises me that all those "parent" groups aren't all over it trying to protect the kids.

I mean, it's a cartoon about two 20 something stoners, and kind of promotes fighting against your friends to get what you want. Seems like a group target for them.

I mean, they usually go after even lesser of things ( katy perry on sesame street) so it only seems fitting that they would be trying to get this show pulled.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

It's 4 episodes in, give it time. Someone will find a way to ruin it.

Probably true :(

Harminoff posted:

This show is great but it surprises me that all those "parent" groups aren't all over it trying to protect the kids.

I mean, it's a cartoon about two 20 something stoners, and kind of promotes fighting against your friends to get what you want. Seems like a group target for them.

I mean, they usually go after even lesser of things ( katy perry on sesame street) so it only seems fitting that they would be trying to get this show pulled.

So far they're riding the line pretty well. All the supposed 'beer' cans are totally blank, and being on at 8PM probably keeps them well clear from the little kiddies that watch the programming around 3-4PM.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Needs more Muscle Man.

edit:

Harminoff posted:

I didn't see what the big deal was, so I had to read through a few articals to find out. That dress really wasn't anything to raise a fuss over.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 28, 2010

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harminoff posted:

They're supposed to be stoners?

And it's possible that since there's only been 4 episodes it hasn't caught some group or another's attention.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

They're supposed to be stoners?

They could be if you want them to.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

thelaughingman posted:

I didn't see what the big deal was, so I had to read through a few articals to find out. That dress really wasn't anything to raise a fuss over.

It really has nothing to do with the dress, it's just the bigots who got upset at her for singing a song about kissing a girl trying to "punish" her any way they can.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Skeezy posted:

They could be if you want them to.

That's the best part. If you're a stoner then theres pretty much no way you don't see them as stoners. But theres no way anyone could come out and say "these characters are stoners and this is bad for kids" because Rigby has a third grade education and you can look at it as them just being dumb.

but yeah, them sitting on the couch talking about the video game graphics...they're completely stoned.

Aetilus
May 8, 2005

by Lowtax
there is only room for sexual outrage in america.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

I think since this new crop of Cartoon Network shows have TV-PG ratings it's less of a big deal than it used to be. Plus they used to get away with stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9PG-XAlsI

Robotnik DDS fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 29, 2010

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I loved that they flat out had Mordecai kick Rigby in the balls in one shot. At the same time I am happy that this is not an Adult Swim show because I feel that this show straddles the same line that the old Ren and Stimpy cartoons did, which is a wonderful line for a cartoon to walk.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

SpacePig posted:

I think what'll help Regular Show is that it doesn't really have a set premise, unlike Strong Bad Emails, and it looks like the zaniness is going to be in check, unlike HSR in its entirety. It's pretty much just about 2 guys hanging out, and it's kinda hard to gently caress that up when a show has no set rules or anything.

Some of the non-sbemail H*R stuff has premises just as odd as Regular Show episodes, like "Strong Bad is too lazy to get a drink, so he and The Cheat pretend they're looking at a thing in a bag in order to sucker Homestar to get one for them, which somehow backfires," or "Strong Bad and The Cheat both can't remember how The Cheat peeing in Homestar's melonade somehow led to Homestar being stranded on an ice floe." I think if Regular Show and H*R have anything in common, it's that both of them have an avant-guarde, anything-goes style of humor with nutty characters and unusual dialogue. But the same thing could be said of anything from Monty Python to Adult Swim. A lot of the best humor has those qualities.

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 29, 2010

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Truthfully with that graphics thing, I used to do that all the time too. When I was young I thought Nintendo 64 it was the pinnacle of video game graphics and there was no way it couldn't get even more realistic. :downs: Boy was I wrong. It's like this show knows what will be nostalgic for me :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

drat, already yanked. I need to see this most recent episode :smith:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

Inspector_71 posted:

drat, already yanked. I need to see this most recent episode :smith:

Get it while it's hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8Z58ANRUg

Erotic Thomas
Apr 22, 2010
A game like that shouldn't have voice sampling :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The DEATH KWON DO teacher's certificate from "City Community College" was a fantastic touch.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

DJExile posted:

The DEATH KWON DO teacher's certificate from "City Community College" was a fantastic touch.

I am very glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. It was great.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dude, this show is the perfect companion to Adventure Time. Heck, hate to say, but ever since Regular Show premiered, I've liked it better than the accompanying Adventure Time episode. Better than Adventure Time at its best? Not yet, but it's better than the most recent few. Yeah, woo, Regular Show!

So far, I think my favorite thing is Skips. Sorry, his run cycle just makes me crack up every time.

Pick fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 29, 2010

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Erotic Thomas posted:

A game like that shouldn't have voice sampling :colbert:

Sure it can. You never played Impossible Mission or Castle Wolfenstein on the Commodore 64?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

i like tacos posted:

Get it while it's hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8Z58ANRUg

Booya, thanks.

• Locked thread