Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Countblanc posted:

I can't remember the episode name, but probably the one where they take a passed-out Benson to a house party and trip out on some blended concoction.

Weekend at Benson's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Never Odd or Even posted:

The one with the baby ducks worked for me.

That's how I got into the show.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I introduced my friends via "I Got A Receipt", but that's mostly because they're table-top RPGers and Realm of Darthon is the most Synnibar game out there.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
My personal favorite is Death Punchies because of the sheer escalation and speed of the plot, the 80s references, "NOOOO!", cutoffs and mullets, "duh duh duh duh duh, DIG CHAMPS!", and of course the montage set to "You're The Best Around."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cross posting from the Adventure Time thread, but if there is supposed to be a new episode on tonight check your DVR because mine doesn't have it or Adventure Time set to record. The guide on my TV also lists every episode they air today with the same description so I don't know if that's what is throwing my DVR off.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zap2It says there's a new episode for both, and I know I've seen commercials for a new episode of Adventure Time at least, so yeah something's up with your DVR on this one.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Mine's copying, but it's also copying an AT episode at 6pm... Whatever.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

KungFu Grip posted:

Cross posting from the Adventure Time thread, but if there is supposed to be a new episode on tonight check your DVR because mine doesn't have it or Adventure Time set to record. The guide on my TV also lists every episode they air today with the same description so I don't know if that's what is throwing my DVR off.

Mines doing that as well. I tried deleting it and recording it again, but that didn't work.

It's not just Regular Show, I also tried King of the Hill and got the generic description.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Just follow the show on Facebook or the creators on Twitter tonight. Tonight's episode is called Unpranked, I think, and it's about Muscle Man nearly killing Pops and having to quit pranking for good.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

smokyprogg posted:

Someone posted in the Adventure Time thread asking for episodes to introduce people to the show. I, myself, like Regular Show more than Adventure Time, and most of my friends already watch AT. What would you guys recommend for starter episodes of Regular Show? Stick Hockey and This Is My Jam immediately come to mind for me. Any others?
Make 'em watch The Power and Death Punchies back-to-back. If they aren't interested in the show after watching those two, it isn't for them.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is this Rambo with tomatoes and expired food instead of bullets?

bondster
May 6, 2007

John "Muscle Man" Rambo.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I lost my poo poo when they did the scene from Platoon.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

How many Muscle Man episodes has that been this season?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:stare: Well, that sure was a Willy Wonka reference there.

Boring Person
Mar 21, 2012

by T. Finninho

U.T. Raptor posted:

:stare: Well, that sure was a Willy Wonka reference there.

Hahah that was great and did anyone else notice the Dark Side of the Moon poster that Muscle Man had on the wall? There was another episode and in his camper he had a Wish You Were Here poster up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Just saw the episode today. I've got to say, I was not expecting a Platoon reference of all things in a show on Cartoon Network.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Cardboard Box posted:

How many Muscle Man episodes has that been this season?

A lot. I'm ready for less Muscle Man.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

smokyprogg posted:

Someone posted in the Adventure Time thread asking for episodes to introduce people to the show. I, myself, like Regular Show more than Adventure Time, and most of my friends already watch AT. What would you guys recommend for starter episodes of Regular Show? Stick Hockey and This Is My Jam immediately come to mind for me. Any others?

The Power, Caffinated Concert Tickets, A Bunch of Baby ducks.

If they don't like it by the end of those three, they're not going to.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Besides the extra focus on him, it seems that Muscle Man gets treated differently, both by the writers and by the other characters. I mean, the extra focus he gets is obvious, but some other things are weird too. For example, between Benson condoning him doing things like shoving Rigby's face in manure during the mentoring episode (something neither Muscle Man nor Benson got called out on, apart from Mordecai saying it was wrong early on) and how in this one he cared more about getting Muscle Man pranking again than that he almost killed Pops, going so far as to use Pops as a tool in getting him back, it's like he has a Mary Sue-like immunity to the rules. Meanwhile Mordecai and Rigby almost got fired the time they injured Pops, among all the other things they almost got fired over.

Heck, the one time he did get punished that I can recall (excluding Benson firing him in the Don episode, which didn't last), when he was fired because they thought he was the one painting graffiti all over the park, Skips was obviously pretty pissed at Mordecai and Rigby for getting him fired, despite it being the reasonable course of action based on what they knew at the time. Between that and the positive development and importance he's had in the past season (him being made out to be less obviously terrible, him being needed to win the prank war, etc.), he's looking to be developing into, well, as I said earlier, a Mary Sue. Which sucks, because he's a lot funnier when he's the pig-like rear end in a top hat who messes with Mordecai and Rigby than the third main character who's better than the first two.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 9, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

smokyprogg posted:

Any episode with a licensed music track. Eggscellent, for example, is just kinda okay, but then loving "I Need A Hero" comes on for an omelette training montage and I can't stop laughing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Roland Jones posted:

Besides the extra focus on him, it seems that Muscle Man gets treated differently, both by the writers and by the other characters. I mean, the extra focus he gets is obvious, but some other things are weird too. For example, between Benson condoning him doing things like shoving Rigby's face in manure during the mentoring episode (something neither Muscle Man nor Benson got called out on, apart from Mordecai saying it was wrong early on) and how in this one he cared more about getting Muscle Man pranking again than that he almost killed Pops, going so far as to use Pops as a tool in getting him back, it's like he has a Mary Sue-like immunity to the rules. Meanwhile Mordecai and Rigby almost got fired the time they injured Pops, among all the other things they almost got fired over.

Heck, the one time he did get punished that I can recall (excluding Benson firing him in the Don episode, which didn't last), when he was fired because they thought he was the one painting graffiti all over the park, Skips was obviously pretty pissed at Mordecai and Rigby for getting him fired, despite it being the reasonable course of action based on what they knew at the time. Between that and the positive development and importance he's had in the past season (him being made out to be less obviously terrible, him being needed to win the prank war, etc.), he's looking to be developing into, well, as I said earlier, a Mary Sue. Which sucks, because he's a lot funnier when he's the pig-like rear end in a top hat who messes with Mordecai and Rigby than the third main character who's better than the first two.

Benson and everyone else have always treated Muscle Man and High Five Ghost better than Mordecai and Rigby. Also, I don't think you know what a Mary Sue is.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't mind that Muscle Man gets episodes, but how about the other supporting characters? Seems like Pops has been reduced to small cameos lately. How about bringing Don back? When is High Five Ghost going to actually show up in one of these Muscle Man episodes?? Some friend!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I like Muscle Man more than Mordecai and Rigby at this point anyway.

bondster
May 6, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Any episode with a licensed music track. Eggscellent, for example, is just kinda okay, but then loving "I Need A Hero" comes on for an omelette training montage and I can't stop laughing.

This episode was amazing because after the montage it leads right to the part that has of all things a The Last Crusade reference.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't mind that Muscle Man gets episodes, but how about the other supporting characters? Seems like Pops has been reduced to small cameos lately. How about bringing Don back? When is High Five Ghost going to actually show up in one of these Muscle Man episodes?? Some friend!

Yeah, that's what's really bothering me. I like Muscle Man, but dedicate some episodes to other characters. I have a lot of trouble believing that they have a hard time thinking of plots for Pops or Skips.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Ha! They had a Willy Wonka reference!

I agree that it's time for the other characters to shine. We know next to nothing about High Five Ghost, for example.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Apparently there are Regular Show toys now

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Apparently there are Regular Show toys now

I know that the design of Rigby looks so much better in 2D than 3D, but oh god :gonk:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Looks like a nut cracker.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That's goddamn terrifying, what's with his mouth? :stare:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Haha, Mordecai and Rigby have "OOOOOOOOOOH!" Margaret and Eleanor have "ooooooooooooooooh"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Deathbear, soldier of the German Empire. He fights for the Bear-Kaiser.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Deathbear pulling out the roundhouse kick was worth the price of admission.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Deathbear, soldier of the German Empire. He fights for the Bear-Kaiser.

I completely lost my poo poo when I saw Deathbear for the first time. Even more so when he busted out karate moves.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

E the Shaggy posted:

I completely lost my poo poo when I saw Deathbear for the first time. Even more so when he busted out karate moves.

Yeah, out of all the things to draw (somewhat) realistically they went for a bear wearing a cape and helmet.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
No wonder Rigby can't beat Mordecai at punchies. Dude's strong enough to throw a half ton bear through a wall.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I love the idea of two birds, a raccoon and a mole visiting an abandoned zoo.

It was nice not to have a Muscle Man episode this week, I don't dislike Muscle Man but there had been far too much focus on him recently.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Eileen may be my favorite character. Her pretending to be a lion tamer and immediately pretending to be eaten by the lion just slayed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

E the Shaggy posted:

• Locked thread