Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Regular Show is actually a long-form tragedy about these cartoon animals' arrested development. The series finale will be Thomas outgrowing them and going on to lead a full life having learned from their myriad failures.

In all seriousness though I think them being losers is just something played for laughs, and as much as they tug at sympathy or make it look like our heroes have learned anything they never really do. Mordecai and Rigby are pretty much indistinguishable from the way they were in the first episode, with the possible exception that Mordecai's bad with women in different but equally terrible ways than he was to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wouldn't say they're the same as in the start, they're somewhat more responsible and competent now, while they're still slackers they'll at least get stuff done most of the times, so they're problems don't always relate to not working now. Plus their friendship with the rest of the park is much tighter, the cast really feels like a family now.

But yeah, they're never gonna get out of that park and do something with their lives.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

When is the next episode supposed to come on? I remember seeing commercials for it last week but my DVR didn't record it today and doesn't seem to have it scheduled for Thursday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

When is the next episode supposed to come on? I remember seeing commercials for it last week but my DVR didn't record it today and doesn't seem to have it scheduled for Thursday.

June 5th. That's when they're redoing their schedule to have a bunch of their shows on Thursday.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

But yeah, they're never gonna get out of that park and do something with their lives.

As per their personalities? Yeah, no chance. As characters in a universe where wizards can turn you into houses they could absolutely end up accidentally rich after helping a leprechaun fake his death or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Barudak posted:

As per their personalities? Yeah, no chance. As characters in a universe where wizards can turn you into houses they could absolutely end up accidentally rich after helping a leprechaun fake his death or something.

And they would totally use that money to pimp out the park only to find out the money's cursed and they have to fight all the nice stuff they bought, ultimately deciding it's fine the way it was and that their friends working there is what makes the park a great place.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Plans! Man plans! Mans!

Edit: I was just thinking to myself that they have two characters named Thomas.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"I was just playing with my kids...!"

I'm kinda shocked at how good this episode was. CJ just brings so much to the table it's ridiculous. She was like a perfected Margaret and Thomas.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat dude this episode was one of the best.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yeah I gotta agree I liked this episode a lot. That poor Minotaur.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A funny thing about that episode was they focused so much on Mordecai and CJ's date that they completely glossed over the fact that Rigby and Eileen were having one of their own.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I didn't expect much from a revisit to Death's son but I'm pleasantly proven wrong.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Rigby and Eileen inevitably making out on the couch
"That guy on the bench looks kind of sad..."
The Sandworm
"I'm the victim heeeere..."
"Nah, he just let's us live."
Piggyback Mordo and CJ

Whatever this episode did differently than all the contests, Muscleman squeal-fests, and supernatural manifestations of insecurity, it needs to keep doing it. It really turned things around and fills me with hope.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Was there anything in particular from a previous episode that he had to pay Death back for this time?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

raditts posted:

Was there anything in particular from a previous episode that he had to pay Death back for this time?

They agreed to babysit Thomas at the end of Guitar of Rock.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"You get used to it" was probably my favorite part, with "Nah, he just lets us live" being a close second. Having a straight man, whether that's CJ or Thomas or whoever, around to react to the insanity of the Regular Show world always provides some of the best laughs.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Another good episode i just wonder when the pay off to new years kiss is going to be.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I personally still wait for Margaret to come back from college and stir up some major conflict.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Paladinus posted:

I personally still wait for Margaret to come back

You feel it too? I can't tell if people develop a sixth sense for TV-writing or if it really is that obvious in this case.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Paladinus posted:

I personally still wait for Margaret to come back from college and stir up some major conflict.
Ughhhh, I hope she doesn't come back. CJ is perfect for Mordecai and Margaret is so bland.

Just because Margaret is a bird doesn't mean anything either, since the characters don't even reference their own species aside from one line in a blue moon.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

JazzFlight posted:

the characters don't even reference their own species aside from one line in a blue moon.

It makes me a little pissed knowing that they've gone this long with their formula but they deliberately choose not to have an episode where everyone bugs Mordecai about why he doesn't fly. It could have helped in so many situations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MrSlam posted:

It makes me a little pissed knowing that they've gone this long with their formula but they deliberately choose not to have an episode where everyone bugs Mordecai about why he doesn't fly. It could have helped in so many situations.
"Why don't you eat garbage, Rigby? Oh wait, you do." "Hey!" *Rigby punches Mordecai in the shoulder. Mordecai just shakes his head disapprovingly.*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, Rigby seems like the kind of guy who would eat garbage even if he wasn't a raccoon.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Waffleman_ posted:

To be fair, Rigby seems like the kind of guy who would eat garbage even if he wasn't a raccoon.

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE TASTE OF DOUGHNUTS BETTER WHEN THEY'RE FROM THE TRASH! :byodood:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Expert Or Liar sounds like a viable game show to me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Jag posted:

Expert Or Liar sounds like a viable game show to me.

Fox New's exclusive.

Optimal Chip Levels

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say that word!
Edit: Thomas is actually useful!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BANANA!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Say that word!
Not as good as Expert Or Liar. Probably why it's cancelled now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I could totally see a show like "Say That Word" existing back when Millionaire blew up in the early 2000s and there were all kinds of lovely game shows popping up to piggyback on its success. Like, getting someone to pronounce obscure Scandinavian words correctly and dragging that out to an hour with flashy lights and suspenseful music.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Regular Show is better at making fake game shows ("Say That Word," "Expert or Liar," "Fool Me Twice") than actual TV execs are at making real game shows.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nature why?!

This is your body, this is your body on surfing

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 20, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guarding cut was pretty great.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

And that's the last time we'll ever see Pops.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

With the food/taste theme they had going for the promotion of this week's episode, I wonder why they made the stretch of Benson tasting Gs instead of the more obvious wings he ate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, Riff Raff as a centaur?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course the t shirt cannon has a lethal setting.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Muscle Man: "You know who else likes to polish rocks?"
* Mordecai, Rigby and Benson stare blankly into space*

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Suddenly I'm questioning who Thomas's "Mom" really is. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

CuddlyZombie posted:

Suddenly I'm questioning who Thomas's "Mom" really is. :tinfoil:
I wanted the twist to be that Gene was on the other end, like Thomas is a long-con double agent.

• Locked thread