Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JT Jag posted:

Did you know birthday song is copyrighted??? the episode

Nowadays, it seems to change every month. It's copyrighted, it's not copyrighted, who the gently caress knows anymore and who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I liked how they actually did sing it.

I was kinda hoping the whole thing would never actually be sung and it would just continue to be comically obscured like the first two times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The whole concept of a cake cartel is still making me giggle.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Nice little episode and despite the crazy it still seemed more on the level than most of their off the wall stuff.

Who voiced the cake guy he sounded familiar.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

The Croc posted:

Nice little episode and despite the crazy it still seemed more on the level than most of their off the wall stuff.

Who voiced the cake guy he sounded familiar.

Kevin Michael Richardson.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Flobbster posted:

He's been in a few other things you might recognize.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Kevin-Michael-Richardson/
Like, you know, everything.:stare:

Some of his more recognizable voices voices are Captain Gantu in Lilo and Stitch, and Trigon in Teen Titans; some of his current crop of voices are Sheriff Blubs in Gravity Falls and the Shredder in the 2012 incarnation of the TMNT series.

And of course Principal Lewis in American Dad.:v:

Just look through that list, he's been in something you've watched over the last 15 years.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The song was pretty good.

Also Format Wars II was funny.
"TV is dead lololol"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Flobbster posted:

Yes i knew I could hear some principle lewis in him!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Benson la Kill.

Or

Suitinator 2: Judgement Fit

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

J.A.B.C. posted:

Benson la Kill.

Was thinking this the entire episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed really hard at the Terminator 2 reference.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

During that montage of evil men, one of the guys looked like Sagat from Street Fighter. There was also a guy that looked like Zangief in the "Thomas is a Russian spy" episode. I like this.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

They always throw in references im pretty sure in the muscle man high school years episode they had johns friend from the start of T2 as one of muscle mans friends. Was another good random episode surprised they got away with the suicide bomb bit at the start even if the goons came back later in blown up suits. (which is probably exactly how they got past the censor)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Benson la Kill.

So spot on, its uncanny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It just needed the insert song: Until My Park Is Managed

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maury Moto

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
DRIVE AWAY RIGHT NOW!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Either my program guide was screwed up or CN changed things up at the last minute, because Adventure Time was on when it listed Regular Show and Regular Show came on afterward when last week's rerun was supposed to show so I only got to see the first couple minutes :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've been doing that for a couple weeks now for some reason. They used to stick I think Gumball reruns at 7, but now it's Ninjago.

Macatt
May 3, 2005
Loved the attention to detail in this episode--Mordo screwing in the coax cable, the power supply covering both wall outlets, the abandoned "tapeland" store in the forgotten mall. And I had the same reaction as Rigby when they found the hidden room: "I have never seen a place as cool as this." This episode really brought the nostalgia.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I lost it when they started playing the Goonies-esque music right as they were descending into the old mall. Good lord what a fantastic homage to one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, good thing they nipped that whole love triangle thing in the bud, but what does this mean for Mordo and CJ?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Auto land switch.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Good, I'm glad Mord didn't get blamed for this one. He understands how much of a goof he is when it comes to Margret and tried to do what he could to not turn the situation bad. This was all CJ's fault for being loving hair-trigger crazy jealous.

It isn't anywhere over between the three as Mord is going to be Mord about the new boyfriend, but the cloud girl needs to chill the hell out.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Goddammit, more SRS LOVE DRAMA. It isn't even plot development anymore like Margaret temporarily leaving the show or fun character interactions, they're literally treating the thing like a soap opera. A show with a retarded Jewish green hobbit that calls himself Muscle Man is pretending to be deep. Oh thank god there's a new Steven Universe on tomorrow.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 13, 2015

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shitenshi posted:

Goddammit, more SRS LOVE DRAMA. It isn't even plot development anymore like Margaret temporarily leaving the show or fun character interactions, they're literally treating the thing like a soap opera. A show with a retarded Jewish green hobbit that calls himself Muscle Man is pretending to be deep. Oh thank god there's a new Steven Universe on tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this repeated "oh no, Margaret showed up, now there's gonna be a misunderstanding with CJ!" storyline over and over again. I thought it was completely over after the beach episode with the turtles and they drag it back up again. I was seriously hoping it was just Mordecai's nightmare on the chopper and that he'd wake up with CJ not at the party at all, but... guess not.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this repeated "oh no, Margaret showed up, now there's gonna be a misunderstanding with CJ!" storyline over and over again. I thought it was completely over after the beach episode with the turtles and they drag it back up again. I was seriously hoping it was just Mordecai's nightmare on the chopper and that he'd wake up with CJ not at the party at all, but... guess not.

It'd be great character development if something else endangered the chopper and CJ put aside her obvious jealousy to help out and talk it out.

Nope, let's repeat what worked once and didn't work after that. That'll work.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Thought the turtles episode had calmed this but they went back to the well and it wasn ugh i hope the movie/feature ends all this one way or another.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Priest: do you take this woman to be your wife
Mordecai: I d--

*margeret pops up from behind organ* HEY MORDECAI

Mordecai: oohhh nooooooooooooooooooooo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

CJ episodes hit me pretty deep.

One of my best friends was a lot like halfway between Marceline from AT and CJ, and she never got my fascination with cartoons but I used to send her photos of Marcy or CJ and ask her like "hey is this you" and even down to that crazy jealous overreacting thing CJ does and uh she committed suicide and now every time a CJ episode happens it eats me up a lot inside even if it's a bad episode just because it reminds me of a girl I used to know and that's my story.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Um...

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Wow.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress lmao

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Sockser I'm really sorry about what you're going through but that is, uh, a hard one to react to in these parts.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mud waifu

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The skydiving episode is on, and you'd think Mordo and Rigs would have figured something was up when Mordecai did not get an invitation to the reunion as well. And how the heck would an invite for Pops be accidentally addressed to Rigby? I dunno, it feels really contrived just to have a shaggy dog ending.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look man you only get one shot to skydive burrito.
Benson showing up for work on time ep, Regular Show teaches the fundamental mistrust of cops.
"I... I never knew"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sockser posted:

CJ episodes hit me pretty deep.

One of my best friends was a lot like halfway between Marceline from AT and CJ, and she never got my fascination with cartoons but I used to send her photos of Marcy or CJ and ask her like "hey is this you" and even down to that crazy jealous overreacting thing CJ does and uh she committed suicide and now every time a CJ episode happens it eats me up a lot inside even if it's a bad episode just because it reminds me of a girl I used to know and that's my story.

oh word?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sorry for getting heavy in a cartoon thread, y'all. Going through some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

You don't have to post stuff like that, you realize.

As for the episode itself- I thought this love triangle was settled with the sea turtles episode, but somehow they think that it's a good idea to keep going back to the well. From here on out, I'm just going to skip over the episodes that have to do with relationship drama. I just want to see the gang get caught up in weird stuff.

• Locked thread