Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Aw, I was hoping "DON'T LOOK AT OUR CROTCHES WHILE WE SYNCHRONIZE OUR WATCHES" would make the thread title.

Mutation posted:

Yeah, or how in the third episode Morde wanted to see some "lady pecs." Also I like that they use elementary school tactics to self-censor themselves, "How the H are we going to clean up all this S?"

I don't watch a lot of cartoons, but I really like the vibe of this show.

"Don't call me a hole, you're the hole!"

They really do seem to be pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with in a kids' show; I remember when I was a kid the fact that the gym teacher said "crap" in one episode of Dexter's Lab was downright shocking, now the first episode of Mad had 3 "I crapped my pants" jokes and Regular Show has them singing about their crotches and lady pecs. I wonder how much of this has to do with Cartoon Network's seeming admittance that their audience is as much stoners and manchildren as it is actual children :catdrugs:

The third episode increased my confidence in this show immensely now that they've shown they can break from the "be given task, things go horribly wrong, fight monster" formula of the first 2 episodes. Between Adventure Time and Flapjack reruns (I was never much for Chowder) Cartoon Network has their best comedy lineup in years, even factoring in Mad's shittyness.

kefkafloyd posted:

Avatars of the coffee montage would be awesome. Almost as awesome as FIST PUMP.

I watched ep 3 on YouTube but Atube Catcher's file doesn't seem compatible with Photoshop or VirtualDub, when I get some time I'll try and fiddle with it a bit more to make some GIFs :thumbsup:

Make a buncha GIFs, send them to the moon...

EDIT: It took me way, way too long to figure out exactly what was going on in this scene:

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

What is going on there? :confused:

It's a lot easier to make out in HD:

They have one arm in their shirt pushing it out while the other holds the empty sleeve so you can't tell that it's empty.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Disargeria posted:

What is happening to his eyes

:psyduck:

I love how they play around with his eyes and snout like that, just like how Mordecai's beak is just a triangle when viewed from head-on.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Thrust On Moore posted:

I was going to ask what the point of muting the music was since it's technically all copyright material, but I guess it's less of a hassle to not worry about Cartoon Network and some music label breathing down your neck.

For some reason, it didn't occur to me that at the end of the Coffee episode, Mordecai and Rigby would fall asleep at the concert. I'd say that if I'm not trying to predict the end of the episode in my head, then the producers are doing something right.

I think that the copyright detection is all automated and based on complaints from copyright holders, that's why sometimes the music is still played with YouTube adding a "Contains content from [label/artist/etc] while other times its muted or the video is taken down. I'm guessing Regular Show hasn't uploaded a copyright protection thing, either because it's new or because they don't care.

SpacePig posted:

It's pretty cool that he linked that, but why is every related video, besides, like, 4 of them, episodes of Lizzy McGuire?:psyduck:

Paid adverting. "Featured Videos" are videos that people paid to have appear at the top of searches and recommendations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

octothorpopus posted:

Who wants a wallpaper I just found?

Ooh, I do! I do!

Sorry, hurdle-jumping corgi, you had a good run.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

octothorpopus posted:

I found something else you guys might want.

http://jgquintel.deviantart.com/

:3:

Why is there so much fat/inflation art of Mordecai and Rigby, and why is the show's creator faving and giving supportive comments on them :psyduck:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

E the Shaggy posted:

"Let's try the power out on Pops."
"I don't know, Pops is kind of weird."

"Come on! Let's go! Geez, you take forever!"
"Sorry, Pops had to go to the bathroom."
"TWICE!" :buddy:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

thelaughingman posted:

I didn't see what the big deal was, so I had to read through a few articals to find out. That dress really wasn't anything to raise a fuss over.

It really has nothing to do with the dress, it's just the bigots who got upset at her for singing a song about kissing a girl trying to "punish" her any way they can.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Penguins posted:

This is everyone in this thread, watching adventure time and regular show back to back monday nights:

This is me reading your post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

octothorpopus posted:

I was kind of liking that, too, but I GUESS I can make an exception for funny internet videos.

I figure it's one of those things like Napoleon Dynamite or Homestar Runner where they intentionally make everything anachronistic, so you have people playing NES games and wearing 80s fashion while using PCs to surf the web.

• Locked thread