Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I just now watched that 2 AM PM short that was something of a precurser to Regular Show. Is JG Quintel really tall? it seems that all the characters voiced by him are the tall guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Young Freud posted:

It's not just the eyes but the ears. You have one character screaming until his voice is hoarse, and another whose high-pitched whine makes my ears bleed.
And the terrible graphics and sound makes me uncomfortably clammy with sweat, causes my TV to emit a disturbing baking smell as if the circruitry itself is revolting against the programming it is showing, and causes a rusty taste to stick in my mouth.

Problem Solverz is offensive to all five senses.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Still the funniest so far is him playing Punchies with Skips.
*reels back, slight rock forward*

*immediate cut to Rigby in ambulance*

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sockser posted:

I disagree. The one about Hot Dogs, for instance, is pretty mediocre.

And Grilled Cheese, and Peeps are all pretty meh.
The Grilled Cheese episode is actually one of my favorites.

Your milage may vary, I guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm gonna go ahead and guess the whole 420 thing was a reverse censorship deal. As in, when it went to the editors the show had the 9:25 thing on the VCR, and then they slipped on the 4:20 number on top of it afterwards. That's why the hand went under: it was post-production.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Gray Garrison posted:

I have a friend who is really immature and would attempt to sabotage my relationships, chiefly because he KNOWS no one else wants to could stomach hanging out with him, he's super awkward to be around in public because he has like no shame in liking stupid poo poo and bragging about it.

He is my Rigby...
It's us.

Goons are all Rigby.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah at times I think Margaret isn't even in the friend zone with Mordecai, as such as the Hooters Waitress zone (but with coffee). She's just friendly with everyone, it's part of the job.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

BWOOOO

PSSSSSSH

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Next Monday!

EDIT: I saw that date on AICN, but Cartoon Network's schedule doesn't list a new episode for next Monday. I guess it'll be a little longer yet.

Also, according to the CN schedule, next week's Regular Show is entitled "A Bunch of Baby Ducks".
The little preview commercial looks pretty funny, as usual. The ducks mock the duo with their own "OOOOOOOH" thing

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

You know, all and all I think Benson is mostly getting used to the expensive antics Mordecai and Rigby end up getting in at the end of each episode?

A destroyed fountain, overturned truck and some random murdered guy? Nothing to really raise a fuss over at this point.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I think it was more a matter of just being too frustrated for words.
Yeah, he was obviously pissed, but I think he sorta eventually went "you know what, gently caress this, it isn't even worth it" and stomped away

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dude.

Death Punchies. :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

and that's that Muscle Man's "MY MOOOOOM" just... didn't have any of the oomph it used to.
Directly it really should translate out to "Mi madre!" instead of the weaker "Mi mama", but apparently saying "your mother" like that in spanish is actually sort of a curse word so they changed it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Suben posted:

I thought the poetry stuff kind of sucked honestly
How could you, poo poo was straight-up Shakespearean

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Aaannndd Benson just went Super Saiyan.
Came here to post this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SpacePig posted:

That's just the way Cartoon Network does DVD releases, for some reason. I think the only series that didn't do this was Samurai Jack, and that's probably only because there was some continuity to it.
There's continuity to Regular Show!

They, like, meet Space David Bowie, and he tries to steal Skips' life force, and Mordecai and Rigby stop him and hes mad and tries to get revenge by joining the badguy bowling team but then he resolves his differences and defends the guys in Cool Court. And then it blows up and he dies (???), plot arc over.

CONTINUITY

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Also the time they sent that bunch of baby ducks to the moon, and then had to deal with probably THOSE SAME BABY DUCKS

Man the story threads are just EVERYWHERE MAN

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

sintaxi posted:

I'm just wondering what battle was being fought in the park in 1783? After Yorktown (1781), I didn't think there was any action in the U.S.. And I don't recall any one-armed green techomancers about, though I could be wrong.
Going to guess that he wasn't either one-armed or green or a technomancer in 1783

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Upon re-watching Weekend at Benson's, I have devised the following very simple Regular Show drinking game.

1. Take a drink whenever the guys go "Oooah!"
2. Chug whenever there is, in essence, an acid trip sequence.

That's it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I liked Muscle Man because he looks exactly like Muscle Man.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sockser posted:

The best part is I don't see any way that Regular Show could ever actually jump the shark.
I could, however, easily envision an episode where they literally jump over a shark, much like the concept's namesake

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Benson was kind of a dick in this episode.
To be fair, he did warn them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Skips isn't that much of a dick.

He can get a little vindictive sure but, you know, as long as you don't try to dick him over first he'll be your best zen guide pal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

This may all be a moot point as (next episode preview spoiler) the commercial showed Mordecai looking all ragged complaining that his "heart was dead" implying that they might be ending the Mordecai/Margaret relationship story.
I kinda hope that's a fakeout, there's lots of potential there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Welp I guess I'm going to start watching that show now.
It takes a season or so for this particular element to really come into its prime, but there's a lot to keep you occupied until then.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Inspector_71 posted:

Shows that pull this off are really classics.
I think there was an Archer episode where a character was using one of those giant bulky 90s cellphones and a smartphone at the same time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Then they have to fish it out of the ocean.
It's probably braindead now though, unless the continuity of the show is way more advanced than I thought it was.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

smokyprogg posted:

Someone posted in the Adventure Time thread asking for episodes to introduce people to the show. I, myself, like Regular Show more than Adventure Time, and most of my friends already watch AT. What would you guys recommend for starter episodes of Regular Show? Stick Hockey and This Is My Jam immediately come to mind for me. Any others?
Make 'em watch The Power and Death Punchies back-to-back. If they aren't interested in the show after watching those two, it isn't for them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Deathbear, soldier of the German Empire. He fights for the Bear-Kaiser.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

She's supposed to be a mole.
You know, what with the vision problems.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, they really need to make a Muscle Man spin-off or something, so his episodes stop getting in the way of the other Regular Show stuff. It's not that I mind something different once in a while, but his episodes are so different, it feels like it belongs in another show altogether.
It can take the Annoying Orange timeslot.

I'm pretty sure literally no one watches that anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TwoPair posted:

No, just give it time and those will die. Now Johnny Test, on the other hand, will probably somehow still be in production after a nuclear apocalypse.
Kids love badly animated formulaic cartoons with cashed-in punchlines and generic characters, who knew

Insert rant about how the cartoons back in my day were so much better here, but then again I can remember a couple pretty crappy "classics".

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

You could argue that Mordecai has been progressing his relationship. You know. In tiny ways. Like being asked to water Margaret's plants. Have you been asked to water a girl's plants?? I didn't think so!

Besides, we all know they're gonna end up together eventually. No need to, heh, rush things, right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Wait, wait.

Lovebot Forever? Is that a Bob the Angry Flower reference? :crossarms:
:mitt:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

New 30 minute long special.

Looks like everyone got mindwiped.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

All this to build an exit! The bad guy is apparently a Vogon.
I bet it's an exit directly into that hellportal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's my mom.
:aaa:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Gary Bobby Ferguson! I knew this guy resembled something!

edit: oh no bro

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Man it never occurred to me that this many people were killed in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So that episode really owned. And I guess Thomas is a new reoccurring character, so we'll see how that works out. I'm guessing they're gonna have him be the "one sane guy", maybe. Let's see how long that lasts.

• Locked thread