Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This show rules. I love when Mordecai and Rigby do short songs in tandem, and the several references to Rigby's third-grade education. It's got a lot of originality all around, and even though every episode goes into weird territory towards the end, the slacker element of the characters still grounds the whole thing given everything that happens is an ends to justify the means of being still able to goof off all day. It's like a show I'd expect to always take place on a Saturday afternoon.

Can I get a gif of Rigby going PEW PEW PEW as a folding chair robot?

edit: VVV yesssss, thanks

Shadow The Rat fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.

Pick posted:

I think people assuming that I am claiming that it's "oppressing homosexuals" are completely missing the point, probably deliberately so. I have made it very clear that, if anything, I think it's disrespectful to the concept of platonic friendship. I don't think there's anything suspect about two people being friends, and yet every single show I've started watching immediately pins down character sexualities (straight AND non-straight alike). As for "but otherwise, Mordecai wouldn't have wanted to go to the concert :smug:," you're missing the point that there was little if any plot significance to Mordecai not wanting to go and any number of potential excuses. I just want one--just one!--show in my life that's about friendship that isn't afraid to just show the friendship!

As I also pointed out, RS is hardly alone in this, but it just happens to be the most recent show I picked up watching.

I think you're analyzing a show where people drink coffee out of a giant anthropomorphic coffee bean's nipples a tad too much.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

Really? I'd attribute Charlie to Rigby based on his hyperactivity, lack of education, etc.

Hamboning is Regular Show's equivalent to Bird Law. No one believes them until it saves their lives.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Skips represents the behind-the-scenes grip that masculinity and the patriarch has on the farm, which is a metaphor for women's rights

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y894QNtX0VA

Hey look, proto Benson and Mordecai

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

I posted it on the first page.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Don't you mean "GIVE US A RAISE, LOSER"

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Anyone else thrown off by Mordecai saying "pissed"? Not a big deal, just felt a little out of place given the format and look of the show. Then again, they show this at 8PM so who cares.

Great ep, felt very low-key.

Inspector_71 posted:

Well yeah but why the gently caress do you need to put corn syrup in it? It's a hot dog.

Guess what bread crumbs mostly consist of. Not bread!

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

SpacePig posted:

They've said "Pissed" in other episodes, too. Normally in the context of "Benson's gonna be pissed."

Oh yeah. Nevermind. Guess it was said with a lot more umph than the usual, casual "ugh" mindset like previous eps.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Anyone else think Mordecai sounds kind of like David Wain? I know JG Quintel actually voices him but they really sound alike.

If David Wain was stoned as gently caress, maybe. I can see where you're coming from but Quintel's voice is more hollow and mellow.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Benson's great because he's an agreeable part of the reality of the show despite being a sentient gumball machine. Everyone is normal in character (Pops is arguably senile) but not in body makeup and events that happen in the world. Things like killer hot dogs and Death Punches are just part of that reality so no one questions it. You don't pay attention to the fact that he's made of gumballs cause you're more focused on how Mordecai and Rigby are inconveniencing him by being lazy.

I wonder if the finale will be that the acid wears off and everyone was human/normal (except for Pops).

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

I've always believed a grilled cheese sandwich would be the savior of mankind.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Dr. Dos posted:

I'm noticing a strange overlap between Regular Show fans and Hockey fans.

Moredecai's coloring scheme sort of looks like a hockey jersey, when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Thorias posted:

Those haven't worked for me ever since the host change. :(

Flush your DNS

• Locked thread