Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Weird. Thanks!

Wish I found out about this comic a week sooner. I just bought a bunch of stuff from Topatoco for MSPA. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Oneiros posted:

Yeah, that was when Coyote was first teaching her how to influence the physical world from the etherial.

If I recall correctly the last time we saw Annie use her powers like that she was shoving a boat across the lake to the power station. Flying definitely is not out of the question.

<edit> and of course Jack was able to fly while under the influence of the whitelegs.

Plus she also managed to leave her thumb print on the moon.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

WeaponBoy posted:

Plus she also managed to leave her thumb print on the moon.

Chang'e meeting Annie for the first time:

"I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you..."

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

I wanted to do that with mine but it's too texty. :saddowns:

Simple matter of flipping the whole thing, then flipping the text back. (Ok, the real work is then fixing the cut-off 'u', but it's easy to copy the other u.)

Not that you probably want to spend another $5 on it at this point.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I thought that Annie was telling Jack that she didn't really need the blinker stone all that much anymore.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=917 Ah, she just said that she shouldn't need it any more soon. Perhaps soon is now. Apologies in advance to those who reread now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nothings posted:

Simple matter of flipping the whole thing, then flipping the text back. (Ok, the real work is then fixing the cut-off 'u', but it's easy to copy the other u.)

Not that you probably want to spend another $5 on it at this point.

If you ask a mod nicely they're usually understanding about this sort of thing.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Osmosisch fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 12, 2012

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Osmosisch posted:

I love this post.

...or do I? Maybe it's just Coyote being mischievous.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

It's great to see all these avatars from my comic! Thanks guys!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I really had nothing better to do.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 13, 2012

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Tea-san posted:

It's cheesy as hell but I'll say it anyway:

There's ten die-hard fans of GC for every idiot that thinks you're a "weak god drat writer". Keep on keepin' on.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want this one so bad! B-but I still love my Neophyte Redglare avatar :(

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Please make some City Face avatars. He is the best.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Tea-san posted:

Your art is seriously so gorgeous, it's no wonder people want them as avatars! Keep up the great work, man. I look forward to every update (especially when Red or Coyote are in the chapter man those guys are great).

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Please make some City Face avatars. He is the best.

I'm glad I finally sat down and read this comic, the art at the start had put me off before, but I stuck with it and it wasn't at all like I thought. Thanks for making something awesome!

Edit: vvv Here's the page, if anyone wants to do it.

Edit 2: It loops outside this post, but doesn't seem to loop in it for some reason...

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 13, 2012

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Nettle Soup posted:

I'm glad I finally sat down and read this comic, the art at the start had put me off before, but I stuck with it and it wasn't at all like I thought. Thanks for making something awesome!

The three with Jones would make a great animated gif.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Joining in for CityFace appreciation. I played around with the Jones one a bit, but I can adjust the speed if anyone has suggestions.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I think this would be even better if you lengthened the section with Jones's face at the end. Just to add the extra pause factor.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

There is not enough Boxbot for my liking.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Firstscion posted:

There is not enough Boxbot for my liking.

Yea, this thread is insufficiently terrible.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Boxbot really is terrible. So terrible that I really couldn't remember any pages he was in except this one! Also decided to make a few more avatars while I was browsing.

e: taken:

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 14, 2012

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flip Boxbot to face the posts, he's terrible enough as it is :smith:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ironic Twist posted:

It's cheesy as hell but I'll say it anyway:

There's ten die-hard fans of GC for every idiot that thinks you're a "weak god drat writer". Keep on keepin' on.

Ten? More like a hundred or more. Probably lots more, actually.

The point is Tom is awesome, everyone who reads Gunnerkrigg can tell instantly how awesome it is, and the occasional person who doesn't like it is a poo-poo face.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 13, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Ten? More like a hundred or more.

Yeah I hardly hear any disparagement of GC beyond the occasional "Harry Potter for girls" sidetrack, and that's usually offhand stuff by people who have only heard about it.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Pretty much the only person I've seen disparaging Gunnerkrigg was... chibisoma.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

The flipped versions just look weird to me :shobon:

On another note, I'm trying to introduce a friend to Gunnerkrigg. I've shown her some Coyote art pages, but a few more examples would be better. Any ideas?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How about the Treatises? The first one was my first exposure to GC. Wow, that was a bit of a ways back now. :)

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Nondevor posted:

I think this would be even better if you lengthened the section with Jones's face at the end. Just to add the extra pause factor.

Yeah, that looks much better to me, I think.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Wow, a surge of Gunnerkrigg avatars is probably the best turn this thread could have taken.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Nondevor posted:

The flipped versions just look weird to me :shobon:

On another note, I'm trying to introduce a friend to Gunnerkrigg. I've shown her some Coyote art pages, but a few more examples would be better. Any ideas?

Have her read A Ghost Story, it's probably the best chapter that works as a self-contained story.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
As bad as it sounds, describing it as "Girl Harry Potter" has actually worked for me in getting people to read it. That and lending them my hardcover of Orientation.

(I don't actually think of it as a girl version of Harry Potter, but it's the best way to go from an advertising perspective.)

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Whoa! That brings me back! I love that one so much.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Yeah, that looks much better to me, I think.

I assume I'm not the only one hearing a Fwooomp! in my head as I look at it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kinda thinking about taking this one, but I don't want to abandon gobsmacked Annie. :ohdear:

Nondevor posted:

Show her this page. Seriously, if anyone has doubts about the early artwork, just show them that page.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

1stGear posted:

Kinda thinking about taking this one, but I don't want to abandon gobsmacked Annie. :ohdear:

edit:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 13, 2012

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Elysiume posted:

edit:

The entire thing, shrunk down to 125x125.

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ironic Twist posted:

The entire thing, shrunk down to 125x125.

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit
4x4 doesn't fit nicely into 125x125 so I made it 120x120. Because boxes that are 41x41 would be weird.

edit: I could do 124x124 if anyone actually wanted the 3x3 or 4x4

edit: I did the 123x123 and 124x124 for the 3x3 and 4x4 because it was annoying me

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 13, 2012

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Elysiume posted:

4x4 doesn't fit nicely into 125x125 so I made it 120x120. Because boxes that are 41x41 would be weird.

edit: I could do 124x124 if anyone actually wanted the 3x3 or 4x4

edit: I did the 123x123 and 124x124 for the 3x3 and 4x4 because it was annoying me

I think those would qualify as the most distracting avatars on the forums. Especially if each version was claimed by a different person and they all posted consecutively in a topic unrelated to Gunnerkrigg.

It occurs to me that they're also shocked by her still being connected to her body. I have to wonder what the major reason for disconnecting would be. Wouldn't that make it possible to get trapped and unable to return to your body? Would it let you live on separate from your body even if one end or the other was damaged? Or is it just to get rid of the cool but laborious to draw hair effects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Who needs multiple people?

My guess is that as native forest dwellers they never had the connection or got over it early. Maybe it'd be like seeing a 17 year old (how old is Antimony?) using training wheels?

edit: Hang on I can do better
edit: Okay, this is my magnum opus. It's also way too big sizewise because I'm using pretty crap software.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 13, 2012