Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Ugh, Blue, come on. Think of the etheric roof repair costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Giant worm, who is your most favorite player on the New England Patriots?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Annie's side-view-face in the last panel there looks much better than the kinda wonky one from the sneaking-out chapter. The shading builds it out nicely.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I begin to worry that this Gronk worm might interrupt orbital mechanics.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What, exactly, is it smashing through?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
The √-1 st wall :pseudo:

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
It's such an ancient horror, it sounds like a floppy disk drive. GROOONK

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Faeries? Basically just idiots.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Did Ysengrim teach you Vanish and X-Zone? Ha! Didn't think so!"

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

WeaponBoy posted:

Did anyone else find the exchange with the teacher, aside from being kinda funny, but also kinda pointless? Did Blue get the book from her? The teacher didn't give a crap and just wanted to go back to sleep. I guess I'm just overthinking it, just that part of that page seemed kinda pointless.

I think it's establishing that everyone in this classroom is a whacked-out fairy crazy person, teacher included. There's no-one in charge.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

It's such an ancient horror, it sounds like a floppy disk drive. GROOONK

Now all I can think of is this music being played by floppy drives:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoDLyiQYKw

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Nerokerubina posted:

Aaron Hernandez, of course.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Did Ysengrim teach you Vanish and X-Zone? Ha! Didn't think so!"

Is it good or bad that I totally got this joke the instant I read it?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Quick, someone photoshop a Pats jersey onto it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it just me or is there a sleeping face between the mandibles?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Free etheric door.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tollymain posted:

Is it just me or is there a sleeping face between the mandibles?

It looks like there is. Giant worms are all fun and games until they eat someone.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nerokerubina posted:

It's funny (timely, too!) because "GRONK" is really the most appropriate possible noise to make while bursting through something using the weight and momentum of your enormous body.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Fargo Fukes posted:

I think it's establishing that everyone in this classroom is a whacked-out fairy crazy person, teacher included. There's no-one in charge.
Pretty sure that even though the teacher is a fairy, they've already gone through all their classes. She just decided to stay and teach. It's just she doesn't seem to particularly care what they do in the etheral realm.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
It's probably just surprised at being summoned without any warning. Blue interrupted it's nap.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

loquacius posted:

It's funny (timely, too!) because "GRONK" is really the most appropriate possible noise to make while bursting through something using the weight and momentum of your enormous body.

Yes but can the worm celebrate properly once he crushes past his opposition and reaches his destination?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vorpal Cat posted:

Yes but can the worm celebrate properly once he crushes past his opposition and reaches his destination?

I hope not, I can only think of a few things in this situation that it could spike like a football :ohdear:

To explain this derail to those who are befuddled and annoyed at the repeated references and injokes, Rob Gronkowski, or "Gronk" as he is affectionately known, is an American football player for the New England Patriots (who will be playing in the Super Bowl in a week and a half) who is notoriously difficult to bring down without him running at least another five yards or even bring down at all due to being generally huge and running really fast and also he is good at catching things. Generally speaking a giant etheric worm monster is probably a pretty good thing to symbolize him.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Vorpal Cat posted:

celebrate properly

I don't even care about football and that is wonderful.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Watch out giant worm, Bernard Pollard is coming to break your joints!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
"Grooooonk!"

"Chewie, is that you?"

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I didn't know the etheric world had windows.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Gee I wonder if this too will go horribly wrong.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Talorat posted:

Gee I wonder if this too will go horribly wrong.

No way! He just wants to be friends. He only breaks things because he has no arms to hug with. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I blame Coyote for this. Or maybe its the last few posts colouring my perception.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
It's just a coincidence, honor bright.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Re-reading a bit last night and I decided it was high time to change my avatar. I love all the robots in Gunnerkrigg, especially Annie.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Re-reading some older Bad Machinery stuff, I found this guest strip by Tom I had forgotten about. Relevant because we're currently on a Red chapter here.

Mercury Hat posted:

especially Annie.

Annie is the best robot.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Mercury Hat posted:

Re-reading a bit last night and I decided it was high time to change my avatar. I love all the robots in Gunnerkrigg, especially Annie.

I will miss your Toph av but this is an acceptable replacement.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Re-reading some older Bad Machinery stuff, I found this guest strip by Tom I had forgotten about. Relevant because we're currently on a Red chapter here.

Her hair! It goes up again! :aaa:

Also, on the topic of guest comics Tom did for John Allison, don't forget this early foray into the story of the dichotomy between science and moon magic that would grow to inform Gunnerkrigg as a whole!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Kojiro posted:

I will miss your Toph av but this is an acceptable replacement.

Toph was good but after 5 years deserved retirement. Firebenders are my favorite anyway :v: .

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

loquacius posted:

Her hair! It goes up again! :aaa:

Also, on the topic of guest comics Tom did for John Allison, don't forget this early foray into the story of the dichotomy between science and moon magic that would grow to inform Gunnerkrigg as a whole!

Science is a little green gremlin with glasses?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Saoshyant posted:

Re-reading some older Bad Machinery stuff, I found this guest strip by Tom I had forgotten about.

You know, I see this comic get referenced a lot but never really cared enough to try reading it. But the fire troll story that follows the link is pretty fantastic. I loved the mob. So thanks for eating up more of my free time, rear end.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

IronSaber posted:

Science is a little green gremlin with glasses?

Sort of.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Saoshyant posted:

Guess I found a new webcomic to read. My productivity will drop by about 50% now, thanks :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
Goddamn, I just read the entire thing in a day. It was awesome but now I have to wait for updates like the rest of you chumps. :mad: