Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think Eglamore is the guy with the pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
Wonderful interpretations! Jones is looking mighty sharp there. I love the texture of the clothing on Robot/Shadow2.

More, more!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I love those, especially Donny and Anja, whom I think are my favorite "side" characters. Is there a reason you didn't do Annie or Kat? That'd be awesome to see.
(Also you should consider making wallpaper-sized pieces :) )

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you have a tumblr account? I've seen the Jones piece floating around there recently...

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Those are wonderful.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh man, those are amazing. I love everything about Robot and Shadow 2, that picture's just wonderful and dynamic and yay the court and I want a wallpaper or something. And the Jones with the slightly creepy Coyote background is great. And Eglamore and his My Little Pony. (kidding, I know it's Sivo). And yeah Jeanne is awesome and dynamic and sepia Dolans are so drat classy and wonderful and gush.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

TheNork posted:

These are fantastic. Please, do more.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Guess I'll join the crowd by saying those are fantastic TheNork.

We should get those in the OP.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Those are unbelievably good, TheNork! I love the Jeanne one. It's so dynamic.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Robot and Shadow 2 are my favorite. Awesome job.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I do not think so. She's in the hospital, so unless she's a REALLY heavy sleeper, something odd is going on. And I think there's a reason Gamma insisted that Zimmy go see Annie.

:edi:

TheNork posted:

So about a week ago I decided to do a little mini project to flex my drawing muscles a bit. I settled on Gunnerkrigg Court, because I love the comic, and I figured I could spread the word a bit. Here are the results:

Holy poo poo dude those loving rule!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Crosspost from the strange fanart thread:

The MSJ posted:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Phy posted:

Eglamore is that guy.

Look! Eglamore! It's that guy you are!

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
drat, I'd gladly pay you and Tom both to get a couple of those as full size posters. That is some crazy good art.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If you don't spend several minutes examining the detail on every one of those pictures you can't fully appreciate them. Seriously, really, really good stuff.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tea-san posted:

That's great, I love hearing that kind of thing. Thanks!

When I finished reading the comic (all of it in one go) I immediately started thinking about which young relative I should get the books for. I'm more than a little surprised to hear that you're not making money off of this effort. Many people are making money off of things with much less merit. Keep trying to get this out there, it is better than a lot of the things you see on childrens' comic shelves.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

TheNork posted:

Hopefully it's obvious who's who in those pictures. :shobon: Thank you, Tom, for all your efforts.
Holy hell these are incredible. I'll also chime in with Shadow and Robot being my favourite, but it's hard not to marvel at that white-hot rage ghost there. Amazing stuff. Do you have a website with more of your work?

kirrus
Feb 17, 2011

At long last. Volume Two!

Arglebargle III posted:

When I finished reading the comic (all of it in one go) I immediately started thinking about which young relative I should get the books for. I'm more than a little surprised to hear that you're not making money off of this effort. Many people are making money off of things with much less merit. Keep trying to get this out there, it is better than a lot of the things you see on childrens' comic shelves.

I'm willing to bet he'll make a load more money when he sorts this out ;)
<<----------

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If I ever have kids I have to buy a present for, this is definitely a top option.

This or the complete A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

TheNork
Oct 23, 2007
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Thank you all for the kind words. :)

Tollymain posted:

Do you have a tumblr account? I've seen the Jones piece floating around there recently...

Roger Explosion posted:

Holy hell these are incredible. I'll also chime in with Shadow and Robot being my favourite, but it's hard not to marvel at that white-hot rage ghost there. Amazing stuff. Do you have a website with more of your work?

I do have a tumblr account, which is here. Or my portfolio, if you're curious.

I decided against Kat and Annie because I wanted to try for the side characters which tickled my fancy the most, but I may try drawing them when I get another chance. I've wanted to do Coyote, as well. (comedy option: boxbot)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

TheNork posted:

(comedy option: boxbot)

An epic battle between Boxbot and Robox, with Robox looking completely disinterested in a "what is he doing" way.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

TheNork posted:

Thank you all for the kind words. :)

Hey! They are awesome pictures, some of the best I've seen! Thank you for taking the time to draw them. I think the Donnie and Anja one is my favourite.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

TheNork posted:

They're all good but this one is easily my favorite. Wow.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

If I ever have kids I have to buy a present for, this is definitely a top option.

This or the complete A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

What age do you guys think the books are appropriate for? I have a cousin who's turning 11 soon, but am mildly concerned about Zimmy's cussing. Other than that I think they'd really enjoy the books.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Age 11 sounds perfect for this series. If I recall, Zimmy doesn't say anything worse than "drat," right? You can hear that in a PG movie.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003

bouncyman posted:

What age do you guys think the books are appropriate for? I have a cousin who's turning 11 soon, but am mildly concerned about Zimmy's cussing. Other than that I think they'd really enjoy the books.

Don't worry about it, most children love cussing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The only time I remember any serious cussing in GC was that one time Kat called Red a oval office. And that was (cleverly) censored. I think any young teen, especially a girl will love GC.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think you're misremembering a tad.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
He's probably getting it mixed up with the time Jack's dad tried to call Annie's mom that and got punched out by that guy who I think was Eglamore.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There was also the time Zimmy called the sky a bastard but the thunder happened in time.

Really though, chances are an 11 year old hears all this stuff uncensored all the time anyways at school, and it's pretty tame in Gunnerkrigg.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Okay, Kat, that's weird.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Well, that's a pigeon. But.. why?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

What duck?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

But I'm liking it.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

... I don't... Why is that on her head?

drat it Friday is to far away.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Zimmy can see the pigeon. The pigeon is Kat.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Okay, I get it - Zimmy/Gamma can read other people's minds, but they appear visually as something the subject spends a lot of time thinking about. Because of Kat's first love, her thoughts are represented as our Hatoful Boyfriend here on this page.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oi Tom, that bird from the title page got into your chapter.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

"Kat, you've got head pigeons. Go see the school nurse."

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Either Kat's psyche is represented by a pigeon, or her bond with City Face is enough for City Face to actually be there in Zimmy's perceived reality. Seems to be the first one, from its reactions.