Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Wittgen posted:

The first thing I thought of was those postcards Kat sent Annie while on her summer vacation.

I did think of that as well, although we did have a bit of an Annie/Kat drama thing a few chapters ago, so I don't know. Although aren't they about due for another summer vacation? It was last summer, in story time, that Annie spent in the forest, right? That's been like a million chapters ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell I was thinking of those illuminated pictures from way back in Chapter 2.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=23

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
How do you even remember something that specific?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I remember people in this thread talking about unsolved mysteries of the comic, and that was one of them.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Tenebrais posted:

Photographs, to me, imply memories. Perhaps this will be a reminiscing chapter for one of the adult characters.

Ooh! Donny-Dons and Jimmy-Jims fun time! Until Jimmy gets all emo about how Surma ditched him for that robot in human clothing, Tony-Tons.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Photographs, to me, imply memories. Perhaps this will be a reminiscing chapter for one of the adult characters.

And you know who loves memories and dividing things in two!

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
ali and his family flew south for the winter, but now he's hit those awkward teenage years and is all "NO gently caress YOU DAD"

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

And she never saw him again because at the start of this chapter Kat will be blinded in a freak soldering accident.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

IUG posted:

I remember people in this thread talking about unsolved mysteries of the comic, and that was one of them.

I recall that those pictures are simply a dropped plotline from the very early days of the comic.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

I recall that those pictures are simply a dropped plotline from the very early days of the comic.

Confirmed http://new.spring.me/#!/gunnerkrigg/q/318516651

Q: Will the odd glowing paintings in the old library seen early in the comic ever be explained or were they just there to add mystique?

A: I cut out that sub plot.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

It's backstory about the couple hundred years that Jones spent pretending to be Pele, the Hawaiian volcano goddess.

kbdragon
Jun 23, 2012
To me the tear also looks like a tornado...monsoon season?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Sun is almost setting over the sea yet the palm tree has a clearly defined shadow under it, meaning there is a second sun high in the sky. This chapter takes place in a nightmarish planet with permanent daylight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The pacing in this chapter is terrible!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

SynthOrange posted:

The pacing in this chapter is terrible!

Great post. 5/5. Would laugh at again.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Oh drat. This chapter's going places.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If Annie finds a way to bail on this at the very last moment I will hurl garbage in her general direction.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH OH Annie will accidentally drop Coyote's tooth in the ocean! :neckbeard:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You shouldn't go on a cruise just after starting a new job. What will the forest creatures do if they have a problem?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gunnerkrigg Court's year nine trip is better than my school's.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

SynthOrange posted:

No, that would be The Shorn Sea, this chapter is clearly The Torn Sea. :colbert:

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

SynthOrange posted:

Then they'll all just have to dejectedly walk home from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Like with the Red Sea and the Israelites, only far longer.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

SynthOrange posted:

Annie will accidentally drop Coyote's tooth in the ocean!

You mean, "Annie will accidentally drop Coyote's tooth in the ocean [excited intonation]"

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
isn't the crab lady or little tiny crab husband psychic? it's all in their heads, nothing but the court playing more mindgames.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I will admit I did not see this coming.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'm sure everything will be fine. They won't get stranded for weeks, the ship won't sink, and they won't get stranded on an island for years, although that would be a weird place to take the comic. Oh, also I'm sure no one will get murdered and thrown in the sea as is wont to happen in these circumstances. Also no pirates, ghost pirates, or sea monsters, unless you count the giant crustacean on this page.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Well that escalated quickly.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This is just a setup for the spin-off comic, Gunnerkrigg Cruise.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Well, I hope there's Santana champ at least.

It's so crisp (crisp).

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
The cruise runs aground on an island in the Bermuda triangle and it turns out Gunnerkrigg is actually an elaborate prequel to Lost. It was Coyote in the hatch the entire time!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Forget LOST, anyone who doesn't support the transformation of this comic into Gilligan'sGunnerkrigg's Island is anti-fun. :colbert:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Brightman posted:

I'm sure everything will be fine. They won't get stranded for weeks, the ship won't sink, and they won't get stranded on an island for years, although that would be a weird place to take the comic. Oh, also I'm sure no one will get murdered and thrown in the sea as is wont to happen in these circumstances. Also no pirates, ghost pirates, or sea monsters, unless you count the giant crustacean on this page.

Things will not go all Carnival Triumph poo-disaster

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Brightman posted:

super dangan gunnerkrigg 2

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Is Lindsey gonna be swimming along underneath the ship the entire time

A cruise for the students, a marathon for her

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Lord of the Flies, Gunnerkrigg Edition.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MooCowlian posted:

Lord of the Flies, Gunnerkrigg Edition.

My bet is on the Fire Elemental but I might be biased.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wyld Karde posted:

This is just a setup for the spin-off comic, Gunnerkrigg Cruise.

And the live action adaptation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqmwEYxov8

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Fair sized time skip there judging by how much Paz grew her hair out.

Though it's been a few chapters since we saw her so the skip wasn't "now", just that it happened.

(I am assuming that is Paz Kat and Annie together behind Lindsey in panel 1 and Paz in the pink shirt in panel 2)

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It's cool that characters we haven't seen in several chapters still get changes corresponding to the time that has passed. That's pretty impressive detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

Fair sized time skip there judging by how much Paz grew her hair out.

Though it's been a few chapters since we saw her so the skip wasn't "now", just that it happened.

(I am assuming that is Paz Kat and Annie together behind Lindsey in panel 1 and Paz in the pink shirt in panel 2)
I think Kat and Annie are the pink and black tufts of hair hidden in the mass of girls in panel one.