Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Gamma is becoming increasingly distressing. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Brightman posted:

Does this work?

Edit: And flipped to aim it at posts:

Edit2: Just saw that the along with recent downtime to improve forum stability the avatar size limits have been increased to 100kb and 150x150...but I'm too lazy to redo that to net a bit more curtain and half of a dancing girl. This does mean however that someone can get an animated avatar depicting the best page of Gunnerkrigg.

gif the two to make her chair-dance

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Brightman posted:

Does this work?

Edit: And flipped to aim it at posts:

"Look at all these lovely posts!"

This is perfect, thank you very much! :)

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
I am terrible at photoshop and gif-making, but I couldn't help myself:

Maybe someone better at these things can improve it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Brightman posted:

This does mean however that someone can get an animated avatar depicting the best page of Gunnerkrigg.

Up for grabs!

Slower

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The avatar limit is up to 100kb now by the way, which is more than three times larger than it used to be. You know, in case anyone wants to remaster their animated avatars.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kennel posted:

Up for grabs!

Taking this.

e: Done.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 20, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think that Gunnerkrigg's pace is only slow compared to something like Homestuck. Out of all the other webcomics I read it has the most consistent forward progression with its relatively short chapters.

Maybe I just don't read all the super fast paced webcomics.

E: I'd never call it glacial though that should be reserved for something like Vattu.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
I approve of more avatars of the best page ever.

Also yeah, Gunnerkrigg makes solid weekly progress on average, with a few nail-driving exceptions (The Revelation of Jones)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Torokasi posted:

I approve of more avatars of the best page ever.

Also yeah, Gunnerkrigg makes solid weekly progress on average, with a few nail-driving exceptions (The Revelation of Jones)

I think The Revelation Of Jones was worth it in retrospect, it reads really well as a solid block.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArcMage posted:

Gamma is becoming increasingly distressing. :ohdear:

I feel so bad for Gamma; while she's practically necessary for Zimmy, the situation she's in (in general, not specifically this boat thing) sucks so much for her.

Also I was totally fine with the Jones chapter, personally. I keep tabs on a lot of webcomics though, so while it's the highlight of my Wednesday webcomic reading usually, GC's not the only thing there and it being slow sometimes isn't a huge deal to me.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
So nobody's gonna comment on how suave Kat's moves are? No one? Alright then.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Arthur Crackpot posted:

So nobody's gonna comment on how suave Kat's moves are? No one? Alright then.

She stole the page as far as I am concerned. drat, girl's got it together.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
That last panel is glorious.

Gunnerkrigg is slow, but I can't think of any page that doesn't have something going for it.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

I wonder if the chapter will end with the ship sinking or not. My prom was on a boat and it would have been a lot more lively if the ship had gone down.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

:eyepop:

I wonder if the chapter will end with the ship sinking or not. My prom was on a boat and it would have been a lot more lively if the ship had gone down.

Oh ships are gonna sink all right. :getin:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
So the last couple days I've been playing Robocraft, a game that lets you build (and fight with) vehicles (which it calls robots for some reason).

I made a new robot.

It's pretty terrible.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Keiya posted:

So the last couple days I've been playing Robocraft, a game that lets you build (and fight with) vehicles (which it calls robots for some reason).

I made a new robot.

It's pretty terrible.

The worst.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

MikeJF posted:

I think The Revelation Of Jones was worth it in retrospect, it reads really well as a solid block.

Oh, definitely. It's why I referred to it as nail-driving - it's slow but it pounds the point home.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Faraday Cage posted:

I am terrible at photoshop and gif-making, but I couldn't help myself:

Maybe someone better at these things can improve it.

I feel that I should tell you that this is great and that if I wasn't broke I would totally use this as an avatar. You sell yourself short mon frere.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Rough seas out of nowhere, a deliberately timed dramatic interruption, and ominous shadows on stage. Those who were complaining about a lack of pace in the chapter better buckle up.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
oh, they let Dr Disaster come too? Sweet!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

oh, they let Dr Disaster come too? Sweet!

My thoughts exactly.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
S-series robots? Weird poo poo is happening.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DontMockMySmock posted:

Cult poo poo is happening my friend. Time for the sacrifice of the Angel's Lover to start the grand transformation into machine kind.

Or they'll just goof around and trigger a Zimmy episode more likely.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 22, 2014

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
yessss, super dangan gunnerkrigg is go!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Aren't they sworn to protect Kat? Don't think they'll be of much use at sea unless those wings are functional now.

Also I like how the first 2 panels are just the sea going, "Oh hey, a ship....I HATE SHIPS!!"

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Is that... a cluster of robots peering out creepily from the edges of the stage?

I really like the Doctor Disaster prediction, though. If this is a chapter with Doctor Disaster, which turns into a Zimmy mind-twist debacle, it'll be amazing beyond words.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Iceberg, dead ahead!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Wait wait wait.

"I have decided this is the dramatically appropriate time to cancel activities this evening."

"I have decided"

"I"

The robots have never refereed to themselves as I, and Lindsey can't talk. Who is on the intercom?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Looks like the pretty lobster lady's text boxes to me.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Super Waffle posted:

Wait wait wait.

"I have decided this is the dramatically appropriate time to cancel activities this evening."

"I have decided"

"I"

The robots have never refereed to themselves as I, and Lindsey can't talk. Who is on the intercom?

These robots are wirelessly interconnected, remember?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Wittgen posted:

Looks like the pretty lobster lady's text boxes to me.

Lindsey only talks in fixed-width text

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Rasamune posted:

Lindsey only talks in fixed-width text

So she does. I'm not sure how I was so wrong.

God I hope it's Randy.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Male Man posted:

These robots are wirelessly interconnected, remember?

They look like regular secret police robots. Maybe they've decided all this un-Diego-ish 'wireless' crap is heresy?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Wittgen posted:

God I hope it's Randy.

Maybe my monitor is poo poo at displaying the subtle colors in the word bubbles, but I don't think it's Randy, looks more like Douchey Chin-Scruff McGee, but I sorta doubt it.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Super Waffle posted:

Wait wait wait.

"I have decided"

"I"

mighty eyebrows bot

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Wittgen posted:

God I hope it's Randy.

Na if it was the decoration would be 1000X more guilded age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Most robots have the same pale green angled speech bubbles. Although sky watcher didn't. But most do.

The 'I', and a shitload of seraph-class robots... :ohdear: I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong... but it could be Robot.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 22, 2014