Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Brightman posted:

Things are going to get worse before they get better it seems.

He'll probably save the day somehow, maybe even inadvertently while trying to hatch a scheme of his own, but it ruins the robots' plans and maybe his own.

He'll do something suitably heroic with the spiders (or worse) in Zimrality and his girlfriend will swoon and be all "babe! You saved us!" and he'll be like "nah, you ain't my babe, Zimmy is my girl now". Then they'll do the Titanic on the ships prow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The Red Queen posted:

It's lab-made or home-made; bismuth crystals in the wild are pretty dull comparatively.

Don't care still pretty! (Actually that's interesting and kind of matches the theme the Court has going on as well).

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Sweet! Looks like the cruise came with a free bonus ticket to Spiderville! :dance:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well hope you all enjoy having reality shatter into tiny chunks guys.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:neckbeard: This is turning out well. Looks like this cruise is going to make port at Spider City and Fun City really soon.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
the ship goes into the ether, all the robots merge with all the nobodies, zimmy gains a cult of brainspidered kids, the whole belief->ether->reality thing comes into play and she becomes a goddess

edit:hopefully the prediction from the last panel here doesn't happen during this.

amishjosh fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 29, 2014

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

amishjosh posted:

the ship goes into the ether, all the robots merge with all the nobodies, zimmy gains a cult of brainspidered kids, the whole belief->ether->reality thing comes into play and she becomes a goddess

edit:hopefully the prediction from the last panel here doesn't happen during this.

There's an hour down the drain. Maybe I should try to re-read the whole thing again as a means to burn myself out on it so I don't end up reading 3 chapters or so every time a link to an old chapter is posted.

Does make me wonder if the robots will be able to use Zimmy effectively since they aren't etheric beings, I mean would they even be able to enter Spiderville?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Brightman posted:

Does make me wonder if the robots will be able to use Zimmy effectively since they aren't etheric beings, I mean would they even be able to enter Spiderville?

I bet they'll just be like "You, human! Produce Etherial powers and warp reality!" and Zimmy will be like "Screw you jerks!" and punch them in the face.

And then things go batshit because Zimmy isn't near Gamma.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

neogeo0823 posted:

I bet they'll just be like "You, human! Produce Etherial powers and warp reality!" and Zimmy will be like "Screw you jerks!" and punch them in the face.

And then things go batshit because Zimmy isn't near Gamma.
I'm betting this happens, except the robots try to harm Gamma when Zimmy fails to comply (perhaps identifying her as the probability device limiter) and things go *really* batshit.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Oh hey it's Friday, I think I'll go see the latest Gunnerkrigg upda--

OH poo poo

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

If you want to read the previous chapters where Zimmy World Birmingham happened, that's Chapter 5, Chapter 19, and 28. And Chapter 38 is also one with Zimmy surreality, but it's not Zimmy Birmingham (she's helping Annie after that call from her father messed her up).

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 29, 2014

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Oh poo poo I just realized what that page is about. I thought maybe they were fixated on Kat's (somewhat cavalier) attitude toward the living-robot she created and destroyed... but actually they've misunderstood her. Kat meant "[hooking up with Paz] was worth [losing the prototype]," but the cult has interpreted it as "[life as an organic being] is worth [the permanency of death]".

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Alien Arcana posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized what that page is about. I thought maybe they were fixated on Kat's (somewhat cavalier) attitude toward the living-robot she created and destroyed... but actually they've misunderstood her. Kat meant "[hooking up with Paz] was worth [losing the prototype]," but the cult has interpreted it as "[life as an organic being] is worth [the permanency of death]".

That whole chapter really is one of the best.

And they're all very good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This is rapidly turning into one of the better class trips I've seen.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
It's a shame that Kat doesn't realize she is considered some sort of spiritual leader to the robots. If she did, she could probably shame them out of this by saying something like

"As Creator, all of my work is careful and deliberate. You dare to have the impudence to presume my will and accelerate my plans? Cease these actions immediately and I will consider forgiving you!"

Though after this incident, she'll probably take their creepy obsessiveness much more seriously.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This means that Jack was right. I don't like this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Luckily, Jack has been using all this time to refine his robot murdering skills!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Luckily, Jack has been using all this time to refine his robot murdering skills!

"Then I will have to take you down myself," Jack sighed as he drew his katana.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Alternatively, just go into obsessive detail about Lindsey and Bud's sex life. That oughta scare off the ship! Or enrage it to the point it starts ramming things, one of the two.

(It'd definitely scare off the readers though.)

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

But what about the Laser Cows?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, this is a very positive change for the story of this chapter.

It's gonna be okay, guys.

Zimmy got this.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Oh god I've just realised we're going to see more of cyber-Angel Kat maybe an action shot

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Keiya posted:

Alternatively, just go into obsessive detail about Lindsey and Bud's sex life. That oughta scare off the ship! Or enrage it to the point it starts ramming things, one of the two.

(It'd definitely scare off the readers though.)

Oh god it would be like explaining the Quadrants in Homestuck all over again.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IUG posted:

Oh god it would be like explaining the Quadrants in Homestuck all over again.

So it would encourage encyclopedic analysis of all possible dynamics and fanfictions long enough to make James Joyce do a double-take?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Oh, this is a very positive change for the story of this chapter.

It's gonna be okay, guys.

Zimmy got this.

Said no one ever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Brightman posted:

I don't think that Zimmy's reality warps are strictly etheric hallucinations. I think it's more that she uses the ether as means and power source to alter reality, robots and all.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what would a realistic picture of zimmy look like? i'm mostly referring to the effect around/on? her eyes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tollymain posted:

what would a realistic picture of zimmy look like? i'm mostly referring to the effect around/on? her eyes.

Something like this?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is she wearing contacts, or is that photoshop?

also, while looking for similar things, i found these things and i want them

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Tollymain posted:

is she wearing contacts, or is that photoshop?

also, while looking for similar things, i found these things and i want them

Looks like it might be the all-over sclera that I see cosplayers use.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!
I just watched Emergo/Apartment 143, which has some scenes with a character who looks pretty Zimmy like.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I think, to the characters in the comic, they don't literally see dark fuzziness covering her eyes. It's probably a visual effect to represent more of a feeling. For starters, it's probably hard/impossible to make eye contact with Zimmy.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Lurdiak posted:

Something like this?

Someone needs to cosplay Gamma and give her a hug.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ditocoaf posted:

I think, to the characters in the comic, they don't literally see dark fuzziness covering her eyes. It's probably a visual effect to represent more of a feeling. For starters, it's probably hard/impossible to make eye contact with Zimmy.

That's a cool interpretation.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I could also imagine Zimmy keeps her eyes closed most of the time. Between her powers and Gamma, she probably doesn't need to look at things, and she might be afraid of what she will see if she does.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

That's a cool interpretation.

Tom basically said this.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Regarde Aduck posted:

Tom basically said this.

Still a cool interpretation.

So, of the thirty-seven other dimensions Lindsey lives in, are any of them good for discouraging overly-affectionate automata?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Someone just had to flaunt the rules and breakdance. Now look where we are.

That rule was there for a reason, guys!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
But maybe they need Kat inside the reality warp. And she didn't get to Fun City last time.
I mean they have the arm, but what is the arm without Kat? We have seen how her imagination works and that she isn't exactly sold on the Ether idea, so maybe she's immune to it's effects, and will be the only one left out of Spider Town Adventures while the rest of the ship is stuck there with the Lovercraft-esque Flesh Ship. This would be another ROTD style move for Tom, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's Hardhat Spider-Man!Seraph-bots!