Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gunnerkrigg Court dot com is too terrifying to go to! Very scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

They think they are *many robots*, but it is only *fingers*.

It is such a joke.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
There are no more Spiders now. Only Terminals.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Did I miss Ugly Building Chat? I actually slept in this one for a month as part of an exchange program:

New Court, Christ College, Cambridge. People call it the Typewriter. I called it Cell Block C.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

People call it the Typewriter. I called it Cell Block C.

Hah, I remember when my uni built their new black and white splotchy building and then tried to get people to nickname 'the spot' instead of 'the cow'.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

E: Nevermind.

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 2, 2014

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Destroying the stuff responsible for keeping the ocean away from Boatingham is sure to end well.

Edit: VVVVV Gonna go ahead and give a definitive "maybe" to that :geno:

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 3, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't end any worse than NOT destroying it though right

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I thought they were holding off until they found Zimmy.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Annie might be. The Robot King and his navy remains unaccounted for.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's magic guys, when they end the "reality distortion" they'll pop back where they were before, like the other times they've gone to zimmyville. Or at least, that is my prediction. Though of course, that doesn't explain why they'd have to wait to find Zimmy before doing that... sooooooo yeah.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
They still have to bring Gamma to Zimmy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's magic guys, when they end the "reality distortion" they'll pop back where they were before, like the other times they've gone to zimmyville. Or at least, that is my prediction. Though of course, that doesn't explain why they'd have to wait to find Zimmy before doing that... sooooooo yeah.

Don't know, previous trips to Zimmyland haven't included a gaping hole in reality. Pretty sure whatever meddling the seraph and boat team is doing is making this time different. And this doesn't seem so much to be purely in the ether, since there's no Annie scar and Reynard could ramp his speedboat right into it.

But there aren't really any 'rules' when it comes down to it, just some assumptions based on patterns we've seen before. I suspect that the rules of Zimmy's powers are whatever Tom needs them to be for the plot to work. I'm just surprised that this chapter keeps going on and on. I think it's taken the crown for longest chapter so far.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

Did I miss Ugly Building Chat? I actually slept in this one for a month as part of an exchange program:

New Court, Christ College, Cambridge. People call it the Typewriter. I called it Cell Block C.

Looks a heck of a lot like the 'ziggurats' at the UEA. Designers of university buildings really shared a lot of ideas back in the day, huh?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

New video is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAI9RrOL4c

It includes buildingchat!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
EDIT: Apparently I got a future page somehow when I loaded today's comic, so this has been removed.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 7, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

"Student Cadena-Blanco, P. Ability to communicate with animals."

"No threat."

Yeah, pretty sure that's her pulling an Aquaman stunt while hanging on to Lindsey.

What are you, uh, talking about.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

For a character new to this chapter, Jenny is certainly making an impact.

EDIT: Cat Herder, did you get a different new page tonight than the rest of us did?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

For once, Toms comment was perfectly in line with my own thoughts. :v:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Ditocoaf posted:

EDIT: Cat Herder, did you get a different new page tonight than the rest of us did?

Reloading the page..yes..yes I did. No idea how that happened, but I think Tom may have accidentally had the wrong page uploaded for a couple minutes or so or something.

Editing out the spoiler info now for anyone who doesn't want a really cool scene spoiled before it shows up ;)

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Wow, she's really good at DDR

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, as if anyone could mistake her for Zimmy, ha... ha. :v:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, as if anyone could mistake her for Zimmy, ha... ha. :v:
Just robots and goons. Therefore, goons are robots.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I saw the wrong page too and i dont care it's great

the actual update is cool too though.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Reloading the page..yes..yes I did. No idea how that happened, but I think Tom may have accidentally had the wrong page uploaded for a couple minutes or so or something.

Editing out the spoiler info now for anyone who doesn't want a really cool scene spoiled before it shows up ;)

I saw that page too and oh my god yes. :neckbeard:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

What are you, uh, talking about.
Be a cool dude and edit out the quote.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This update made me laugh. Stupid robots.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Jenny has gotten some solid characterization this chapter. Really interested to see her stick around after this chapter

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Jenny has gotten some solid characterization this chapter. Really interested to see her stick around after this chapter

Man, I hope so. We have, after all, been down a character recently.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ugggh casters can't make the pull this party sucks Vegeta better taunt soon.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I was all ready to dislike Jenny when I first saw her, but dang if this chapter hasn't given me a bunch of reasons not to.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I love how her proximity to Jack made us all assume that Jenny was going to be awful but I am super glad that she's turned out to be pretty cool. I'm just wondering how aware she is of Jack's infatuation with Zimmy.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I'd wager she's perfectly aware.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
I loving love Jenny and would not mind her sticking around, roasting bad robots forever. :unsmigghh:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Comic needs more Jenny. Girl's got moxie.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Comic needs more Jenny. Girl's got moxie.

I agree, so much so, that I'll probably stop referring to her as Boxbot in the future.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Regy Rusty posted:

I agree, so much so, that I'll probably stop referring to her as Boxbot in the future.

After Gunnerkrigg Court ends Jenny and boxbot get their own spin off comic where they team up and fight crime using Jenny's powerful witch magic and boxbots....um... ablity to be box shaped?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hey Tom! Any idea how some people apparently got to see a comic earlier than it was supposed to go live?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

After Gunnerkrigg Court ends Jenny and boxbot get their own spin off comic where they team up and fight crime using Jenny's powerful witch magic and boxbots....um... ablity to be box shaped?

It could be called...

"Moxbot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

boxbots....um... ablity to be box shaped?

Step stool.