Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Rey's really getting into the swing of this whole 'voice of truth and wisdom' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Wyld Karde posted:

Rey's really getting into the swing of this whole 'voice of truth and wisdom' thing.
I like to imagine he sounds like Keith David when he's in wolf form.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Tom posted:

ya welcome!

Welp, looks like you guys can stop complaining about that hella wispy goatee.

E: Yes, I know the joke is "bloatee" but Jack's not fat so it just didn't seem to fit.

Wyld Karde posted:

Also, I wanna say that one of the things I like most about this comic is the extremely natural sense of growth that the characters seem to go through. None of it ever feels forced, and the moments of drama never feel overworked or maudlin. Even the changes and improvements in the art style seem to match the characters' growth from (school) year to year and the natural progression of the kids as they're growing up.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 19, 2014

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
jack just thinks rey is joking until he turns around and sees something like this going "GET A drat SHAVE"

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
That image of Rey being all fiercely wolf-like with a pretty little flower pinned in his hair will always be funny as hell to me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tupperwarez posted:

I like to imagine he sounds like Keith David when he's in wolf form.

That's pretty close to how I imagine he sounds too. Used to be dead on Keith David but then I remembered they were British and I altered it a bit. Now I'm not sure who it is but I think the voiced a wise owl once.

I'd like to think Reynard said something else there originally and it got edited because of us, but it's more likely Tom just knows his audience at this point.

Edit: I think someone said they imagined his doll form as being voiced by Gilbert Gottfried once, and now it's hard to get that outta my head.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Brightman posted:

I'd like to think Reynard said something else there originally and it got edited because of us, but it's more likely Tom just knows his audience at this point.

Well it seems clear at this point that his original appearance at the start of the chapter was deliberately to give us the wrong idea and make us leap to 'dooooooooooooooooooooche'.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
I think Jack should keep the lovely scruff. Seems like it would be a good memento of how he wasn't a douchebag, for like this whole chapter.

And maybe some poo poo about not judging a teenager by the shittiness of his scruff or something

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Man that page was :thurman: as all hell. So good.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Rey's still awesome. And from that last panel it looks like we're shifting back to the dorm room next. Still no chapter end symbol, though. This chapter is huge.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Rey, you will forever be the extremely creepy demon with a rap sheet that disgusts all right thinking people.

But you aren't wrong here.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
isn't there usually a break during the winter/end of school year, usually with an awesome treatise page?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Brightman posted:

Edit: I think someone said they imagined his doll form as being voiced by Gilbert Gottfried once, and now it's hard to get that outta my head.

That's actually how I imagine Coyote sounding

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Bilirubin posted:

That's actually how I imagine Coyote sounding

Coyote is voiced by Tim Curry :colbert:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Coyote is and always will be voiced by Him, and I will hear no other opinions. :catbert:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

neogeo0823 posted:

Coyote is and always will be voiced by Him, and I will hear no other opinions. :catbert:

I feel like that voice doesn't fit 100% of the time, whereas Tim Curry does and can easily pull off the range of emotions and attitudes Coyote displays as well as the rapid pace at which Coyote switches between them. I don't think the dual-audio thing with Him fits at all either. Also there's the British aspect in play again, even though it doesn't make sense since Coyote isn't from there, but he's been there long enough. Realistically he should be voiced by someone who's Hispanic I guess.

Fun fact: Him is voiced by Tom Kane, who also voiced Prof. Utonium and the talking dog in ppg. The narrator was Tom Kenny (Spongebob, Ice King, etc) which I never knew.

Edit: Just remembered the voice I imagine for wolf Reynard is like Wan Shi Tong from AtLA except with a slight British accent. That owl spirit is voiced by Héctor Elizondo so clearly I'm all hosed up on this as far as nationalities go.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 19, 2014

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All characters are voiced by Kristen Schaal.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Brightman posted:

Coyote is voiced by Tim Curry :colbert:

Coyote is voiced by Tim Curry and Gilbert Gottfried, in unison.

Because he's a GOD.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Reynard is voiced by Tom Baker anyway. :tipshat:

Itzena fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 19, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Itzena posted:

Reynard is voiced by Troy Baker anyway. :tipshat:

Fixed that for ya.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Coyote is voiced by the most manic coked-up crazy they can shove into the recording studio on any given day.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Coyote is Mark Hammil's Joker with the slightest tinge of a British accent from presiding over the Woods for so long.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

JT Jag posted:

Coyote is Mark Hammil's Joker with the slightest tinge of a British accent

So, Mark Hammil's Joker, then.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Him and Joker are... a bit too high pitched for me. I mean yeah I imagine Coyote as high pitched, but only sometimes when he's getting whiny.

Honestly, my Coyote? Barrowman.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Reynard says what we're all thinking.

Also Coyote is Dave Foley and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Wait, you guys are telling me Steve Blum isn't voicing everyone?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Coyote is Stephen Colbert, sorry everyone.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MikeJF posted:

Him and Joker are... a bit too high pitched for me. I mean yeah I imagine Coyote as high pitched, but only sometimes when he's getting whiny.

I think Him and Joker are both good "headcanon" voices for Coyote because they have distinct dualistic natures to them: casual, joking, upbeat, 'high-pitched' as you say, and then deadly loving serious, and they can switch at the drop of a hat.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Smoky Bandana posted:

Wait, you guys are telling me Steve Blum isn't voicing everyone?

Just Annie.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm sure I've said it before, but for me, Coyote sounds sort of like a Blue Meanie.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I tend to hear Tim Curry myself for Coyote.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

MikeJF posted:

Barrowman with his Scottish accent or Barrowman with his American accent, though?

Who'd play Parley? I always imagine her with quite a broad Lancashire/Manchester accent. I can't really think of anyone who fits the bill.

e: Kelly McDonald (she played Merida in Brave) definitely needs to be Kat.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The problem with coming up with casting for the teenage characters is that it's hard for an actor to get known enough to fit a role while remaining a teenager.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Would the robots have a British (or some regional) accent?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Mraagvpeine posted:

I just imagine everyone with a Yorkshire accent.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mraagvpeine posted:

American southern drawl--think bible belt.

Dis here's an angel, ya'll.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I hear the robots in strict 50s-educational-film style RP most of the time. This style https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQWPR9TM0Gk

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mraagvpeine posted:

They speak in modem screeches that they modulate in a rough imitation of human language. The end result is something kind of like the Daleks. What they actually say in modem screeches is completely different from what a human will understand, of course. In reality, they exchange several gigabits of jokes about your mom.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Mraagvpeine posted:

The robots sound like the Smash Martians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Looks like it could be a bumper crop of avatars with today's strip. Look at those faces! :allears: