Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

Kat straight up told him, "Do something!" If he obeyed, I've no idea how.

He did something, he switched his ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If that's the case Renard might have done that to prevent Annie from knowing the ownership had gone to Kat and not to Tony for whatever reason.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I don't really care what happens with Reynard, I just want to see the dinner.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

That's not necessarily Kat's symbol, it's the 'symbol of the creator'. When Tony came back, the robots recognized him as one of their own, and they dumped that chump kid to get with a real angel.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

That's not necessarily Kat's symbol, it's the 'symbol of the creator'. When Tony came back, the robots recognized him as one of their own, and they dumped that chump kid to get with a real angel.
But that symbol was Kat's afterlife credentials... !!! Now Tony's got access to the ROTD!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

maswastaken posted:

But that symbol was Kat's afterlife credentials... !!! Now Tony's got access to the ROTD!

But Tony never touched the bat, did he?

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Welp, I totally didn't see that coming. Sign of the Maker!

This is interesting for reasons that go beyond the current situation. The... wait, what are they called, the full page art pieces. Triptychs? That doesn't sound right... Anyway, they've been playing up the big Court/Wood divide, with Kat and Reynardine on the side of Gunnerkrigg Court and Annie and Ysengrin on the side of Gilletie Wood. Separating Annie and Reynardine seemed weird before, but now it's starting to make sense.

maswastaken posted:

No way DracuDad lets a tosser like Anthony Carver into the RotD clubhouse.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Worth noting the tree in the middle, too, now that we know who that represents....

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Alien Arcana posted:

Welp, I totally didn't see that coming. Sign of the Maker!

This is interesting for reasons that go beyond the current situation. The... wait, what are they called, the full page art pieces. Triptychs? That doesn't sound right... Anyway, they've been playing up the big Court/Wood divide, with Kat and Reynardine on the side of Gunnerkrigg Court and Annie and Ysengrin on the side of Gilletie Wood. Separating Annie and Reynardine seemed weird before, but now it's starting to make sense.

No way DracuDad lets a tosser like Anthony Carver into the RotD clubhouse.

Treatise you mean. http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1452

Pretty interesting to see now what some of it was alluding to.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Cat Mattress posted:

"Corgidyne" sounds like a hosed-up puppy-powered steampunk technology.

Either that or the highest rank of corgi-based magic

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cat Mattress posted:

Diego actually has a great grandson.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Sounds like a dog-based painkiller to me!

... What if Anthony plans to grind Renard up and use him for medicine!? They gotta get him out of there, quick! :ohdear:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Canine-headed megacorporation. Chairman Welsh and VP Pembrooke are working on a way to create the ultimate tosser. The Anthony v.1 has just been released for closed beta testing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Cat Mattress posted:

The -dyne part reminds me of spells in SMT and Persona.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The title page, chapter thumbnail, and multiple panels have all tried to draw our attention to that chair.

If nothing happens with it all chapter, it might be just a Character Illustration for Anthony: you can picture him sitting in that otherwise-empty room, looking out the window, deep in thought. (???)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pik_d posted:

Treatise you mean. http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1452

Pretty interesting to see now what some of it was alluding to.

Huh, yeah, Renard being on Kat's side of this makes a lot of sense now. It's more than just "hangs out in the Court, is opposite Ysengrin for artistic purposes".

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Lurdiak posted:

Diego actually has a great grandson.

Surely that's his great nephew since I'm pretty sure Diego's tombstone reads "Here Lies Diego, He Never Scored".

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cat Mattress posted:

It sounds closely related to dogmentation.

He never asked for this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JT Jag posted:

It sounds closely related to dogmentation.

He never asked for this.

The one augmentation a pug needs the most is a cybernose to become actually able to breathe.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Ditocoaf posted:

If nothing happens with it all chapter, it might be just a Character Illustration for Anthony: you can picture him sitting in that otherwise-empty room, looking out the window, deep in thought. (???)

Oh god it would be super weird and creepy if they take Renard and leave without incident but it turns out Anthony was in the chair the whole time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

The one augmentation a pug needs the most is a cybernose to become actually able to breathe.

And maybe cybereyes that don't pop out.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Has anyone speculated exactly what the gently caress happened to Anthony?
His hand is hosed up, and his face is slightly nonsymmetrical as well.

That's not a healthy face. It's pretty much the only panel of him emoting and it's like he's got some facial paralysis going on there

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Illegal Username posted:

A bunch. Current main theory is that Zimmy Zims etherpunched him so hard she caused permanent damage.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I bet he wanted to feel the might of a bomb.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Illegal Username posted:

That's not a healthy face. It's pretty much the only panel of him emoting and it's like he's got some facial paralysis going on there

Well, he did get ethereally punched in the face. I'm guessing that leaves a mark.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Revolver Bunker posted:

Well, he did get ethereally punched in the face. I'm guessing that leaves a mark.

Good.

Also, kind of wondering how awkward the dinner is going to be. I am thinking midway between "accidentally defiled grave of your ancestors" and "Full blown defence of cannibalism". That and I got to see Tom at the London version of Comic-con! I even got myself a little "Gunnerkrigg" badge and a bit of signed art stuff!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Illegal Username posted:

He cut it off and sacrificed it in a ritual or something to create those bone things that put Annie in a coma more than likely.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It really is kind of amazing how much older he looks than Eglamore, Anja, or Donald. Like, he looks two decades older and two art styles more realistic.

Can he be any older than early-forties?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rand Brittain posted:

It really is kind of amazing how much older he looks than Eglamore, Anja, or Donald. Like, he looks two decades older and two art styles more realistic.

Can he be any older than early-forties?

When you get different angles you realize those are scars, not wrinkles, which explains the difference.

Somewhere along the line Tony-Tones got his rear end beat. Multiple times, going by how some of those scars line up. I want to find the person or being responsible and congratulate them.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
"Tony-Tunes" is probably a much better and more demeaning nickname, although you're definitely on the right track there.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He has an unfortunate gambling problem that will have no relation to the story whatsoever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fried Chicken posted:

When you get different angles you realize those are scars, not wrinkles, which explains the difference.

Somewhere along the line Tony-Tones got his rear end beat. Multiple times, going by how some of those scars line up. I want to find the person or being responsible and congratulate them.

Tony is in a Fight Club, it's the only way he can feel something close to what the humans call "emotions".

Jones is also a member.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

He has an unfortunate gambling problem that will have no relation to the story whatsoever.

Just like evertyihg else about this lovely character wow I hate this ugy so much get back to the real story tom.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Brightman posted:

He cut it off and sacrificed it in a ritual or something to create those bone things that put Annie in a coma more than likely.

This is my theory right now, mainly because I wanna see Tony doing some real warlock poo poo with all the cold clinical detachment of a surgeon performing a routine appendectomy

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
He probably lost his hand in a harrowing escape when his space station was destroyed after zimmy caused it to explode by punching him really hard.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Maybe he is experimenting on his own body.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Noonsaliwah posted:

This seems possible explanation to me - Maybe Annie's command was something along the lines of "I'm giving you to somebody else, they're going to come and pick you up and they're going to be in charge of you now" but she didn't specify who because she didn't want to argue with Reynardine (though he then started to argue with her of course, to get her to tell him what's happening).

Then Kat comes in and takes Renard between the command and Anthony getting to him.

This way, Annie might actually be oblivious to the fact Kat is the new owner.
It wouldn't surprise me if there's a throwaway line about two dozen or so chapters back where Annie told Reynard "Obey Kat while I'm not here" and that combined with Annie voiding the warranty "giving up" Rey under duress basically meant that ownership passed to the next person in line i.e. Kat

See also: Hettie going from older sister to younger brother with the boy being completely unaware of it.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
theory: Tony ordered Annie to transfer ownership to "the person with the sign of the maker", which he assumed was himself since he was the highest ranking person with it when he left the court.He was not aware of Kat's symbiotic link to the sign. Now Renard is bound to people with the sign of the maker, but the strength of that binding is tied to the strength of the sign. Kat is much more closely connected to the sign than Tony, so she has more control over Renard.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

clockworkjoe posted:

theory: Tony ordered Annie to transfer ownership to "the person with the sign of the maker", which he assumed was himself since he was the highest ranking person with it when he left the court.He was not aware of Kat's symbiotic link to the sign. Now Renard is bound to people with the sign of the maker, but the strength of that binding is tied to the strength of the sign. Kat is much more closely connected to the sign than Tony, so she has more control over Renard.

As far as I know Tony has no connection with that symbol. Where are you getting this information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Personally I suspect Tony's sign to be a huge douche.