Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

By the way, can I just say that it's amazing that Tom was able to represent the sense of touch, or rather of "feeling", so well using only visuals. Like, we completely get what Robot is experiencing, even though we can hardly fathom it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Demiurge4 posted:

This is probably a side effect of kat giving robots program full control of the arm. He needs a subconciousness to integrate it properly.

Hmm, never thought of that. Yeah, one thing that literally drives people insane is when something goes wrong with the filtering systems that keep the majority of nervous signals from reaching our consciousness. We only get the priorities and summaries.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This arm is the combination of:
-A code that was never intended to be read by humans, interpreted by a human
-Bio-engineering on a scale that even the Court has never seen
-possibly ethertic means that got into it who knows how (the extra part on Robots CPU?)

And it's trying to interface with a S1 chip put into a body that Kat buit from scraps. It's no wonder it's difficult to describe what it feels like.

But why is it eating away his face

Kikas fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 30, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kikas posted:

-possibly ethertic means that got into it who knows how (the extra part on Robots CPU?)

I suspect the extra bit on robotic CPUs are basically a very efficient, small version of part of Diego's heart, some essential driving component of them to allow the symbolic ethetic instructions stored in the CPU to work. I mean, we know that the robot computational code is literally the same symbols as on Diego's hearts.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 30, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Kikas posted:

This arm is the combination of:
-A code that was never intended to be read by humans, interpreted by a human
-Bio-engineering on a scale that even the Court has never seen

And it's trying to interface with a S1 chip put into a body that Kat buit from scraps. It's no wonder it's difficult to describe what it feels like.

There's a cool opportunity to get existential if kat copies robot onto a new robo-organic cpu. Especially if it destroys the old one.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jeez robot those braided cables went out of style quite a while ago. It's all SATA now

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I have to wonder, is anyone in the Court paying attention to what Kat's doing? Or is all this flying under the radar?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Kikas posted:

Well it is wired into his mind after all

:froggonk:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Scaramouche posted:

Jeez robot those braided cables went out of style quite a while ago. It's all SATA now

HAIL SATA!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I have to wonder, is anyone in the Court paying attention to what Kat's doing? Or is all this flying under the radar?

The Court is man's attempt to become God, so I would guess Kat is right on track.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At Gunnerkrigg, Master Donlan had an epiphany:

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more arms."

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Well she is working with the Court robots, so she's under their surveilance. The question is, how high do the information Robots report go? It might be so, that if noone asks, the information about what Kat is doing is staying in the inner Robot circle. Although after that ship episode, I doubt anyone running the Court could ignore that Kat is onto something. I still think it's only Kat's location (food tracking, WAKE UP PEOPLE :tinfoil:) and the general gist that "she's up to something with the Robots", cause I view the robots as a separate group from the Court.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Regy Rusty posted:

Ahh, Kat, or some say Katerina... do you hear our prayers?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I can't believe City Face is loving dead

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

"Crawling in my skin" takes a new meaning.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"Try not to think too hard about all this... it's just what guides do..."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This is fine.

e. might even fix whatever is misaligned in robot's head too.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kikas posted:

Well she is working with the Court robots, so she's under their surveilance. The question is, how high do the information Robots report go? It might be so, that if noone asks, the information about what Kat is doing is staying in the inner Robot circle. Although after that ship episode, I doubt anyone running the Court could ignore that Kat is onto something. I still think it's only Kat's location (food tracking, WAKE UP PEOPLE :tinfoil:) and the general gist that "she's up to something with the Robots", cause I view the robots as a separate group from the Court.

I'm sure there is at least one robot reporting to the Court management, even if they don't deal with day-to-day robot affairs. Kat's efforts is big news among the robots, and the Court tracks its students a lot, so I seriously doubt she's escaped their notice.

Not to mention her own parents work for the Court.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nothing can go wrong with this plan.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Robot is going to preach about the wonder of organic limbs. All the robots in the court are going to be clamoring trying to win Kat's favor to get themselves some sweet bio limbs. There will be a robo-caste system. They'll fight and Kat will be all "what the hell, guys" and cast robot out of the court, essentially, making a robo-satan.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everything seems fine and normal here, there is no need for alarm.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blackheart posted:

Nothing can go wrong with this plan.

I'm not sure there even is a plan, Kat's just doing poo poo and seeing how it plays out.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I feel like a few of you might need to go back a page and realize that this is Robot describing how he feels and this isn't actually happening.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Brightman posted:

I feel like a few of you might need to go back a page and realize that this is Robot describing how he feels and this isn't actually happening.

That has never been a barrier to bad things happening in Gunnerkrigg Court ever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brightman posted:

I don't think anyone thought that

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think anyone thought that

Maybe not, but I can't read people's minds like you can, and a few peoples' comments were vague enough that it could go either way.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Brightman posted:

Maybe not, but I can't read people's minds like you can, and a few peoples' comments were vague enough that it could go either way.

Maybe you shouldn't have read this page so literally. :v:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I wonder what happens when his new arm falls asleep...

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Well people were saying the same thing about Annie, then the court dragged Papa Carver in and told him "rein your daughter in or we expel her rear end" so I'm guessing they're either keeping this as another bargaining chip or they want to see where this all goes.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Brightman posted:

I feel like you might need to go back a few posts and realize that this is us describing how we feel and this isn't actually happening.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Bilirubin posted:

I feel like you might need to go back a few posts and realize that this is us describing how we feel and this isn't actually happening.

BravestOfTheLamps already made this joke, but you made it better. Kudos.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Daaaaaaamn Tea San this page loving rules.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How would you describe what your skin is feeling?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Dodgeball posted:

I wonder what happens when his new arm falls asleep...

:unsmigghh: happens.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I wonder if Robot has to eat now. The arm is supposed to get swole with practice after all...

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

YF-23 posted:

I wonder if Robot has to eat now. The arm is supposed to get swole with practice after all...

The critical flaw in Kat's design is exposed...for he has no mouth and he must eat.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like energy supply isn't much of a problem. If Robot needs raw materials to grow his robomuscles, he can always directly trap carbon from the atmosphere, because why not?

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

So that's why humans enter the world screaming! Robot took it relatively well, I think.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall posted:

Byrgenwerth Court
I was more on-point than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Here it is in all its glory (click to enlarge). It's supposedly not meant to fit exactly. The middle bit is missing, hence the black border.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 2, 2015