Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

neogeo0823 posted:

Wait, where did you get this from?

it's the chapter icon thing at the bottom of the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Enkor posted:

it's the chapter icon thing at the bottom of the page

:ms:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Fox Dad please let the nice crazy haired dude bowl in peace. Also don't murder him?

Annie why are all of your dads prone to murder

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I just realized this chapter is gonna be another robo-boat bottle episode. I'm slow :downs:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Lurdiak posted:

Eeeee panel 3.

Margo looks quite different from the last time we saw her.

Bowling time~~

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Vegeta's hair, now that I think about it, reminds me of that of Red and the other forest fairies. I wonder if that's a hint?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe like Nnie somewhere down the line he shared an ancestor with Red.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kesper North posted:

Vegeta's hair, now that I think about it, reminds me of that of Red and the other forest fairies. I wonder if that's a hint?

Reminds me a lot of those green elf jokesters. I could see him having an ancestor from the forest definitely.

That...or he really IS a super saiyan.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What's Vegeta's actual name, again? I've just been calling him Vegeta so long I forgot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

alcharagia posted:

What's Vegeta's actual name, again? I've just been calling him Vegeta so long I forgot.

William Winsbury.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
the very previous strip he is mentioned by name.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Acne Rain posted:

the very previous strip he is mentioned by name.

a lot has happened since then

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
His name is Dearest William

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Willie o Winsbury

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Wild Willie of Winsbury

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The teen pregnancy storyline is going to be a real hoot.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If looks could kill...

...oh poo poo it's Renard they can

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

You know this kind of raises an important question: If Surma was such a live wire compared to Annie why wasn't she constantly setting poo poo on fire on accident?

I guess if you get angry all the time, you get lots of experience controlling your anger. Annie just ignores it then periodically sets fire to things :black101:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ConfusedUs posted:

If looks could kill...

...oh poo poo it's Renard they can

Not without Kat's permission actually!

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Prince Winsbury of Planet Winsbury

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Yeah like, you guys joke, but this actually is pretty uncompelling from a romance perspective? And seemingly intentionally so. Like, there's people comparing it to Kat/Paz, but they had that whole moment in Faraway Morning, and Kat was pretty clearly coming to grips with her lesbianism in the chapters that followed. Winsbury developing feelings for Annie shows similar forethought, but it's been such a background thing that it's hard to give a poo poo about. Like, what is there to say besides "Oh, that guy?"

So like, I figure what's gonna happen is that he'll confess, maybe comically bungling it a little, and Annie's gonna say yes even though he's mediocre and she hardly knows him. Which is like, yeah! I do feel for Annie, and she deserves to have some some normal low-pressure teenage girl poo poo in her life right now. But when you go with a plot development that's intentionally uninteresting, you can't fault people for not being interested, you know?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Note to Self posted:

But when you go with a plot development that's intentionally uninteresting, you can't fault people for not being interested, you know?

I don't know about you, but personally I am extremely interested in seeing Renard give a very uncomfortable blond Vegeta increasingly dirty looks. I hope the rest of the chapter is nothing but that.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 11, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I am super interested in vegeta's relationship status, and actually care more about it than I do the magical adventures or robots.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

KittyEmpress posted:

I am super interested in vegeta's relationship status, and actually care more about it than I do the magical adventures or robots.

This is just set up to establish their time-traveling, sword-wielding child from the future

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

KazigluBey posted:

Please tell me there are meltdowns over the last two pages, please! :allears:

I just looked. There seem to be a few meltdowns from aromantic / asexual people being upset because they identify themselves with Annie and don't want her to end up in any relationship.

Which, honestly, wasn't an angle I was expecting.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Note to Self posted:

Yeah like, you guys joke, but this actually is pretty uncompelling from a romance perspective? And seemingly intentionally so. Like, there's people comparing it to Kat/Paz, but they had that whole moment in Faraway Morning, and Kat was pretty clearly coming to grips with her lesbianism in the chapters that followed. Winsbury developing feelings for Annie shows similar forethought, but it's been such a background thing that it's hard to give a poo poo about. Like, what is there to say besides "Oh, that guy?"

So like, I figure what's gonna happen is that he'll confess, maybe comically bungling it a little, and Annie's gonna say yes even though he's mediocre and she hardly knows him. Which is like, yeah! I do feel for Annie, and she deserves to have some some normal low-pressure teenage girl poo poo in her life right now. But when you go with a plot development that's intentionally uninteresting, you can't fault people for not being interested, you know?

Like you realize the point of asking her out would be to explore the possibility of a relationship? I mean

That's how these things work. It's dating, not asking her to be his waifu. The purpose of the background hints are to develop the idea that interest has existed for some time, if that is indeed what Tom's doing, not that they are soul mates. Whether the relationship is interesting or not is determined by what comes next, not what already happened. Paz was not a particularly well developed character either for quite some time, due to lack of exposure. Her involvement with Kat is where she started to get more fleshed out.

Uthor posted:

I just looked. There seem to be a few meltdowns from aromantic / asexual people being upset because they identify themselves with Annie and don't want her to end up in any relationship.

Which, honestly, wasn't an angle I was expecting.

Delightful :allears:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 11, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's just a pity offer, Winsbury deserves better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blackheart posted:

It's just a pity offer, Winsbury deserves better.

How would you know?

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Like you realize the point of asking her out would be to explore the possibility of a relationship? I mean

That's how these things work. It's dating, not asking her to be his waifu. The purpose of the background hints are to develop the idea that interest has existed for some time, if that is indeed what Tom's doing, not that they are soul mates. Whether the relationship is interesting or not is determined by what comes next, not what already happened.

Yes! That's what I'm saying, my dude! I said right in the post that I understood that if Annie and Winsbury start dating, it's not gonna be the epic romance of the story. And I totally understand that not every fictional relationship has to dramatic or super cute or gay or anything, and that in the long view it adds texture to the narrative for poo poo not to be at eleven all the time. Like honestly, dating this guy would be perfectly in character for Annie, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she'd act in that situation, because Tom has taken the time to make sure we care about her. However, while Winsbury's certainly one of the comic's more prominent randos, he doesn't have anything near that kind of cache. He's just that classmate who used to be kind of a dick to Annie, but recently started being nice to her. At this point in the story there's no dramatic thrust behind his crush on Annie, and that's the entire point!

The that gets me though, and maybe I'm not reading your post right, is that you seem kind of ticked off at me for not being invested in this hypothetical couple that we're not supposed to be invested in yet. Like, if the suggestion that these two may someday exchange more than a dozen words is enough to get you excited, then alright, but don't look at me like I'm the weird one for not being glued to the edge of my seat, here.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Note to Self posted:

Yes! That's what I'm saying, my dude! I said right in the post that I understood that if Annie and Winsbury start dating, it's not gonna be the epic romance of the story. And I totally understand that not every fictional relationship has to dramatic or super cute or gay or anything, and that in the long view it adds texture to the narrative for poo poo not to be at eleven all the time. Like honestly, dating this guy would be perfectly in character for Annie, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she'd act in that situation, because Tom has taken the time to make sure we care about her. However, while Winsbury's certainly one of the comic's more prominent randos, he doesn't have anything near that kind of cache. He's just that classmate who used to be kind of a dick to Annie, but recently started being nice to her. At this point in the story there's no dramatic thrust behind his crush on Annie, and that's the entire point!

The that gets me though, and maybe I'm not reading your post right, is that you seem kind of ticked off at me for not being invested in this hypothetical couple that we're not supposed to be invested in yet. Like, if the suggestion that these two may someday exchange more than a dozen words is enough to get you excited, then alright, but don't look at me like I'm the weird one for not being glued to the edge of my seat, here.

You came across as though you were expecting them to be set up as perfect soul mates, and that the lack of that kind of dynamic was the source of the lack of interest.

I see now we're coming at this from different angles. I'm not interested in Winsbury and Annie dating as a concept, just the possibility for interesting characterization that might arise from it. Whether it actually happens or not. Whether he strikes out or gets anywhere, I look forward to learning more about Winsbury as a character. He's always been at the periphery, just enough in view to get a decent picture of who he is but not in any detail.

I wanna know if he's like, the kind of Super Saiyan that could take on Frieza or if he's more like Goten and Trunks, Diet Super Saiyan.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The way panic in this thread spreads like wildfire with each new page is worrying.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

The way panic in this thread spreads like wildfire with each new page is worrying.

If this isn't resolved by Friday I am going to LOSE it

I might post "I am very upset" or something who knows

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I love Paz interacting with Rey the last few pages.

Sometimes with all the talking and magic and stuff you forget that he's a big fluffy doggy.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Also he apparently likes Paz, he didn't snap at her for hugging him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Of course he likes Paz, he's not some kind of monster.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

He's liked her for a while, it seems.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The foreshadowing in this comic is amazing, you could even say Winsbury's had his eyes on Annie since day one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Alright Tom, cards on the table: what I want out of this chapter is to find out that Matt was able to meet Chang'e again.

Please?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Chang'e died on her way back to the Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Poor Janet, no one here is considering her feelings