Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
If y'all are reading through page 1, wondering whether you should give this comic a try: stop before you spoil yourself on something. It's really great! Read it all and talk about it with us.

Jeanne is waiting for someone, or something. The only option I can think of is the hunky green elf. Which begs the question, what happened to him? Also, wasn't Jeanne on the forest side of the waters when Annie first encountered her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Pester posted:

Shut your lying mouth, mister.

So, um, does anyone know what time GC is supposed to update at? :f5:
Midnight exactly, PST.

Speaking of, people called it. Goodbye nameless sexy elf :(

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Kismet posted:

This sounds pretty plausible, but I'd go one step further and guess that Jeanne isn't 'used' by the Court at all. I think she's out to get revenge on court-siders, which is why she went after Annie and not the fairies - and why Muut comments that she's 'still so angry'. Not sure how Diego and the birds fit into things, though.
We still don't have any proof that she's a murderer, though. All she's done so far is give Annie that odd scar on her spirit-self.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

One of the things I like about QC its its story format. Obviously the story arcs are linked, but they're also pretty well-contained and separate in mood and perspective. It's a scheme where I can remember a fun plot like the camping trip and just hop back to it to go through again. So I was wondering, do people have a favorite story so far? (Here is the list.)

Off the top of my head I'd pick the medium training one. Sure it's not very action-y, but I like the interaction of the characters and the little mysteries that pop up.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Hah, I knew there was some reason I had been doubting Jeanne's violent tendencies.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=360
Particularly I'm looking at the wording on panel 3.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

chiyosdad posted:

She's saying "when I thought she had cut me" because she doesn't know she's been cut yet. Later in the ether Coyote points out the cut and she was like, wait, what?
But that shows that it doesn't hurt. And the cut never shows up until she's traveling through the ether, so clearly it's related to her powers.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

McGravin posted:

The cut is magical and shows up whenever magic is going on. I think it just has to be ether-related, not necessarily specifically Annie's powers.

I thought everyone knew this already.
I figured people did too. I'm pointing out that Jeanne wasn't trying to kill her, at least not in a literal, cut-poo poo-up sense-- there was something else going on there.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Half this thread has been about that horrible thing! Can't you people read? :mad:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court is the kind of thing I'd love to see made into a series of movies one day. Maybe it's not the perfect series but it's very entertaining and I for one would go see it opening weekend.
I prefer to picture a TV show. Half an hour seems a decent time for each story.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Tea-san posted:

Yeah, come on guys.
To be fair, it was also revealed that you're friends with Spiderman.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Ka0 posted:

I don't believe a word Coyote has ever said.
Pssh, when has Coyote ever been proven wrong? :colbert:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

ChibiSoma posted:

Hopefully Annie can push through her sadness and run interference before Jeanne does something... :ohdear:
This makes it sound kinda like a football play. :v:

I'm guessing that Parley's glowing heart has more to do with etheric communication. It appeared when she touched Annie during her projection. A guy in the webcomic thread suggested that maybe Parley is just a lens for powers--Smitty's order-inducing is turned into teleportation that puts her where she "belongs", and Annie's spiritual powers become, uh... this.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

poo poo'S GOING DOWN.

Well, Jeanne is murderously psychotic. Who would've guessed? :v:

vvvv He'll just point to his T-shirt.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 29, 2010

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I have the horrible feeling they are going to escape but parley will be horribly disfigured or something else really bad.
Noooo, she needs to be all up in Smitty's bizzness :(

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

A student posted:

Kat would just make a bionic heart for Paisley, one that produceg love and chocolate and laser beams.
Just like a real heart!

Only with lasers.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

A few months from now, some crazy things are going to happen in the court, and Annie is going to sleep fearfully with Coyote's tooth tucked under her pillow. She will awaken to find that it's vanished, replaced with a gigantic diamond and a note reading "OH WOW, THANKS! - TF"
Fairies in GC are such jerks. :argh:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I wondered upon first read if it was "YOU" in the first panel. Might imply that other death gods have bent the rules before. But "waiting" seems more likely now.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

:geno: "A fine strike, fille"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Parley noooo :(

Heheheh just kidding. Looks like it'll be awhile before Annie can deal with Jeanne though.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Smitty's power is comforting :smith:

I'm guessing this is going to lead into a chapter on Annie learning to defend herself. Time to see what that tooth can do.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Jeanne isn't even fighting with 10% of her true power. Kat will have to design an intense training room that has 100 times normal gravity and compresses 10 years into an hour.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Not gonna lie, before I read the author's credit I was thinking "That is way too similar to the GC fairy's 'hair go up' joke"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Aw, Tea is ragging on himself again in the caption for the latest update. :smith:

vv yeah i guess they're objectively weird in context with the rest of the art...

Fecha fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 8, 2010

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

The 19th Person posted:

For a guy's who's entire shtick is keeping things organized, he sure has trouble keeping his eyebrows in their proper place. :v:
They're exactly where they should be. :colbert:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Man, Annie. Always so awkward at changing the subject.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Oh man. Those faces.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

farraday posted:

Maybe Carver is a Robot....

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

For a medium in training, she sure is socially dense.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Not much to go on in this latest page, but someone in the comic's comments section pointed out that we've seen the symbol before.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=531

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

McGravin posted:

What if all the time, though? What if Coyote is Annie's mom?
This works horribly with my dumb-theory-I-don't-really-believe that Reynardine is Annie's real dad. :gonk:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Guys please this is the GC thread, the only dicks you should talk about are Ysengrin and Diego. :smith:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Dodgeball posted:

Query: Did I detect some burning in the 6th panel?
Reply: Only Renard's incredible insult.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Clearly Jack's dad didn't know Annie's mom all that well.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Jack is the smoothest player to ever play the game.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Oh, hey, this hasn't been referenced in like 15 chapters... in one tiny panel before she talks to Jones. Seems like Annie's going to get a "stop being a butt" chapter sort of like Kat had with the injured bird. Her shortcomings have been on display for the past like 10 pages.
Speaking of, I like the detailing of Kat's room with the X-Files poster and bird mask. And a lil' robot dude.

e: okay a few panels. http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=365

vvv Seems like it just means that she's putting on a polite face for people that immediately disappears when she leaves them. She also seems more irritable than usual in general.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 15, 2010

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Fangz posted:

Also maybe she went to talk to Jack because she wanted help with her homework, but realised how bad an idea getting Jack to help would be.
It seems bizarre to me to leave the company of Kat and her mother and then go to ask Jack for help with homework.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Brannock posted:

Are you a robot?
Hey, robots are allowed to post in here, as long as they're not a certain terrible one.

(His name IS in binary...)

vv that's actually really depressing.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 17, 2010

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

JEEZ, Annie. :(

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Fangz posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=416

And I guess this is why Reynardine hates Anthony so much - he believes Anthony left because he blamed Antimony for Surma's death.
Well, and also that he married the love of Reynardine's life.

I'm unclear on how that second link is foreshadowing, though, I still take it the same way: the fact that Annie is transferring in means that Surma has finally died. I guess it'd make it more likely that Kat would like her, but genetics tend to lend to that anyways.